Crane, Gaubster, PhilP

Old September 6th 03, 04:52 AM
Phil P.

"Liz" wrote in message
om...
..because of rumors, innuendo and scare tactics perpertrated by the au
naturel cult fanatics.

Phil, you sound like an old LP record repeating the same words over
and over again...

Could be because au naturel cult fanatics keep repeating the same "the sky
is falling" .scare tactics and innuendo.......

CanĀ“t you find other arguments instead of just
calling people au naturel cult fanatics?

I only call au naturel cult fanatics au naturel cult fanatics....

Nope, I never attacked ethoxyquin because it is also used as a
herbicide and is very toxic. I attacked it because it is a class C
substance (possible carcinogenic)

Possible carcinogenic??? A lot of substances are possible carcinogenics at
excessive doses... Look up selenium in your chemistry set manual...
Ethoxyquin has been shown to suppress the carcinogenic potential of several
compounds and *inhibit* the formation of hepatocellular carcinoma....

Mis-Leading Martin praises Donald Strombeck's naturel diets book but didn't
mention his views on ethoxyquin:
..

"Ethoxyquin is safe as well as effective. There is more than three-Ā*quarters
of a century of study of this chemical. Like almost any chemical if a dog or
cat receives enough, it can be toxic. Ethoxyquin has a very wide range of
safety, however, and the amount added to pet food causes no problems. Its
permitted use as a preservative is 0.015 percent, which is a very low
concentration.

Ethoxyquin, more so than any other antioxidant, has anticancer properties.
It interferes with cancer induction by other chemicals through actions not
dependent on being an antioxidant. Ethoxyquin can bind carcinogenic
chemicals and can bind to enzymes that convert inert chemicals into ones
causing cancer."

Hills doesn't use ethoxyquin anymore so I have no hidden agenda. I'm using
ethoxyquin as an example of a typical au naturel cult scare tactic and innue
ndo...

...because of complaints they received as a result the scare tactics and

rumors perpertrated by the au naturel cults and "natural "breeders...

Oh, so youĀ“re saying they are stupid enough to buy those rumors if

those rumors were really just rumors?

Brilliant, Liz. Really brilliant...No, Liz, the damage caused by the rumors
and scare tactics is what led to the *request* for a reduction... even
though not a single case of ethoxyquin-related illness was *ever* reported
at the lvels allowed....Its called humoring the paranoid and gullible
fanatics....

You only see what you *want* to see.

You see what *isn't* there! I've ask you *many* times to produce a *single*
case of ethoxyquin-re;ated illness in a cat at the recommended levels...
Typical of au naturel fanatical innuendo and scare tactics, you
*failed*...and *failed* and *failed* again to produce a *single* case!

and because I am *sure* fatty liver
disease is caused by these artificial antioxidants

Like you're sure you can dissolve calcium oxalate uroliths in cats with....
*WATER* ???? LOL!!!! Maybe your ridiculous notions are why you're not in
the pharmaceutical industry anymore!!! LOL!!!

pointless remainder snipped

Old September 6th 03, 02:16 PM
Liz

Brilliant, Liz. Really brilliant...No, Liz, the damage caused by the rumors
and scare tactics is what led to the *request* for a reduction... even
though not a single case of ethoxyquin-related illness was *ever* reported
at the lvels allowed....Its called humoring the paranoid and gullible
fanatics....

See what I mean? You only see what you want to see. Did you know, for
example, that fatty liver disease is RARE outside the USA? Did you
also know that the USA was the only country to use ethoxyquin
extensively in dog/cat feeds? For example, feeds manufactured in
Brazil use mostly BHT. Effen, which I believe to be the biggest
manufacturer of small animal feeds, never used ethoxyquin in its
formulas. I believe Purina never used it either. At least I have never
seen any feed produced by those two here in Brazil with eq listed
among the ingredients, and they do list BHT when they use it (they
donĀ“t use BHA here either). Lots of breeders have reported problems
that they believed were caused by eq. Ok, if not by eq., then what
caused those problems? Corn? Rice? Any other ingredient in the food?
You can only state that a problem was never caused by eq if you do a
biopsy and determine that eq did not build up in their systems. But it
does build up (mostly in liver, fat tissues, and mammary tissues) and
it changes the liver chemistry. Now THAT is proven scientifically. I
will go a bit further and make another statement: did you know that
mammary cancer is the number one cause of death among Brazilian women
(I think itĀ“s similar in the USA and almost every other developed
country). The percentage of women with mammary cancer has risen
dramatically over the last two decades. IĀ“m sure you can guess what I
blame it on.... BHT. And mammary tumors are also *extremely* common in
dogs and cats - and not only females.

Like you're sure you can dissolve calcium oxalate uroliths in cats with....
*WATER* ???? LOL!!!! Maybe your ridiculous notions are why you're not in
the pharmaceutical industry anymore!!! LOL!!!

No Phil. I just changed sides. I got sick of the Machiavellic money
making strategies. Hey, wake up. Do you know how much your life is
worth? ItĀ“s worth what you have in your pocket. Same holds for your
pets. Wake up to the real world Phil.

Old September 6th 03, 02:49 PM
Liz

That's not exactly a complete history of the subject. The reason most pet food
companies are avoiding ethoxyquin is because it's been given a bad rap. In
fact, did you know that vitamin e itself is preserved (in a lot of instances)
w/ ethoyxquin? The same people that freak out over ethoxyquin don't have a
problem w/ foods "preserved w/ vitamin e"--when in fact those foods may have
just as much ethoxyquin!

Ok, lets talk about concentration and half life. Suppose you feed your
cat 100g of food containing 75ppm of eq. ThatĀ“s 75ppm of 100g which
gives you 7.5mg of eq daily. Suppose now that you give your cat a
daily tablet of vitamin E at 400mg preserved with eq at 75ppm (not
needed because vitamin E capsules are protected from oxygen by their
gelly shells). That would be 30 micrograms of eq, that is, 250 times
less than that same eq in the food. I do not know the half life of eq
but suppose most cats can eliminate 5mg/day. They would have eq build
up in their systems when fed eq but not when given vitamin E tablets
preserved with eq. I did not use a sci calculator for the math so I
hope the numbers are right but they shouldnĀ“t be too off. One thing is
fact and proven: eq does build up in the liver of animals fed feeds
containing eq. Fatty liver disease *only* occurs in chicken fed
commercial feeds.

Oh, I see. You hate President Bush.

ItĀ“s not about Bush, itĀ“s about hypocrisy. Any other money-oriented
politician (or person) would do the same.

Are you against vaccines? They have made our world much safer, yet I suppose
you are one to only look at the few negatives.

Yes and no. Some vaccines are reasonable. Other vaccines are
unreasonable. If thereĀ“s a greater chance to get a side effect from a
vaccine than to get the disease itself, IĀ“d rather not take the
vaccine. If the disease is not life-threatening, IĀ“d not take the
vaccine. In my childhood I had nearly all childhood diseases you can
name: measles, mumps, chicken pox, whooping cough, etc. I was only
vaccinated against small pox and polio. I was not vaccinated against
rubeola and still havenĀ“t had it. I know the vaccine exists but IĀ“d
rather have the disease. I never had a flu and if I had three colds in
the last 20 years it was too much. Our immune system learns through
exposure. The more you protect yourself, the more fragile you become.
I never had an infection either, never took antibiotics.

Why did you get out?

Got sick of the money-oriented mentality.

Old September 6th 03, 02:55 PM
Liz

Liz, there have been a number of documents, under the FOIA, that
various government agencies have refused to release. Legal action has
been taken in a number of cases in order to obtain these records. At
the present time I have retained an attorney in order to get any and
all documentation related to the pentobarbital and DNA study the
FDA/CVM has undertaken. You have to wonder if all is above board what
are they hiding.

Ann

The FDA and any such agency is there to protect the population.
Withholding this kind of information from the public should be
considered a crime. A long time ago I managed to access their file on
eq via ftp and that was a nasty file. Phil should send a letter to the
FDA asking for their file on ethoxyquin and IĀ“m sure heĀ“ll change his
mind. Some time later I tried to access another file via ftp and they
closed the backdoor. So they ARE hiding things that should be
available to everyone.

Old September 6th 03, 03:09 PM
Liz

Is that why the FDA is constantly refusing to approve drugs and why they
pull drugs off the market?

Because these drugs are getting in the way of the patented drugs.
Tryptophan, a naturally occuring amino acid, is as effective against
depression as prozac or any other anti-depressant drug. Tryptophan is
the precursor of serotonin. When serotonin levels in your brain are
low, you become depressive. Tryptophan has no side effects whatsoever
but cannot be patented because itĀ“s a naturally occuring substance.
Prozac and other antidepressants have numerous side effects but are
patented so a lot of money can be made selling them. Tryptophan was
taken out of the market because people were getting sick. There was an
investigation to see what was making people sick and they found that
the tryptophan that was being imported from Japan was contaminated
with something that I canĀ“t recall, and this is what was causing
disease. Yet they prohibited sales of all tryptophan, including those
that were being produced in the USA and that were not contaminated.
Why? So that Prozac etc. didnĀ“t have to compete with a cheap natural
unpatented substance. Have you seen the last ridiculous move of the
FDA? They want to prohibit sales of vitamins and other natural
substances. Is that absurd or what? Brazil loves immitating USAĀ“s
every move. I hope our government doesnĀ“t do the same here.

Old September 6th 03, 03:41 PM
PawsForThought

From: (Liz)

[...]

I've never heard of Eq in Vitamin E, and wonder why they would do that since
Vitamin E IS a preservative. I know the Vitamin E I use absolutely does not
have Eq in it.

As far as build up of Eq, what you say makes sense. Afterall, we know cats
don't metabolize as efficiently as other species. Why take a chance of having
something like Eq build up in your cat's body when you can feed foods that
don't have it?

Lauren
________
See my cats: