Cats Suddenly Picky About Food

Old April 15th 06, 07:13 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Default Cats Suddenly Picky About Food

"noone" wrote in message
et...

"cybercat" wrote in message
om...
Sure, I could force her to get hungry enough to eat
anything,

So it DOES work, huh? Thank you. That's what I'm going to do then.

Why? Not for meanness

Sure it is. Find them homes. Asshole.

Old April 15th 06, 07:57 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

"noone" wrote in message
et...

"cybercat" wrote in message
om...
Sure, I could force her to get hungry enough to eat
anything,

So it DOES work, huh? Thank you. That's what I'm going to do then.

Why? Not for meanness, but because they always had been just fine with dry
until just recently, and it's not called for. I don't mind indulging them
with a little "treat" every now & then, that's fine--but not if it turns
them into picky little snobs, in that case the treats are abolished.

No, No, No, No, No................. Cat's metabolisms are not like dogs.
If a cat goes too long without eating anything (4-5 days) their liver can
start shutting down. Believe me some cats are stubborn enough to do that
if they don't get their favorite food. (Dogs in the wild share prey
animals with the pack - may go quite a while without eating, then get a big
big meal.)

So, like it or not, as a cat owner you do need to find a food they enjoy and
eat consistently. I've found that the smellier the food is, the better mine
seem to like it.

If you want to treat your cats like dogs, you really would be better
letting someone else take care of them.

-- maryjane

whose cat almost died of liver failure

Old April 15th 06, 10:38 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Troll

From: "cybercat" boagrrl hotmail.com
Newsgroups: rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Subject: Cats Suddenly Picky About Food
Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2006 01:13:51 -0500

"noone" noone email.com wrote in message
news:1%_%f.15985$tN3.3318 newssvr27.news.prodigy.net...

news:44405675$0$14472$6d36acad titian.nntpserver.com...

Old April 15th 06, 03:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

wrote in message
. com...

"noone" wrote in message
et...

"cybercat" wrote in message
[...]

Good points, all. I never meant to suggest this as a way to get
her cats to eat that cheap disgusting food she wants to pawn
off on them, but of course you, and she, both know that.

Old April 15th 06, 03:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

"D." wrote in message
ink.net...
In article ,
"noone" wrote:

"cybercat" wrote in message
om...
Sure, I could force her to get hungry enough to eat
anything,

So it DOES work, huh? Thank you. That's what I'm going to do then.

Why? Not for meanness, but because they always had been just fine with

dry
until just recently, and it's not called for. I don't mind indulging

them
with a little "treat" every now & then, that's fine--but not if it turns
them into picky little snobs, in that case the treats are abolished.

This sounds suspiciously like a "regular" here who likes to think he's
in "control."

--

Right!! Lawrence somebody? Or Larry? I know exactly who
you mean. What a loser. Whether or not this is him/her, it's

Old April 15th 06, 03:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

"John Doe"

Being an idiot again I see

Old April 15th 06, 03:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

"D." wrote :

Yes, but I wouldn't suspect whomever it is of telling the truth, either.
Same story, different setting. Yanking chains.

Yep. Let's get a rise out of the stupid cat people by saying
"I have a cat, I am not a cat lover, why can't I get him to eat
cheap **** food that is not good for him," hahaha. Ugh.

Old April 15th 06, 04:02 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

"D." wrote in message
news
In article , "cybercat"
wrote:

"D." wrote :

Yes, but I wouldn't suspect whomever it is of telling the truth,

either.
Same story, different setting. Yanking chains.

Yep. Let's get a rise out of the stupid cat people by saying
"I have a cat, I am not a cat lover, why can't I get him to eat
cheap **** food that is not good for him," hahaha. Ugh.

It's more of, "I will bend my cats to my all-powerful will." Oh, so
impressive.

And then the cats wait until asshole is out and pee
all over is stuff. Poop in his shoes. Heh. That's one
of the things I love about cats. Successful guerilla
warfare.

Old April 15th 06, 05:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

noone wrote:

No problem, so long as they do eat ALL of it not just the soft. As I said to
another (although I was more snide with them, maybe shouldn't been), I don't
mind endulging them a little "treat" every now & then, especially with
Family Dollar selling one brand (don't recall what it was, but the cats
liked it) for only 25c a can. I just don't want them turning their nose up
at what they were OK with before.

If you can afford better than food from Family Dollar, it would be in
the cats' best interest, and yours. A cat fed a better quality food
will be healthier, which equals less vet visits, which equals more
money in your pocket ultimately. Secondly, cats are obligate
carnivores, and if you think about it, dry food is not appropriate for
them. Better for them and their health (and utlimately your
pocketbook) to feed them a canned diet.

Old April 15th 06, 06:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

noone wrote:
just doesn't make sense.

LOL

LOL