Purrs please...Omar (and Celeste) TW)

Old November 18th 05, 06:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Purrs please...Omar (and Celeste) TW)

Omar, my poor little orange guy is not doing well at all. Was back at the
vet's this a.m. with him thinking this was it; he has been getting steadily
thinner and looking less well since the past weekend. He wouldn't eat last
night or this morning. My best friend Kristin met me there and she and I and
my vet all discussed what to do. Omar apparently was quite dehydrated (I
didn't pick up on it because he's so very thin now). So we're going to try
and rehydrate him, check his electrolyte levels (he got both prednisone
shots this past weekend) and see if he needed any additional prednisone .
It has occurred to us that Omar may have other unknown health problems that
we don't know about (maybe cancer?) but I just can't bring myself to subject
him to anything too invasive at this point when he is already feeling so
badly.

I told my daughter Celeste this a.m. before I took her to school that Omar
was just looking very badly and I was taking him in this morning. She asked
me if I thought Omar was going to make it to the end of the year and I told
her I thought it was very possible he would not. How could I tell her that
I thought he might not make it to the end of this day...so please, if you
can, send purrs for them both to have the chance to be with each other a
little while longer.

Will let you all know when I know more.
Sorry, I know this is a sad post. It's just so hard.
Christine

Old November 18th 05, 06:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

My thoughts are with you, your daughter and espcecially Omar

helen s

Old November 18th 05, 06:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Christine Burel" wrote in message
[...]

Sending the best purrs we have for Omar. Please keep us updated.

Tweed

Old November 18th 05, 07:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Purrs for Omar.

On 2005-11-18, Christine Burel penned:

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Old November 18th 05, 07:25 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Christine Burel" wrote in message

Omar, my poor little orange guy is not doing well at all. Was back at the
vet's this a.m. with him thinking this was it; he has been getting steadily
thinner and looking less well since the past weekend. He wouldn't eat last
night or this morning.///

Many, many purrs and prayers.

Helen M

Old November 18th 05, 07:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Christine Burel" wrote
Omar, my poor little orange guy is not doing well at all.

So sorry to learn this. Purrs that he & Celeste can manage some quality
time together

Gordon & the FF

Old November 18th 05, 08:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Christine Burel wrote:

Will let you all know when I know more.
Sorry, I know this is a sad post. It's just so hard.

Don't apologize. This is what we're here for. Many purrs coming over for
you all, and sincerest hopes that Omar will still be with you a long time.

--
Marina, Frank, Miranda and Caliban. In loving memory of Nikki.
marina (dot) kurten (at) iki (dot) fi
Old November 18th 05, 08:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

[...]

Warm and fuzzy purrs for Omar to be well enough to enjoy the holidays with
his family. Hugs and prayers for Christine and Celeste to accept what the
next couple of weeks bring, hopefully it will bring the joy of Omar home and
happy with you all.
Charleen

Old November 18th 05, 08:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

[...]

Purrs are on their way!

Hugs,

CatNipped