Sandwiches

Old March 19th 06, 02:01 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Sandwiches

I went out to run a bridge event. No food, so i asked Liz, who gave
me a lunch box containing .....

..... some sort of yukky cheese filling in four rolls. Eugghhhhh!

Cheese? In all of them?? I asked.

She told me she bought turkey for me. Then left it on the side in the
kitchen .....

--
David Stevenson Storypage: http://blakjak.com/sty_menu.htm
Liverpool, England, UK Emails welcome
Old March 19th 06, 04:22 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

David Stevenson wrote:

She told me she bought turkey for me. Then left it on the side in the
kitchen .....

Is it okay if I laugh, now that you're no longer faced with the
noxious cheesy stuff?

On second though, I better not laugh too much. I've always been
grateful that none of my cats have been food stealers, but if I
get to feeling smug no doubt one of them will take it up.

--

Wayne M
(indulged by Will and Heidi)
Old March 19th 06, 04:30 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 2006-03-18 19:01:24 -0600, David Stevenson said:

I went out to run a bridge event. No food, so i asked Liz, who gave
me a lunch box containing .....

..... some sort of yukky cheese filling in four rolls. Eugghhhhh!

Cheese? In all of them?? I asked.

She told me she bought turkey for me. Then left it on the side in the
kitchen .....

Thanks for the laugh!! ROFL!

Old March 19th 06, 06:42 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

David Stevenson wrote:
I went out to run a bridge event. No food, so i asked Liz, who gave
me a lunch box containing .....

..... some sort of yukky cheese filling in four rolls. Eugghhhhh!

Cheese? In all of them?? I asked.

She told me she bought turkey for me. Then left it on the side in the
kitchen .....

LOL! Reminds me of when my mother was looking after Frank and Nikki one
time. She had made herself a plate with some cheese, ham and lettuce.
She left the plate on the counter for a minute. When she returned, she
found the cats had very thoughtfully left her the lettuce. They were
obviously concerned about her health. ;o)

marina (dot) kurten (at) iki (dot) fi
Old March 19th 06, 08:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Marina wrote:

David Stevenson wrote:

I went out to run a bridge event. No food, so i asked Liz, who gave
me a lunch box containing .....

..... some sort of yukky cheese filling in four rolls. Eugghhhhh!

Cheese? In all of them?? I asked.

She told me she bought turkey for me. Then left it on the side in the
kitchen .....

LOL! Reminds me of when my mother was looking after Frank and Nikki one
time. She had made herself a plate with some cheese, ham and lettuce.
She left the plate on the counter for a minute. When she returned, she
found the cats had very thoughtfully left her the lettuce. They were
obviously concerned about her health. ;o)

Somewhat sadder tale I heard from a girl I once worked with.
They were expecting guests, so her mother had made a big
bowl full of chopped liver (a sort of pate, Jewish-style),
and left it unattended on a coffee table. Naturally, the
cat did what anyone in their right mind would expect it to
do, but her mother was so angry she made my co-worker get
rid of the cat! (She was only a little girl at the time, so
had no choice - but she never quite forgave her mom.)

Old March 19th 06, 11:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

David Stevenson wrote:

I went out to run a bridge event. No food, so i asked Liz, who gave
me a lunch box containing .....

..... some sort of yukky cheese filling in four rolls. Eugghhhhh!

Cheese? In all of them?? I asked.

She told me she bought turkey for me. Then left it on the side in the
kitchen .....

ROFLOL! So nice to hear from you, David!
Best wishes,
Polonca and Soncek

Old March 19th 06, 11:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)" wrote:

Somewhat sadder tale I heard from a girl I once worked with.
They were expecting guests, so her mother had made a big
bowl full of chopped liver (a sort of pate, Jewish-style),
and left it unattended on a coffee table. Naturally, the
cat did what anyone in their right mind would expect it to
do, but her mother was so angry she made my co-worker get
rid of the cat! (She was only a little girl at the time, so
had no choice - but she never quite forgave her mom.)

Humph! I don't think *I* can forgive her mom either! That is so cruel
to do to a child, to take away their pet for a transgression which,
with a little effort, doesn't have to happen again.

Joyce
Old March 20th 06, 02:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Marina wrote:

David Stevenson wrote:

[...]

What a horrible thing to do to a little girl! Luckily, my mother knows
her place as a Grandmeowmie, and just calmly took out some more cheese
and ham for herself (and no doubt dispensed some more treats for the
cats. They alwyas came home fatter than when they went to her).

marina (dot) kurten (at) iki (dot) fi
Old March 20th 06, 05:01 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

David Stevenson wrote in message

I went out to run a bridge event. No food, so i asked Liz, who gave
me a lunch box containing .....

..... some sort of yukky cheese filling in four rolls. Eugghhhhh!

Cheese? In all of them?? I asked.

She told me she bought turkey for me. Then left it on the side in the
kitchen .....

She really should know better by now

Jeanette

Old March 21st 06, 12:44 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

wrote
"EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)" wrote:

Somewhat sadder tale I heard from a girl I once worked with.
They were expecting guests, so her mother had made a big
bowl full of chopped liver (a sort of pate, Jewish-style),
and left it unattended on a coffee table. Naturally, the
cat did what anyone in their right mind would expect it to
do, but her mother was so angry she made my co-worker get
rid of the cat! (She was only a little girl at the time, so
had no choice - but she never quite forgave her mom.)

Humph! I don't think *I* can forgive her mom either! That is so cruel
to do to a child, to take away their pet for a transgression which,
with a little effort, doesn't have to happen again.

I would not forgive the mother for what she did to the cat. If you
leave food out where a cat can get at it, *you* are responsible, no the
cat.