Can someone tell Smokey, cats don't like bafs!

Old June 10th 18, 02:51 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bill Stock[_2_]

Default Can someone tell Smokey, cats don't like bafs!

Smokey is the sole remaining kitty from our original clowder, but she is getting up in age. Between her arthritis, her laziness and her belly she finds it hard to wash some of her parts. Combined with her loose stools this has led to a sticky/stinky cat. But she still has all of her marbles and she still seems to enjoy ordering the humans about.

We clipped some of the matting out of her bloomers which helped, but it was difficult to get her to hold still for this and did not immediately solve the wet poop problem. So one day I grabbed a small waste basket, filled it with warm water and got an old tea towel. The response I got when she had her first sponge bath was not what I expected. There was a lot of sharp mews and attempting to wash the bum led to a prolonged session of elevator butt.. She is more ladylike about this now, she lays on her side and lifts her leg when I tell her I want to wash the bum. :-) She seems to equate her bath with the premium version of being brushed.

The baf has become a daily ritual now; she lays on her mat in my office and screams at the human. Tonight I asked her if she wanted a hug or a bath and got a very loud response to the bath. :-) Usually if you give her a list of choices, you get a blank stare for all of them.

YMMV, don't try this at home without protection.

Old June 10th 18, 06:25 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
joy

On 6/9/2018 6:51 PM, Bill Stock wrote:
[...]

Just another proof (as if any of us needed it) that all cats are not alike.
Old November 14th 18, 09:47 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kitten

Have I gone completely cat-crazy to think that cat + poo + bath makes a
really sweet story?
No worries, I'm probably too far gone by now anyway.
And it is so well written.
Thanks for sharing.

"Judith Latham" wrote in message
In article , joy
wrote:
[...]

It's probably a blessing that they are all so different. We wouldn't want
them to be anyway. All those cats with the same purpose and the same
tactics could win the control battle.

Judith

--
Judith Latham
Stourbridge, West Midlands. UK.

Smokey provides a BCT Phoenix Cat anecdotes 3 August 18th 08 12:14 AM
RIP Smokey Randy Cat anecdotes 48 April 11th 07 03:52 AM
Smokey - RB Sam Cat anecdotes 54 March 4th 07 04:37 PM
The Smokey Rap Enfilade Cat anecdotes 39 October 25th 04 07:24 PM
Help! Smokey won't eat! M-W Cat health & behaviour 4 November 5th 03 08:35 PM