Babysitting for Serene's babies

Old December 2nd 13, 06:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
dgk

Default Babysitting for Serene's babies

My neighbor is off on vacation for 10 days and I'm over at their house
before leaving for work and after coming home, to feed, entertain, and
clean the litterboxes. Six cats. Gizmo is the troublemaker; he's sort
of tan and grey, always knocking things over. Bluebell is a boy with
very long white fur and one blue eye and one brown one. Persian sort
of face. Very odd looking but quite sweet. I've tried brushing him but
it's a full time occupation.

Callie lives on top of the refrigerator since the other cats pick on
her. She has a pretty large sore on her back that apparently started
as a scratch from one of the other cats and she keeps scratching at
it. I might end up taking her to the vet. She is also quite sweet but
can swipe at you with very little warning.

Raven is an almost pure black DSH, and the most fearless of the group.
She is always up for being petted and held. Her sister Baby is one of
the outside cats and is also quite sweet. Baby lives in a heated cat
house that I built for her by my front door. I'd take her in but she
hangs out with her mother Jet and I'd hate to leave Jet all alone. And
Baby likes it outside although I still may make the offer.

As for the other two, Dusty is a big long haired gray boy, and very
skittish. I haven't seen him since I've been sitting, but I didn't see
him the last time I babysat so I'm sure he's just hiding somewhere.
The apartment is very small but cats can hide in just about any place.

The last cat is a very strange looking black girl, long haired and the
fluffyest tail I have ever seen. She also has that lynx-like facial
hair so she is quite exotic looking. But I haven't seen her either
since I started sitting.

Quite a handful but it's always interesting hanging out with different
cats.

Old December 2nd 13, 07:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 12/2/2013 1:54 PM, dgk wrote:

[...]

Wow! Got a camera? I'd love to see pics of them.

Jill
Old December 2nd 13, 07:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

jmcquown wrote:

On 12/2/2013 1:54 PM, dgk wrote:

My neighbor is off on vacation for 10 days and I'm over at their house
before leaving for work and after coming home, to feed, entertain, and
clean the litterboxes. Six cats... [snip]

Wow! Got a camera? I'd love to see pics of them.

My thoughts exactly.

--
Joyce

Whenever you feel anger, you should say, "May I be free of this
anger!" This rarely works, but talking to yourself in public will
encourage others to leave you alone.
Old December 6th 13, 02:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
dgk

On Mon, 02 Dec 2013 14:07:51 -0500, jmcquown
wrote:

On 12/2/2013 1:54 PM, dgk wrote:

[...]

A reasonable request but my Blackberry takes some awful pictures.
Still, the one with Bluebell is priceless. I hope this works:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/27610982@N03/sets/

I tried to organize them into a set called Neighbor's Cats.
Old December 6th 13, 05:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jack Campin

dgk wrote:
A reasonable request but my Blackberry takes some awful pictures.
Still, the one with Bluebell is priceless. I hope this works:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/27610982@N03/sets/

I tried to organize them into a set called Neighbor's Cats.

You haven't been feeding Bluebell after midnight, have you?

Old December 9th 13, 03:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
dgk

dgk wrote:
A reasonable request but my Blackberry takes some awful pictures.
Still, the one with Bluebell is priceless. I hope this works:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/27610982@N03/sets/

I tried to organize them into a set called Neighbor's Cats.

You haven't been feeding Bluebell after midnight, have you?

LOL

Jill

I couldn't get him to let me clean those eyes. He is astonishingly
friendly , but running a moist washcloth over his eyes is asking a
lot. That is quite a cat though.
Old December 10th 13, 01:55 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

dgk wrote:
A reasonable request but my Blackberry takes some awful pictures.
Still, the one with Bluebell is priceless. I hope this works:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/27610982@N03/sets/

I tried to organize them into a set called Neighbor's Cats.

You haven't been feeding Bluebell after midnight, have you?

LOL

Jill

I couldn't get him to let me clean those eyes. He is astonishingly
friendly , but running a moist washcloth over his eyes is asking a
lot. That is quite a cat though.

I applaud your attempt. He *is* a beauty! They all are. Thanks for
the pics.

Jill

more new babies ElvisRocks Cat health & behaviour 3 May 22nd 05 04:54 PM
Babies? What babies? I haven't seen any babies.... RobZip Cat health & behaviour 77 June 29th 04 01:32 AM
my babies tracy Cat anecdotes 50 May 23rd 04 03:09 AM
Adventures in Babysitting Part II, By Sammy Steve Touchstone Cat anecdotes 1 December 16th 03 05:33 PM
Adventures in Babysitting By Sammy Steve Touchstone Cat anecdotes 2 December 8th 03 09:33 PM