New Kitten

Old April 3rd 07, 07:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Junebug8065

Default New Kitten

I just got a new kitten almost a year ago and he always sleeps on top
of my head! I don't know why he does this, but only to me not my
brothers or parents. Often I have to lock him out of my room because
he wakes my mutliple times in one night!! Does anyone have any
suggestions as to how I could train him to sleep at the foot of my bed
instead of on top of my face. Any suggestions would be very helpful!!
Thank You!

Old April 3rd 07, 07:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Matthew

pick him up when he does it put him at the foot of your bed keep doing it
when he tires to come back up. You allowed the behavior to go on for over a
year now you must face the music and have some

ups.com...

Old April 3rd 07, 08:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Priscilla H. Ballou

In article . com,
"Junebug8065" wrote:

I just got a new kitten almost a year ago and he always sleeps on top
of my head! I don't know why he does this, but only to me not my
brothers or parents. Often I have to lock him out of my room because
he wakes my mutliple times in one night!! Does anyone have any
suggestions as to how I could train him to sleep at the foot of my bed
instead of on top of my face. Any suggestions would be very helpful!!
Thank You!

I suspect he'll grow out of this. When my Francis was a bitty thing (he
was handed to me at four weeks of age, he would climb up on top of my
head as I lay on the bed and snuggle there. I think it reminded him of
his mom.

Is your hair different from your brothers' or parents'? Is it possible
for you to wear a knitted cap or shower cap or the like to bed?

Good luck! You might want to treasure these memories for retrieval when
he's given up this kind of cute trick.

Priscilla
Old April 3rd 07, 09:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Lynne

on Tue, 03 Apr 2007 19:33:54 GMT, "Priscilla H. Ballou"
wrote:

You might want to treasure these memories for retrieval when
he's given up this kind of cute trick.

IF he gives it up, I doubt it will be without some encouragement. My
kitten is STILL suckling on my lip, even though he's 9 months old. I have
tried "weaning" him, but he's so damn cute that I just can't.

--
Lynne
Old April 3rd 07, 10:25 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
MsKitty

On Apr 3, 1:23 pm, "Junebug8065" wrote:
I just got a new kitten almost a year ago and he always sleeps on top
of my head! I don't know why he does this, but only to me not my
brothers or parents. Often I have to lock him out of my room because
he wakes my mutliple times in one night!! Does anyone have any
suggestions as to how I could train him to sleep at the foot of my bed
instead of on top of my face. Any suggestions would be very helpful!!
Thank You!

He likes sleeping there because it is warm. Just keep moving him to
the foot and eventually he will get the idea, although it will take a
bit since it has been going on so long!

Old April 4th 07, 12:09 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Cheryl

"Junebug8065" wrote in message
ups.com...
I just got a new kitten almost a year ago and he always sleeps on top
of my head! I don't know why he does this, but only to me not my
brothers or parents. Often I have to lock him out of my room because
he wakes my mutliple times in one night!! Does anyone have any
suggestions as to how I could train him to sleep at the foot of my bed
instead of on top of my face. Any suggestions would be very helpful!!
Thank You!

My first ct Mrley t ge 13 never outgrew sleeping on my hed. He kneeded my
sclp s I slept, too, so t some point I hd to bnish him from the sleeping
qurters. It hurt, nd I lwys woke with mouthful of fur. He hted being
bnished, so the sooner you hve to do it, the better for him to get used to
it.

Good luck nd it's still cute. LOL

Cheryl
(fill in missing vowels with the letter ; lptop died nd while witing for
prt, I'm stuck with n old PC with bd keybord nd by now I'm tired of C&Ping
the letter lol.)

Old April 4th 07, 03:16 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
bookie

On 3 Apr, 19:23, "Junebug8065" wrote:
I just got a new kitten almost a year ago and he always sleeps on top
of my head! I don't know why he does this, but only to me not my
brothers or parents. Often I have to lock him out of my room because
he wakes my mutliple times in one night!! Does anyone have any
suggestions as to how I could train him to sleep at the foot of my bed
instead of on top of my face. Any suggestions would be very helpful!!
Thank You!

just learnt to live with it, he may grow out of it someday but lets
face it, it is rather cute. i woudl be rather flattered if my jessie
even slept onmy bed with me but she won't, only when I am not in it
will she sleep on it, all other times she is either in her radiator
hammock right next to the bed or in a box of my rowing kit at the foot
of the bed. I coudln't imagine 'training' her to do anything, i think
it woudl be a fruitless task really.

i reckon he sleeps there because your head is the warmest part fo you
(it is where we lose most of our boyd heat remember) so if yu REALLY
want to stop him sleeping there then maybe get one of those heating
pad things that you heat inthe microwave or a hot water bottle and put
it next to your feet and then place him there too on top of it. When
he realises there is a nother source of heat for him down there he may
choose to sleep there instead of on your head. Just an idea, try it,
it may work.

bookie

Old April 4th 07, 03:24 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"bookie" wrote in message
oups.com...
On 3 Apr, 19:23, "Junebug8065" wrote:
I just got a new kitten almost a year ago and he always sleeps on top
of my head! I don't know why he does this, but only to me not my
brothers or parents. Often I have to lock him out of my room because
he wakes my mutliple times in one night!! Does anyone have any
suggestions as to how I could train him to sleep at the foot of my bed
instead of on top of my face. Any suggestions would be very helpful!!
Thank You!

just learnt to live with it, he may grow out of it someday but lets
face it, it is rather cute.

Yep. Gracie wakes me up several times a night some nights, looking
for petting. She's a rescue, and it took her five years to feel comfortable
enough to really start demanding affection. She was so polite, so grateful
at first to be out of the shelter, it was very sweet but heartbreaking at
the
same time.

Old April 4th 07, 03:28 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"Cheryl" wrote:

My first ct Mrley t ge 13 never outgrew sleeping on my hed. He kneeded my
sclp s I slept, too, so t some point I hd to bnish him from the sleeping
qurters. It hurt, nd I lwys woke with mouthful of fur. He hted being
bnished, so the sooner you hve to do it, the better for him to get used to
it.

Good luck nd it's still cute. LOL

Cheryl
(fill in missing vowels with the letter ; lptop died nd while witing for
prt, I'm stuck with n old PC with bd keybord nd by now I'm tired of
C&Ping
the letter lol.)

Hahaha! No, I mean, I am sorry about your laptop but this is funny. The
letter
__!