[OT] Challenge!

Old July 1st 04, 07:57 AM
Yowie

Default [OT] Challenge!

Ok Folks, I'm not from the USA and got 20 out of 48. Those little tiny
states up the top right always confuse me....

How did you go?

http://www.pibmug.com/files/map_test.swf

Yowie

Old July 1st 04, 09:35 AM
Steve Touchstone

On Thu, 1 Jul 2004 16:57:31 +1000, "Yowie"
wrote:

Ok Folks, I'm not from the USA and got 20 out of 48. Those little tiny
states up the top right always confuse me....

How did you go?

http://www.pibmug.com/files/map_test.swf

Yowie

hey, I'm impressed, as I'm sure I wouldn't do well trying to name
other countries' states/territories. Heck I probably would have
trouble just naming the countries. As for how I did... OK once I quit
trying to put Delaware in the ocean. Managed to get them all in the
right spots, although I did hear a bong or two. I usually get them in
the right part of the country, but switch them around a little, like
Indiana where Illinois goes, and sometimes switch around the Great
Lake states.
--
Steve Touchstone,

[remove Junk for email]
Home Page:

Old July 1st 04, 09:59 AM
Helen Wheels

Yowie wrote:
Ok Folks, I'm not from the USA and got 20 out of 48. Those little tiny
states up the top right always confuse me....

How did you go?

http://www.pibmug.com/files/map_test.swf

Yowie

I got about the same, and I tried it twice! It was amusing to
realise that pretty well all the ones I knew were from one song
or another, e.g.

Ca-li-for-nia here I come...
That's right, you're not from Texas...
Noo Yawk Noo Yawk, it's a wonderful town...
O-----klahoma...
I'm going to Carolina in my mind...
Georgia...
and of course all those states along Route 66.

I missed the Hawaii 5-0 theme though.

Old July 1st 04, 11:01 AM
Dan M

Ok Folks, I'm not from the USA and got 20 out of 48. Those little tiny
states up the top right always confuse me....

How did you go?

http://www.pibmug.com/files/map_test.swf

Yowie

This is embarrasing! I only got 37, and I'm a truck driver so should
know better. That test just doesn't give you enough time.

Dan

Old July 1st 04, 12:32 PM

Yowie wrote:

Ok Folks, I'm not from the USA and got 20 out of 48. Those little tiny
states up the top right always confuse me....

How did you go?

http://www.pibmug.com/files/map_test.swf

I got them all!!! (But I couldn't get all the states in Australia either,
so don't feel bad!)

But this test is a bit frustrating. If you get them all, they don't bother
to tell you... they just start you over again.

Joyce

Old July 1st 04, 01:34 PM
David Stevenson

Yowie wrote
Ok Folks, I'm not from the USA and got 20 out of 48. Those little tiny
states up the top right always confuse me....

How did you go?

http://www.pibmug.com/files/map_test.swf

12. Mind you, I did not notice the time limit, so I was taking it
easy! I did not get many wrong, and I am sure it told me Virginia was
wrong when it wasn't, so I wasted some time finally putting it back
where I had already tried.

25 second time. Getting interesting!

31. Great way of learning!

32. Improvement slowing!

34. Getting tired. I shall get back to it!!!!!

--
David Stevenson Storypage: http://blakjak.com/sty_menu.htm
Liverpool, England, UK Emails welcome

[OT] Soccer Movie Question Jeanne Hedge Cat anecdotes 5 January 13th 04 04:57 PM
[OT] Iron Chef Yowie Cat anecdotes 19 December 23rd 03 07:32 AM
[OT] Just needed to vent - UPDATE 20/11 JA Gory Cat anecdotes 23 November 25th 03 05:33 AM
[OT] Just needed to vent Yowie Cat anecdotes 56 November 23rd 03 08:06 AM