YOU KNOW YOU LIVE ON THE GULF COAST WHEN

Old October 19th 05, 03:06 AM
Magic Mood JeepŠ

Default YOU KNOW YOU LIVE ON THE GULF COAST WHEN

(stolen from another newsgroup)
YOU KNOW YOU LIVE ON THE GULF COAST WHEN ...
You have FEMA's number on your speed dialer.
You have more than 300 C and D batteries in your kitchen drawer.
Your pantry contains more than 20 cans of Spaghetti Os.
You are thinking of repainting your house to match the plywood
covering your windows.
When describing your house to a prospective buyer, you say it has
three bedrooms, two baths and one safe hallway.
Your SSN isn't a secret, it's written in Sharpie on your arms.
You are on a first-name basis with the cashier at Home Depot.
You are delighted to pay $3 for a gallon of regular unleaded.
The road leading to your house has been declared a No-Wake Zone.
You decide that your patio furniture looks better on the bottom of
the pool.
You own more than three large coolers.
You can wish that other people get hit by a hurricane and not feel
the least bit guilty about it.
You rationalize helping a friend board up by thinking "It'll only
take a gallon of gas to get there and back."
You have 2-liter coke bottles and milk jugs filled with water in
your freezer.
Three months ago you couldn't hang a shower curtain; today you can
assemble a portable generator by candlelight.
You catch a 13-pound redfish in your driveway.
You can recite from memory whole portions of your homeowner's
insurance policy.
You consider a "vacation" to stunning Tupelo, Mississippi.
At cocktail parties, women are attracted to the guy with the biggest
chainsaw.
You have had tuna fish more than 5 days in a row.
There is a roll of tar paper in your garage.
You can rattle off the names of three or more meteorologists who
work for the Weather Channel.
Someone comes to your door to tell you they found your roof.
Ice is a valid topic of conversation.
Your "drive-thru" meal consists of MRE's and bottled water.
Relocating to South Dakota does not seem like such a crazy idea.
You spend more time on your roof than in your living room.
You've been laughed at over the phone by a roofer, fence builder or
a tree worker.
A battery powered TV is considered a home entertainment center.
You don't worry about relatives wanting to visit during the summer.
Your child's first words are "hunker down" and you didn't go to UGA!
Having a tree in your living room does not necessarily mean it's
Christmas.
Toilet Paper is elevated to "coin of the realm" at the shelters.
You know the difference between the "good side" of a storm and
the "bad side."
Your kids start school in August and finish in July.
You go to work early and stay late just to enjoy the air
conditioning.

--
Help the animals of Monroe County
http://www.justgiving.com/pfp/nalee1964

The ONE and ONLY
in Bloomington! (And proud of it, too)Š

Old October 19th 05, 02:07 PM
Victor Martinez

Magic Mood JeepŠ wrote:
(stolen from another newsgroup)
YOU KNOW YOU LIVE ON THE GULF COAST WHEN ...

Those are funny*, thanks for sharing. I'm sending them off to my MIL.

Victor
* in Mexico we deal with tragedy and loss by using humor. Just a day or
two afer a national disaster, you will start to hear jokes about it.
It's not meant to be disrespectful, but it's our way of dealing with death.

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old October 19th 05, 02:14 PM
jmcquown

Victor Martinez wrote:
Magic Mood JeepŠ wrote:
(stolen from another newsgroup)
YOU KNOW YOU LIVE ON THE GULF COAST WHEN ...

Those are funny*, thanks for sharing. I'm sending them off to my MIL.

Victor
* in Mexico we deal with tragedy and loss by using humor. Just a day
or two afer a national disaster, you will start to hear jokes about
it.
It's not meant to be disrespectful, but it's our way of dealing with
death.

Mexico and Jay Leno

Jill

Old October 19th 05, 03:01 PM
Stormin Mormon

If the Hurricane Katrena taught us anything.... it taught us that FEMA's
only task is to say *NO* to any and all aid workers.

--

Christopher A. Young
Do good work.

Old October 19th 05, 06:32 PM
Jo Firey

"Victor Martinez" wrote in message
Magic Mood JeepŠ wrote:
(stolen from another newsgroup)
YOU KNOW YOU LIVE ON THE GULF COAST WHEN ...

Those are funny*, thanks for sharing. I'm sending them off to my MIL.

Victor
* in Mexico we deal with tragedy and loss by using humor. Just a day or
two afer a national disaster, you will start to hear jokes about it. It's
not meant to be disrespectful, but it's our way of dealing with death.

That's one of the reasons I miss Johnny Carson so much. He had wonderful
timing when something awful happened. Seemed to know exactly how long to
leave the subject alone, even to the point of not doing his show for a day.
And then their would be "tasteful" comments and jokes, then after a little
while it would be no holds barred humor. And at that point I always felt
like we were OK again.

Jo

Old October 20th 05, 04:01 AM
Wayne Mitchell

"Stormin Mormon" wrote:

If the Hurricane Katrena taught us anything.... it taught us that FEMA's
only task is to say *NO* to any and all aid workers.

Ohmigosh! They've hired David Spade.

--

Wayne M
(indulged by Will and Heidi)
Old October 21st 05, 02:13 PM
jmcquown

Wayne Mitchell wrote:
"Stormin Mormon" wrote:

If the Hurricane Katrena taught us anything.... it taught us that
FEMA's only task is to say *NO* to any and all aid workers.

Ohmigosh! They've hired David Spade.

The answer is always NO!

I actually love those commercials, especially the one with the voodoo doll

Jill

Old October 21st 05, 03:12 PM
Karen

"jmcquown" wrote in message
Wayne Mitchell wrote:
"Stormin Mormon" wrote:

If the Hurricane Katrena taught us anything.... it taught us that
FEMA's only task is to say *NO* to any and all aid workers.

Ohmigosh! They've hired David Spade.

The answer is always NO!

I actually love those commercials, especially the one with the voodoo doll

Jill

Ohhhh. I HATE those commercials. I feel mean everytime I watch one and I
HATE it.

Old October 21st 05, 05:07 PM
Shadow Walker

I think my patio furniture looks great on my roof.
Gina

[...]

former-blonde in Bloomington! (And proud of it, too)Š

Old October 21st 05, 05:38 PM
Pamela Shirk

"Karen" wrote in message

"jmcquown" wrote in message
Wayne Mitchell wrote:
"Stormin Mormon" wrote:

If the Hurricane Katrena taught us anything.... it taught us that
FEMA's only task is to say *NO* to any and all aid workers.

Ohmigosh! They've hired David Spade.

The answer is always NO!

I actually love those commercials, especially the one with the voodoo
doll

Jill

Ohhhh. I HATE those commercials. I feel mean everytime I watch one and I
HATE it.

Me too, but then I'm not a fan of David Spade's, either. I just feel that
those commercials are so mean and he is such a chicken sh*t in the one with
Lou Ferrigno(?) where he gets him to chase that poor kid around. You do
remember them though. I do love the ones where the Viking barbarians have
to find other jobs since they can't loot anymore due to people using Capital
One.

Pam S. Who is a closet barbarian herself