Webby Award for CuteOverload!

Old May 2nd 07, 02:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana

Default Webby Award for CuteOverload!

W00t! My favorite blog won a Webby award!
http://www.webbyawards.com/webbys/cu...by_entry_weird

Of course it's in the "Weird" category, but if a daily diet of
cuteness is weird, I don't want to be-- not weird. :P

I consider CO in the same essential, sanity-saving category as RPCA.
I need my fix every day.

BTW, two INSANELY KF-inducing leetle tuxedo bitties are featured
today:
www.cuteoverload.com

Theresa

Make Levees, Not War
Old May 2nd 07, 07:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Kreisleriana wrote:

BTW, two INSANELY KF-inducing leetle tuxedo bitties are featured
today:
www.cuteoverload.com

I like the Scottish fold kitten in the teacup! Or, rather:

SCOTTEESHFOLDKITTEHOMGPONIES!!

(What's with "ponies", anyway? LOL)

Joyce
Old May 2nd 07, 08:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana

On 02 May 2007 18:49:06 GMT, yodeled:

Kreisleriana wrote:

BTW, two INSANELY KF-inducing leetle tuxedo bitties are featured
today:
www.cuteoverload.com

I like the Scottish fold kitten in the teacup! Or, rather:

SCOTTEESHFOLDKITTEHOMGPONIES!!

(What's with "ponies", anyway? LOL)

Joyce

That's just Meg-ese. Part of the fun of CO is Meg's creative use of
language. OMG PONIES!!11!! LOL OMG!!1 seems to her like something a
squealy young girl might write on the net. And when she puts a pic of
a pony (or a horse) on the blog, she and the various commentators
always post an OMG PONIES!!1!!

In fact, there's even an OMG PONIES bumper sticker.

Theresa

Make Levees, Not War
Old May 2nd 07, 09:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Kreisleriana wrote:

That's just Meg-ese. Part of the fun of CO is Meg's creative use of
language. OMG PONIES!!11!! LOL OMG!!1 seems to her like something a
squealy young girl might write on the net.

I thought she *was* a squealy young girl. (As well as almost everyone
who comments, along with the squealy young boys. )

I can't decide whether I'm amused or annoyed by the "creativity" with
language. And I'm curious where some things come from, such as "kitteh" -
maybe meant to be a typo? Or is it a pronunciation thing?

I like the "1's" in among the string of exclamation points. A bit of a
1337 reference, maybe? Or maybe just the idea of someone so excited
and overcome by the cuteness that she can't hold down the shift key?

And when she puts a pic of
a pony (or a horse) on the blog, she and the various commentators
always post an OMG PONIES!!1!!

In fact, there's even an OMG PONIES bumper sticker.

That's cute!

By the way, what's "zOMG"? What does the z stand for?

OK, so I'm a square old fart. Somebody has to be excluded from the in
crowd, right? Or there wouldn't be an in crowd!

Joyce
Old May 5th 07, 07:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Kreisleriana wrote:

You don't think 1's look like exclamation points?

I do think that the shift key theory seems reasonable in this case.
But I am also old enough to remember b1ff!

By coincidence, yesterday a friend of mine sent me a link to an article
about various kinds of netspeak, and the writer had this to say about
1337speak and exclamation points:

High-End Example: p43ar my l337 sk11lz0rz!!!1!!1
Translation: You should be fearful of my powerful computer hacking
abilities.
Fear = p43ar; elite = l337; skill = sk11lz0rz.

Notice also the exclamation points include intentional errors simulating
the furious smashing of the 1 key while holding shift to get the ! symbol.
Someone really going crazy on the !!!!! often misses a shift press in
there somewhere.

So it seems that, at least according to this guy, both factors are at
work.

The article also discusses the "lolcats" phenomenon, which we're all
familiar with even if we don't all know that term (I didn't) - it's the
pictures of cats with "IM IN UR X Ying UR Z" on them.

Read mo
http://www.zerosummind.com/2007/05/l337-katz0rz.html

Joyce
Old May 5th 07, 08:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana

On 05 May 2007 18:50:57 GMT, yodeled:

Kreisleriana wrote:

[...]

I 3 lolcats!!! LOL!

Theresa

Make Levees, Not War
Old May 5th 07, 10:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
polonca12000

Kreisleriana wrote:

W00t! My favorite blog won a Webby award!
http://www.webbyawards.com/webbys/cu...by_entry_weird

Of course it's in the "Weird" category, but if a daily diet of
cuteness is weird, I don't want to be-- not weird. :P

I consider CO in the same essential, sanity-saving category as RPCA.
I need my fix every day.

BTW, two INSANELY KF-inducing leetle tuxedo bitties are featured
today:
www.cuteoverload.com

Theresa

Make Levees, Not War

I'm so glad CuteOverload won, they really deserved it! But I have no
idea what about it is weird.
Best wishes,
Polonca and Soncek

Get A Powpets Award for Your website! meowzz Cat community 0 April 16th 05 06:11 PM
David Yehudah Award Bev Cat anecdotes 15 January 24th 05 06:10 AM
Dave Y award nominee Tish Silberbauer Cat anecdotes 2 January 23rd 05 01:09 PM