Fireworks Ban [Partly OT]

Old December 31st 05, 12:12 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Fireworks Ban [Partly OT]

CatNipped wrote:

"Fireworks"???? Stop me if I'm wrong, but I thought this was the first of
January, not July! Did I lose six months somewhere?

Maybe it's just the south, but I thought they celebrated the new year all
over by firing off fireworks!

Not when I was growing up in Minnesota! (Although weather
may have had something to do with it.) Except in
predominantly Mexican neighborhoods, I've not encountered
them during fifty-plus years in the L. A. area, either - and
even there it's only a few stray firecrackers at midnight.

Old December 31st 05, 12:42 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)" wrote:

Not when I was growing up in Minnesota! (Although weather
may have had something to do with it.) Except in
predominantly Mexican neighborhoods, I've not encountered
them during fifty-plus years in the L. A. area, either - and
even there it's only a few stray firecrackers at midnight.

Well they do it a lot around here (Bay Area) at New Year's, and it's
considerably cooler, not to mention wetter, than it is in LA.

Firecrackers are also very popular in Asian neighborhoods.

My kitties don't mind them, but I have friends whose dogs get so
freaked about it that their humans have to take them out of town
for a few days. Though near 4th of July, it usually goes on for
a month all together, for weeks before and after the actual holiday.

Joyce
Old December 31st 05, 12:57 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Not when I was growing up in Minnesota! (Although weather

may have had something to do with it.)

Ahahahaha!! You THINK?

Fireworks - thankfully it's all over till New Year... chas Cat health & behaviour 10 November 8th 05 07:14 PM
Little Miss watched the fireworks MissysMom Cat anecdotes 6 July 7th 05 12:52 PM
B & C and Fireworks Bev Cat anecdotes 10 November 6th 04 11:27 AM
Fireworks Mr Nangla Cat health & behaviour 4 November 4th 03 03:29 AM