There's Something About Mary

Old July 20th 05, 07:29 AM
Philip

"Mary" wrote in message ...

"Rhonda" wrote in message
There is a lot of stuff here.

Mary, is this real? Did you really pose as someone on the suicide help
group wanting to commit suicide in Norway and ask for someone else to go
out with you? Did you post on alt.troll a few years ago that you were
just learning how to troll? I'm asking you up-front because I know how
you feel about honesty.

None of us are angels, but this is so disturbing.

Rhonda, like the poster said, you decide for yourself.

You've read my posts now for a while. Am I here to disrupt
the group? And believe me, I am no gardener. When would I
have time?

snip

You are here to disrupt this group and any other wherein you can stir up
****.

I had your ticket right from the beginning.

Old July 20th 05, 07:29 AM
Philip

"Mary" wrote in message

"Rhonda" wrote in message
There is a lot of stuff here.

Mary, is this real?

I just thought of something that ought to ease your mind, if you are
buying
any of this.

Do you remember Greg, the San Diego guy who I talked with for over an hour
on the
telephone about adopting Conan? Well, he asked if we could talk via
telephone and I sent
him my number.

When he called, my husband answered the telephone. You can always email
Greg
and ask him who he asked for when he called me.

Well it's public knowledge now!

Old July 20th 05, 07:29 AM
Philip

Rhonda: You're pretty gullible. Do you think Nancy/Mary/Celeste is
honorable? If you do, then you are little more than a confused little girl.

"Rhonda" wrote in message
I don't care if your name is Nancy or Mary or Celeste. I care about how you
treat others and what's going on inside. I need to hear you say that this
stuff is not true -- that you didn't try to get someone else to commit
suicide and that you didn't bring up someone's fathers' death to get even
with them over a post.

I do believe you love cats and genuinely wanted to do good for Conan.

Rhonda

Old July 20th 05, 07:29 AM
Philip

"Mary" wrote in message

"Rhonda" wrote in message
I don't care if your name is Nancy or Mary or Celeste. I care about how
you treat others and what's going on inside. I need to hear you say that
this stuff is not true -- that you didn't try to get someone else to
commit suicide and that you didn't bring up someone's fathers' death to
get even with them over a post.

None of that is true, Rhonda. But I think you know that. Your instincts
are better than that.

Good gawd .... Mary/Nancy/Celeste is seducing Rhonda.

Old July 20th 05, 07:37 AM
-L.

Mary wrote:
"whitershadeofpale" wrote in message
Mary say it isn't so!

Tell me you didn't wreck the rose club?

RFLMAO

Dumplin', I am all brown thumbs. But I love these
conspiracy theories.

You are lying again! You posted *here* as at the same
time you were posting to rec.gardens.roses. It's *all* in the archive.
You are so ****ed up, you don't even remember what you have posted,
where.

-L.

Old July 20th 05, 07:41 AM
Mary

"Snittens" wrote in message

"Mary" wrote

Dumplin', I am all brown thumbs. But I love these
conspiracy theories.

Just curious, but didn't you used to post under "rosefan" on this group?

Axel. I am a major G&R and Kurt Cobain fan.

Look, I have no problem with someone posting under a fake name. But this
does all seem very bizarre.

It is supposed to.

Old July 20th 05, 07:57 AM
-L.

Mary wrote:
Just curious, but didn't you used to post under "rosefan" on this group?

Axel. I am a major G&R and Kurt Cobain fan.

You are a ****ing idiot. You posted at the *very same time* to
r.p.c.h+b AND r.g.r. under the name "Mary" and email address
. Anyone can google it and find you.

-L.

Old July 20th 05, 08:25 AM
Charlie Wilkes

On Wed, 20 Jul 2005 04:17:35 GMT, Rhonda
wrote:

There is a lot of stuff here.

Mary, is this real? Did you really pose as someone on the suicide help
group wanting to commit suicide in Norway and ask for someone else to go
out with you? Did you post on alt.troll a few years ago that you were
just learning how to troll? I'm asking you up-front because I know how
you feel about honesty.

None of us are angels, but this is so disturbing.

HORK!

I suspect the worst may be true. But who cares? Mary didn't
orchestrate Dan and Monica's sleazy performance. She picked up on it
and ran with it. That is why I couldn't believe, at first, that Dan
was lying. It just seemed crazy that he would set up someone like
Mary -- or me, for that matter. I didn't know anything about Mary's
history at that point, but I could see she was a dedicated Usenet
fiend.

Do a google groups search for "despair my ass" in the subject header
in seattle.general. I posted it after the infamous day when Seattle
was tied up from one end to the other by a woman on a bridge who
ultimately jumped and survived. It actually split into several
threads, I think, but that was the first one.

I sure got the hate mail over that one. A number of people wrote and
I got ISP complaints too, which doesn't usually happen in the seattle
hierarchy. One guy wrote this long, tormented email, wondering how he
could prepare his children to live in a world populated by people as
cold-hearted as me. He was less angry than demoralized by the
villianous tone of my comments. Ultimately I apologized publicly
because I felt so bad about how I made people feel.

Another one -- look for "promise keepers" as a string inside the text
in rec.pets.dogs.behavior. On the day before Christmas the guy wrote
me this email in which he explicitly threatened to find out where I
live and hunt me down and kill me. I wrote back, "I'm sorry you got
so mad, but you're using your real name. What would happen if I
pretended to take you seriously?" He wrote back, "I'm so sorry, I'm
just having a real rough time of it these days..."

It was because of those kinds of experiences that I gradually calmed
down. I love a flame war, but I don't want to really ruin someone's
day, usually. That's why most of the really outrageous stuff I posted
is a few years old.

But along come Dan Mahoney and Monica Towle, and I just happen to get
mixed up in it, and Mary just happens to get mixed up in it too. Once
that happens, what else can we do?

Charlie

Old July 20th 05, 08:36 AM
Mary

wrote:

[...]

Philip started the whole thing. If he just had not sent those glowing
posts about this great big red cat, then told us he had returned him.

Tell me this: do you really think we may rest assured that Conan/Dylan
is in a good home?

Old July 20th 05, 08:56 AM
Charlie Wilkes

On Wed, 20 Jul 2005 05:01:57 GMT, Rhonda
wrote:

Mary wrote:

"Rhonda" wrote in message

Mary, is this real? Did you really pose as someone on the suicide help
group wanting to commit suicide in Norway and ask for someone else to go
out with you? Did you post on alt.troll a few years ago that you were
just learning how to troll? I'm asking you up-front because I know how
you feel about honesty.

None of us are angels, but this is so disturbing.

Rhonda, like the poster said, you decide for yourself.

I will, Mary. Like I said, no one here is an angel but this is too much.
I need to know that the people I deal with are basically good human
beings. Trying to get someone else to commit suicide is not a game.

I think that post written to elicit sobs of outrage from sanctimonious
and decidedly non-suicidal readers. As an incitement to a suicide
pact, it offers little to grab hold of, with no mention of motive or
philosophy but rather a practical discussion of logistics. What truly
suicidal person is going to follow that train of thought?

You have to face facts, Rhonda. Post a message to Mary, and she will
respond immediately. I'm almost as bad. What does that say about us?
That we want everyone to get along, so we have nothing interesting to
read or post about ourselves???

Personally, I'm gonna troll the **** out of anecdotes with animal web
pages this summer. Every one will have a midi file chosen for its
emotional impact. Dan ain't gonna slither away on a line of bull****
about threatening phone calls. As far as I am concerned, he has
greatly compounded his issue with me by throwing out the inference
that one of us might have made this supposed phone call. Threats or
harrassment are not my style. Unlike some of these toddlers, I know
how to keep the sand inside the sand box, and I do.

If these allegations are not true, you'd better sue for libel because
this is a big one.

Libel has to damage a reputation. On Usenet, this thread amounts to a
big character endorsement.

Charlie