OT-Shooting

Old December 9th 04, 07:11 PM
Ginger-lyn Summer

Default OT-Shooting

Last night, a guy walked into a crowded nightclub in my city, and
opened fire. Five are dead, two others wounded seriously, possibly
others wounded less seriously. The shooter was killed by a police
officer, or else more might be dead. He apparently shot the guitarist
of the band first.

Last night was also the anniversary of the assassination of John
Lennon.

When will this sort of madness stop?

It was also the 10th anniversary of my beloved Circe's crossing to the
Bridge.

I am really starting to dislike December 8th.

Ginger-lyn

Old December 9th 04, 07:36 PM
Magic Mood Jeep©

Ginger-lyn Summer wrote:
Last night, a guy walked into a crowded nightclub in my city, and
opened fire. Five are dead, two others wounded seriously, possibly
others wounded less seriously. The shooter was killed by a police
officer, or else more might be dead. He apparently shot the guitarist
of the band first.

Last night was also the anniversary of the assassination of John
Lennon.

When will this sort of madness stop?

It was also the 10th anniversary of my beloved Circe's crossing to the
Bridge.

I am really starting to dislike December 8th.

Ginger-lyn

I read about that online. Glad the shooters dead, but now we will probably
never know the motive. I have relatives in Columbus (Westerville, to be
exact), so when I saw the words "Columbus" & "shooting" in the same
sentance, I zipped right over there to read it. To my releif it was a
hard-core head-bangers concert, while my relatives are more into the
country/bluegrass scene. *whew*

Still, my heart goes out to those victims & their families (& the kitties
are purring away, too).

--?
The ONE and ONLY
former-blonde in Bloomington! (And proud of it, too)© email me at
nalee1964 (at) insightbb (dot) com

Old December 9th 04, 08:01 PM
Yoj

"Ginger-lyn Summer" wrote in message
Last night, a guy walked into a crowded nightclub in my city, and
opened fire. Five are dead, two others wounded seriously, possibly
others wounded less seriously. The shooter was killed by a police
officer, or else more might be dead. He apparently shot the guitarist
of the band first.

Last night was also the anniversary of the assassination of John
Lennon.

When will this sort of madness stop?

It was also the 10th anniversary of my beloved Circe's crossing to the
Bridge.

I am really starting to dislike December 8th.

Ginger-lyn

I don't blame you, Ginger-Lyn! I don't understand the mentality that
makes a person go into a crowded place and start shooting. Actually,
I'm glad I don't understand it. I think it would be pretty frightening
if I did.

((((((((((Ginger-lyn))))))))))

Joy

Old December 9th 04, 08:18 PM
Christina Websell

"Ginger-lyn Summer" wrote in message
Last night, a guy walked into a crowded nightclub in my city, and
opened fire. Five are dead, two others wounded seriously, possibly
others wounded less seriously. The shooter was killed by a police
officer, or else more might be dead. He apparently shot the guitarist
of the band first.

Last night was also the anniversary of the assassination of John
Lennon.

When will this sort of madness stop?

It was also the 10th anniversary of my beloved Circe's crossing to the
Bridge.

I am really starting to dislike December 8th.

Ginger-lyn

I don't know what to say.
Since we had some similar disasters here (Dunblane,Scotland, shooting of
schoolchildren) and Huntingford, gun laws are much stricter here now.
As an ordinary person, living an ordinary life, I can't imagine I'd be
allowed to have a gun. Maybe a 12 bore if I shot for sport. Vermin on my
land etc.
As for a pistol or revolver, you can forget it. Only criminals here have
them, and that is illegal anyway. Drug dealers and such, the only legimate
use, a shooting club.
I don't know whether the USA police being armed encourages criminals to be
armed also.
Our police aren't routinely armed and neither are burglars.
Makes me wonder what causes what.

Tweed

Old December 9th 04, 10:09 PM
polonca12000

That's just horrible!
Purrs,
--
Polonca & Soncek

Old December 10th 04, 12:34 AM
Yowie

"Ginger-lyn Summer" wrote in message
Last night, a guy walked into a crowded nightclub in my city, and
opened fire. Five are dead, two others wounded seriously, possibly
others wounded less seriously. The shooter was killed by a police
officer, or else more might be dead. He apparently shot the guitarist
of the band first.

Last night was also the anniversary of the assassination of John
Lennon.

When will this sort of madness stop?

It was also the 10th anniversary of my beloved Circe's crossing to the
Bridge.

I am really starting to dislike December 8th.

Don't blame you - that and September 11th are both horrible, tragic, days.

Yowie

Old December 10th 04, 01:19 AM
Stormin Mormon

The madness will stop when we accept personal responsibility (as a society)
rather than trying to always find someone to blame. It would help if we'd
repeal some of the anti-gun-ownership laws that only disarm the honest.

--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Old December 10th 04, 03:02 AM

Stormin Mormon wrote:

The madness will stop when we accept personal responsibility (as a
society)

*As a society*, yes - I agree. I agree that we all, as a society, have
to take responsibility, *together*, *for each other* and for our community.
Each individual needs to contribute to that overall whole, which is why
the responsibility is "personal" as well as societal. But really, it's
a matter of everyone working out together which policies, laws, cultural
attitudes, and ways to raise children we want to create in our culture,
that will best promote peaceful interactions and end violence...

....which is so vague it probably says nothing - but I'm not going to
solve the world's problems tonight!

It would help if we'd repeal some of the anti-gun-ownership laws that
only disarm the honest.

Oh, sure, that'll help. Let's end gun violence by letting everyone have
guns. Where do I sign up for my AK-47?

(OK, those of you who're grumbling because that freaky queer pinko from
the Left Coast is flapping her jaw again - I didn't start this one!)

Joyce
Old December 10th 04, 03:31 AM
Yowie

wrote in message
Stormin Mormon wrote:

[...]

I wrote a very long reply, and then sent off to the great bit bucket in the
sky. Basically, the whole gun debate, being a great big stinking flame
festival even on its best days, is not something I wish to discuss on RPCA.
I have my views onthe matter, but this group isn't the place for them.

Yowie