The Whisker Jar

Old March 17th 06, 07:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default The Whisker Jar

On 2006-03-17, Monique Y. Mudama penned:

Neat! I wish the pictures were a bit bigger. At that price, I want
to be sure it's what I want!

Nevermind; I now see the "enlarge" link!

I'm with you on the price which is why I only have two of them. I love
the feel of pottery in my hand. When I buy pottery I'll hold it in my
hand to get an idea of how it affects me. Highly glazed pottery is like
glass, it holds little appeal, but unglazed pottery is warm and
relaxing. Saying that reminded me of a story Dave Y once told of looking
for crystals and holding them to feel their warmth. That's how I
approach pottery. I have several pottery coffee mugs that I use on the
weekends and just holding them removes the tension in my body. I know,
strange...maybe that's why I have a crack cat.

Julie

Old March 17th 06, 08:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 2006-03-17, Julie Cook penned:

I'm with you on the price which is why I only have two of them. I
love the feel of pottery in my hand. When I buy pottery I'll hold it
in my hand to get an idea of how it affects me. Highly glazed
pottery is like glass, it holds little appeal, but unglazed pottery
is warm and relaxing. Saying that reminded me of a story Dave Y once
told of looking for crystals and holding them to feel their warmth.
That's how I approach pottery. I have several pottery coffee mugs
that I use on the weekends and just holding them removes the tension
in my body. I know, strange...maybe that's why I have a crack cat.

I dunno; it makes sense to me!

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Old March 18th 06, 02:46 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Julie Cook" wrote in message

And since I'm sharing pictures of various cat art I want to show you what
DH gave me for Valentine's Day. He thought I'd like this much better than
flowers. He was right. I couldn't get a decent picture with it turned on
but when the bulb is lit the body is a soft pink.

http://tinyurl.com/qkqb5

LOL, I have one like it! Rob bought it for me as an I Love You gift a few
years back. It stands in a place of pride on a book case in the living
room.

Pam S. who LOVES the whiskers jars too

Old March 18th 06, 03:30 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Fri 17 Mar 2006 10:07:30a, Julie Cook wrote in
rec.pets.cats.anecdotes ):

http://tinyurl.com/qkqb5

Thoughtful hubby! I loved all the pics, and the whisker jar is very
sweet.

--
Cheryl
Old March 18th 06, 05:39 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

When the vet was looking at Jake this morning, he found a whisker that Jake
dropped. I said, "oh, they are good luck and took it and tucked it into my
wallet. First time he had heard that from anyone other than his daughter.
She has a collection too.

Jo

"Julie Cook" wrote in message
I was asked about my whisker jar recently. I keep cat whiskers because I
very rarely find them and consider it a good omen when I do. I seem to
remember that several of us here keep whiskers when we find them. When I
started this however, the question was what to keep them in. I live just
outside a village that supports tourists who visit Stone Mountain and one
of the stores sells pottery by local artists. One day while visiting I
found the perfect whisker jar. Someday it will be the perfect 'remains' jar
but fortunately that day hasn't arrived yet. I have two of these jars - one
tabby and one solid. Pictures of my whisker jars can be seen at:

http://tinyurl.com/pvx2u
http://tinyurl.com/qcjhe
http://tinyurl.com/prboy
http://tinyurl.com/qurar
http://tinyurl.com/pk2x9

This past fall I found the coolest christmas ornaments I've ever seen.
Even the ears on these cuties are glass. I actually managed to get three
of these to Australia without breaking them!

http://tinyurl.com/p8lt5
http://tinyurl.com/qbmef
http://tinyurl.com/ofmah

Old March 18th 06, 01:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

I also collect whiskers but I use a small glass jar so I can see them.
I also collect claw sheaths in a jar. Yesterday, I dumped them out to
take a picture of them:

http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/View...e=0&re s=high

---MIKE---
In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
(44° 15' N - Elevation 1580')

Old March 18th 06, 06:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Sat, 18 Mar 2006 07:54:24 -0500, ---MIKE--- wrote:

I also collect whiskers but I use a small glass jar so I can see them.
I also collect claw sheaths in a jar. Yesterday, I dumped them out to
take a picture of them:

http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/View...e=0&re s=high

---MIKE---
In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
(44° 15' N - Elevation 1580')

How many cats and how many years did it take to accumulate that pile? MLB
Old March 18th 06, 07:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Fri, 17 Mar 2006 10:07:30 -0500, Julie Cook
wrote:

[...]

Really cool stuff!

I still keep my whiskers (err, my *cats'* whiskers, that is) in an
Altoid's tin, since somebody here first mentioned that (forget who).
I do have a little metal box with a cute kitty on top that I keep claw
sheaths they shed in.

Ginger-lyn

Home Pages:
http://www.moonsummer.com
Animals in Movies Website)
Old March 18th 06, 09:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

You're right, those make perfect whisker jars! I have always kept the
whiskers I found but don't have them in anything special. We have an
incredibly artsy community so I think I must keep my eyes open for
something cool at one the local art fairs. Love the xmas kitty! That
was some packing job I'll bet. Nice pics and CATalog. PatM