Sammy bath

Old December 3rd 13, 01:17 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cheryl[_3_]

Default Sammy bath

I don't like to give cats baths because they do a good job of it
themselves. But Sammy got some diarrhea from something, probably more
changing food even though I try to do it slowly. He used to only eat
dry Purina cat chow. He did well on it so I was slow to want to switch.
He was also an outdoor cat so he had more to do to burn off calories.

He got a big blob of diarrhea on his bottom and I wasn't able to pick it
off becuase he screamed at me Tongith I decided to run him a warm bath.
Used the blow dryer on low to mostly dry him but he wouldn't let me
dry his marvelous tail so he's left to take care of himself with that.
I turned up the heat in the house and I'm sweating, so as soon as he's
dry, it has to go back down. At least the poop blob is gone

--
CAPSLOCK–Preventing Login Since 1980.
Old December 3rd 13, 01:42 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Cheryl" wrote in message
eb.com...
I don't like to give cats baths because they do a good job of it
themselves. But Sammy got some diarrhea from something, probably more
changing food even though I try to do it slowly. He used to only eat dry
Purina cat chow. He did well on it so I was slow to want to switch. He was
also an outdoor cat so he had more to do to burn off calories.

He got a big blob of diarrhea on his bottom and I wasn't able to pick it
off becuase he screamed at me Tongith I decided to run him a warm bath.
Used the blow dryer on low to mostly dry him but he wouldn't let me dry
his marvelous tail so he's left to take care of himself with that. I
turned up the heat in the house and I'm sweating, so as soon as he's dry,
it has to go back down. At least the poop blob is gone

You did good.

Old December 5th 13, 04:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
dgk

On Tue, 3 Dec 2013 01:42:39 -0000, "Christina Websell"
wrote:

"Cheryl" wrote in message
web.com...
I don't like to give cats baths because they do a good job of it
themselves. But Sammy got some diarrhea from something, probably more
changing food even though I try to do it slowly. He used to only eat dry
Purina cat chow. He did well on it so I was slow to want to switch. He was
also an outdoor cat so he had more to do to burn off calories.

He got a big blob of diarrhea on his bottom and I wasn't able to pick it
off becuase he screamed at me Tongith I decided to run him a warm bath.
Used the blow dryer on low to mostly dry him but he wouldn't let me dry
his marvelous tail so he's left to take care of himself with that. I
turned up the heat in the house and I'm sweating, so as soon as he's dry,
it has to go back down. At least the poop blob is gone

You did good.

Yes, tough love. Tough to clean anyway.
Old December 5th 13, 09:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 12/2/2013 8:17 PM, Cheryl wrote:
I don't like to give cats baths because they do a good job of it
themselves. But Sammy got some diarrhea from something, probably more
changing food even though I try to do it slowly. He used to only eat
dry Purina cat chow. He did well on it so I was slow to want to switch.
He was also an outdoor cat so he had more to do to burn off calories.

He got a big blob of diarrhea on his bottom and I wasn't able to pick it
off becuase he screamed at me Tongith I decided to run him a warm bath.
Used the blow dryer on low to mostly dry him but he wouldn't let me
dry his marvelous tail so he's left to take care of himself with that. I
turned up the heat in the house and I'm sweating, so as soon as he's
dry, it has to go back down. At least the poop blob is gone

Good job! Sometimes it has to be done. Hopefully the diarrhea has
cleared up.

Persia gets so upset going to the vet she throws up in her carrier and
it gets all over her fur. This is why I've switched to house-calls. It
costs more but I can't bear the thought of her being so upset. Then
upset even more when we get home and I have to give her a bath.

Jill

MH and a bath Stormmee Cat anecdotes 0 February 16th 10 11:22 PM
Cat Peeing On Bath Rug? AR[_2_] Cat health & behaviour 4 January 30th 08 07:51 PM
Another bath! W. Leong Cat community 1 April 12th 06 11:26 PM
Billy's First Bath Pat Cat anecdotes 8 November 6th 05 08:42 PM
My Bath Gizela Cat anecdotes 2 December 18th 03 07:17 AM