Nostalgic tonight and sad

Old December 25th 03, 02:12 AM
Cheryl

Default Nostalgic tonight and sad

As I spend Christmas eve alone after bailing on a church service I've been
looking forward to, I have been looking through old pictures and things
from Eric's funeral. "The room" that I rarely enter. I wanted to share a
poem/story with you that was written by my ex husband's sister after Eric
died. Tonight is the worst I've felt in a while. After he died I was just
numb. His birthday was hard, but somehow Christmas reminds me of all of
the family history and years and years of goofy Christmas mornings. The
two dinners he was forced to go through at family holidays after his dad
and I divorced and how he expressed his over-indulgence of food with loud,
stinky farts.

Written by his aunt Toni

Being an aunt at age three
Made you more like a brother to me
Taken away at such a young age
Made me sit and write this page

Saturday 1/25/03 was such a cold day
That was when you were taken away
Taken to a much better place afar
Placed in the sky, another bright star

Your dream was to be a famous musician
Then you and your friends formed the band called Envision
In that band you played the guitar
The next step was to become a rock star

That star to me, you'll always be
Up in Heaven watching over friends and family
But now you are only in our dreams
As we keep all those loving memories

When I was in Grade K your mother babysat me
And when you learned to spell, all you'd say was E-R-I-C
When we went to Cali and rode the parachutes over and over again,
You were about 6 years old, and I think I was 10

Remember waiting for the bus when we went to St Augustines
And it was me who babysat you back then
Those are some of the memories I have of you
And that was only saying a few

But now you're in paradise
And another bright star to shine at night
I'll miss you, but go now my dear
God is waiting for you up there

--
Cheryl

God bless you my Eric, I miss you so bad it hurts more each day. Merry
Christmas in Heaven
Old December 25th 03, 03:12 AM
Annie Wxill

"Cheryl" wrote in message
As I spend Christmas eve alone after bailing on a church service I've been
looking forward to, I have been looking through old pictures and things
from Eric's funeral. ... Cheryl

Cheryl,
You are not alone. We can't be with you physically but we are all with you
anyway. Thank you for sharing some of your treasured memories. I hope you
find peace this holiday season.
Annie

Old December 25th 03, 03:38 AM
Nan

On 25 Dec 2003 02:12:36 GMT, Cheryl
wrote:

[...]

That is a beautiful tribute, Cheryl. I just wanted to let you know
that you aren't alone. I've never lost a child, but I have lost a
husband of 45 years and an infant grandson, plus both of my parents.
I know how hard the holidays can be when you are alone. It's easy for
people to say that you need to get on with your life and not dwell on
the past, but you and I both know that this is not the easiest thing
in the world to do.

Love and hugs,

Nan

Old December 25th 03, 03:40 AM
m. L. Briggs

wrote:

[...]

My thoughts and good wishes are with you to find peace and
contentmentthis Christmas and in the New Year,

There is a little poem -- can;t remember it exactly, but it is
something like this:

"We are born for a higher destiny than that of earth.
There is a realm where the sun ever shines
And the beings that pass before us like shadows
Will stay in our presence forever."

(author unknown).

PEACE!
Old December 25th 03, 04:58 AM
Hopitus2

Dear Cheryl,
It is hard to be alone tonight and tomorrow; it is good, though, I think,
for you to remember your son by viewing the pictures and things, but why not
look through what you have accumulated from his life....not just his funeral
relics. We live on in the memories of those who knew and loved us; as long
as I can see in my mind the faces of those loved ones I've lost and remember
when they were with me, they are not truly gone without a trace. The
holidays, however, are the worst times of missing them. (((((((((((
Cheryl )))))))))) hugs from Hopitus and the Evil 3 here send purrs of
friendly comfort and meatloaf meditations for Eric.

"Cheryl" wrote in message
: As I spend Christmas eve alone after bailing on a church service I've been
: looking forward to, I have been looking through old pictures and things
: from Eric's funeral. "The room" that I rarely enter. I wanted to share a
: poem/story with you that was written by my ex husband's sister after Eric
: died. Tonight is the worst I've felt in a while. After he died I was just
: numb. His birthday was hard, but somehow Christmas reminds me of all of
: the family history and years and years of goofy Christmas mornings. The
: two dinners he was forced to go through at family holidays after his dad
: and I divorced and how he expressed his over-indulgence of food with loud,
: stinky farts.
:
: Written by his aunt Toni
:
[...]
: --
: Cheryl
:

Old December 25th 03, 07:04 AM
LOL

Cheryl wrote in message ...
[...]

Cheryl, nothing we can say could possibly make you feel any better,
but please know you are in our thoughts and prayers, and we send you
purrs for a peaceful holiday.

------
Krista
Old December 25th 03, 08:29 AM
Yoj

((((((((Cheryl))))))))

I can't imagine anything worse than losing a child.

Joy

Old December 25th 03, 11:05 AM
polonca12000

Dear Cheryl,
I do so wish there was some way I could take away some of the pain you are
feeling. Are there any friends or family members you can be with so you
wouldn't be so alone? We cannot be with you in person, but you are in our
thoughts.
I'm sending you lots of gentle hugs and Soncek sends his most soothing purrs
just for you,
--
Polonca & Soncek

"Cheryl" wrote in message
As I spend Christmas eve alone after bailing on a church service I've been
looking forward to, I have been looking through old pictures and things
from Eric's funeral. snip

Old December 25th 03, 02:05 PM
Jeanette

Cheryl wrote in message
As I spend Christmas eve alone after bailing on a church service I've been
looking forward to, I have been looking through old pictures and things
from Eric's funeral. "The room" that I rarely enter. I wanted to share a
poem/story with you that was written by my ex husband's sister after Eric
died.

Cheryl, that's such a lovely poem. I know it's hard, but you DO have people
thinking about you.

Even though each day seems hard, it will get better eventually. It's said so
often that it seems trite, but it IS true that time heals. Spend your day
with the memory of your son, and all the happy years you had with him.

With love and hugs

Jeanette

Old December 25th 03, 06:03 PM
Ginger-lyn Summer

{{{{Cheryl}}}}}

May peace find its way to your heart, and may the memories each day
become less paiinful and more joyous.

Blessings,

Ginger-lyn