Purrs for Vernon please - hit & run

Old September 19th 04, 02:01 PM
dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers

Default Purrs for Vernon please - hit & run

Vernon was a victim of a hit & run this morning. Thankfully his injuries are
minor, but nevertheless, it was a far from enjoyable experience for him & for
me. I am very pleased that I am not in the position of collecting the insurance
monies.

Vernon & I went for a cycle over the Castle Acre this morning. On the final
hill up into the village (Newton Road), there is always a line of parked cars
on the right-hand side, so cycling up the hill we had right of way. Vernon was
at the top of the hill & I was at the bottom, so didn't see the actual impact.
The driver can thank his lucky stars for that, because if I had, by now I'd be
in jail for wrecking his car and for assaulting the driver.

Basically Vernon was cycling up the hill. He had right of way. He was almost to
the top when **** in a Mondeo comes down the hill and rather than wait for
Vernon to finish the short distance, tw*t in a Mondeo crosses to the side of
the road Vernon is on, without slowing, and side-swipes Vernon with his wing
mirror. Vernon fell off. The frightening this is, to me, Vernon said he'd made
eye-contact with the driver - who was smiling as he came on to hit Vernon.
Sadly Vernon didn't get the registration number - neither did I as I was
oblivious to this happening as I was at the bottom of the hill at the time.

Vernon's helmet is dented - his glasses grazed (Thanks Simon Mason - the safety
glasses scratched but didn't shatter, so Vernon's eyes are okay) - he has a cut
on his cheekbone which is bruising. He has a bruised & cut left knee; his right
hand his cut and he is sort of aching and bruised. Walking wounded - it could
have been a lot worse.

The driver did not stop. Tw*t. B*st*rd. Sh*t. I hope he rots in hell.

Anyhow. Guy whose house it happened outside of came out to see if Vernon was
okay - alas he didn't get the reg of the car either. Which was when I got to
the scene. The sight of one's husband picking himself up from the kerb and
*knowing* all is not well is not one I wish to see again.

Called the police. As Vernon was injured, plod attended. It took plod nearly an
hour to attend though. I'm not impressed by that. One thing plod said that I
find quite horrific, and it was a throwaway line of plod's, "Oh I get several
of these a week now." *What???* Several hit & runs a week?!?!?!?!!! I find that
appalling. If I hear one more pathetic rant from uk.tosspot about hard-done by
drivers, I shall not be responsible for my actions.

Cheers, helen s

**$om $

Old September 19th 04, 02:17 PM
Sherry

Oh Helen. How scary. Purrs for Vernon's injuries and for your poor nerves to
settle down.
I hope they catch the scumbag. It sounds like one of those #@%% who thinks they
own the road, and expect everyone else to get out of their way. That makes me
so angry just to read it. And so grateful that it wasn't worse.

Old September 19th 04, 02:23 PM
dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers

Oh Helen. How scary. Purrs for Vernon's injuries and for your poor nerves to
settle down.

Thanks Sherry. I am gradually calming down. Vernon's bruises are gradually
becoming more colourful ;-)

I hope they catch the scumbag. It sounds like one of those #@%% who thinks
they
own the road, and expect everyone else to get out of their way. That makes me
so angry just to read it. And so grateful that it wasn't worse.

I seriously doubt the b*st*rd will be caught. We reported as failure to stop is
a criminal offence and I really don't like crinimals, especially ones who smile
at my husband before they knock him off his bike with their tonne of motor
vehicle. I suppose there is a miniscule chance the sh*t may get caught, but it
is only a miniscule chance.

Cheers, helen s

**$om $

Old September 19th 04, 02:34 PM
dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers

Oh, Helen, how terrible for you both! Lots of purrs are coming your way
to help heal Vernon's bruising and your frazzled nerves. Litterbox
offerings and sggy regurgitated grass to the scum-of-the-earth who did it.

Thanks guys :-) Vernon has just stripped off to go in the bath, which has
uncovered a nasty graze & bruise on his ribs at the back left-hand side.

Cheers, helen s

**$om $