Jackie mixing in a bit

Old May 16th 04, 01:26 PM
dgk

Default Jackie mixing in a bit

It hasn't been easy getting Jackie accepted by Espy and Nipsy. I let
her roam around late Friday afternoon and the boys were still not
happy about it. I was worried about leaving even for two hours since
she is all of five pounds and old and sick. But Espy came up to her
and hissed. She hauled off and punched him in the kisser. Just stuck
out a paw and whacked him! Espy kind of backed off and lay down and
Jackie started cleaning herself.

So I figured that she can handle herself and I left her out and all
was ok when I came back. Things are by no means great though. The
house is small and the hallway is narrow and things get a bit tight
and they don't like being close yet. She tried to sleep on top of me
most of the night. I'm going to have to do something about those
claws. I did manage to get her to sleep on a pillow rather than my
head!

I had to keep her in her own room last night (Saturday) because it was
difficult to get the antibiotic into her unless I get it into her on
the first feeding and keep her isolated from the boys.

Any suggestions for making this introduction easier are welcome. I
guess that not having big fights is a plus but I am hoping for
something a bit more friendly.

On the medical side, her diarrhea has gotten worse. I'm hoping that it
is just the stress of moving in along with the antibiotic. Plus I did
give her lots of food yesterday, probably more than she can handle. I
just hope she doesn't have IBD. I don't think I can handle that again.
Old May 16th 04, 04:32 PM
Karen Chuplis

in article , dgk at
wrote on 5/16/04 7:26 AM:

[...]

Time is your friend. And Feliway helps. It sounds like it is going well for
such a short time. I found that in narrow hallways, if there was some light
it helped for some reason. Keep us posted.

Old May 18th 04, 01:30 AM
James Marz

dgk wrote in message . ..
[...]

Cut Jackie up in little pieces and make some soup. Don't forget to add celery.

Old May 18th 04, 04:46 AM
MacCandace

Hope the Feliway helps.

Although I've heard Feliway can take a month or so to kick in. Isn't that
correct? I've never used it (although I'm thinking of it now).

Candace
(take the litter out before replying by e-mail)

See my cats:
http://photos.yahoo.com/maccandace

"One does not meet oneself until one catches the reflection from an eye other
than human." (Loren Eisely)