Nervous Mama

Old September 14th 07, 08:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Baha via CatKB.com

Default Nervous Mama

Odessa definitely has got it in for me. This morning she horked up a loogie
on my boob that was big enough to sweep away a semi. The attempts to clear
her poor little throat, combined with the act of picking her up, dosing her
and giving her a hug seemed to have forced that wad of cat snot to the
surface and she was exhausted afterward, my poor little Doll. All she wanted
was to sleep. Never mind the food; taking the food probably caused the
coughing fit that preceded the Snot du Jour. The vet told me that I was not
to be alarmed, the combination of throat tube from the surgery with her tooth
abscess and tonsillitis was bound to create the condition, and that wioth the
antibiotic we were going the right way. It does not stop me from being a
nervous wreck. I'm very good at blaming myself for things and have such a
guilt fit going on right now it is not to be believed. Guilt over all the
time spent with the Juvies because Odessa and Roxie usually gravitate toward
Louie; guilt from not noticing or knowing the tooth trouble; guilt over
wanting to go to a buddy's house after work for a cup of coffee and
confession. Have I shown enough love for my Little Doll? I just want her to
get better, damn it. I'd take the bug myself, if I could; a big fat two-leg
can take a few shots of whiskey and other things to treat it that a cat can't.
And she's such a little, delicate Doll. The vet keeps telling me we're on the
right track. God I hope so.

Blessed be,
Baha

Old September 14th 07, 08:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jofirey

Picking her up probably did her a world of good in loosening up things so
she could cough them up. I would recommend lots more squeezes and hugs
along with her meds.

Though you may want to consider grabbing a towel to throw over your shoulder
when you pick her up. Sort of like one does with an infant that is prone to
heavy drooling or lots of spitting up.

Jo

Old September 14th 07, 09:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Baha, please stop beating yourself up about this. She has an infection in
her respiratory tract, all sorts of nasty green/yellow stuff needs to come
up and you have taken her to the vet.
In what way do you think you could have done better?
BTW I'm in the same way myself..

Tweed

Old September 14th 07, 09:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian A

Baha via CatKB.com wrote:
[...]

More purrs for Odessa.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy & Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Old September 14th 07, 11:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

[...]

Awww, she's so sweet, with such a cute nickname. Continuing purrs for
her.

Old September 17th 07, 03:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Baha via CatKB.com

Christina Websell wrote:
Baha, please stop beating yourself up about this. She has an infection in
her respiratory tract, all sorts of nasty green/yellow stuff needs to come
up and you have taken her to the vet.
In what way do you think you could have done better?
BTW I'm in the same way myself..

Oy. In the same way meaning youy have a cat with this condition, or you
yourself? I feel quite yutzy right now, as i haven't gotten to read as many
threads as I* would have liked in recent weeks...

You are of course correct; I should stop kicjking myself. I'm over it now,
and I apologize to subjecting all and sundry to my case of manic guilt. This
is what happens when I have a cat problem, a change in medication and PMS,
all at once. I can only think I might have taken care of the dental business
sooner, then it might not have come to the recent unpleasantness.

Later the day I posted the original thing, louie came up with a concoction of
the special food, baby food, and broth. Odessa is eating with gusto, and the
coughing and resultant ick are substantially diminished.

many thanks to one and all for putting up with me.

Blessed be,
Baha

Old September 21st 07, 08:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
polonca12000

Baha via CatKB.com wrote:

[...]

You are a great meowmie, Baha. It's really hard when the kitties are not
feeling well, but try not to feel guilty, it's not your fault.
Lots of purrs and hugs,
Polonca and Soncek

Help with nervous cat? Rene S. Cat health & behaviour 0 October 9th 06 05:32 PM
Help with nervous cat? Elle Cat health & behaviour 0 October 8th 06 05:46 PM
Help with nervous cat? Matthew Cat health & behaviour 0 October 8th 06 05:38 PM
Nervous Karen Chuplis Cat anecdotes 13 December 26th 04 10:44 AM
Rescued but very nervous Kreisleriana Cat anecdotes 32 June 2nd 04 04:41 AM