Moving on along Route 66

Old September 3rd 14, 02:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Ann791

Default Moving on along Route 66

On 9/1/2014 9:04 PM, cshenk wrote:
Regina&Rex wrote in rec.pets.cats.community:

On 8/28/2014 11:20 AM, Harri Roadcat wrote:
"Kitties and doggies, this is Chief Smith. He's trustee of this
land, and has welcomed us to his property. There are great
campsites just over there, some tents for those who prefer tent
camping, and on the other side of the woods are some cabins for
those who prefer more creature comforts. He has also invited us
all to dinner tonight."

[Harri shifts the HarriMobile into park, then walks over to greet
the Chief and find out which camping area she should park in. She
then pulls her vehicle around and backs into place underplace a
large oak tree. She connects her electrical, water, and internet
hookups, then deploys her side awnings. Once everything is set up
to her liking she walks past the other campsites.

In the next slot Sammy has maneuvered Amelia's RV into place and
got the campsite squared away. He is setting up some lounging
pillow with obvious plans to take a nap before the sun sets.

As she gets to the end of the camping slots she is surprised to see
Rex and Regina's RV already in place. Rex waves as Harri walks by.]

Daisy-chan starts setting up their tent while Cash brings out a large
tarp and nails it down. Iowna sniffing about finds the kitchen gear
and pulls it out along with supplies.

Another RV pulls alongside and Daisy-chan and Cash happily attach their
canope across it and to the trees to the side. While they are working,
Iowna carefully walks to the edge of the bushes and finds a spot with
soft dirt. She digs a hole and piles the dirt back in with some leaves
and puts up a 'ladies' sign then makes another with a 'gents' sign.
Then she thinks of Cash and makes a third with a 'big doggies' sign.
As she comes back, another tent camper asks Cash to make them one too.

Iowna joins Daisy-chan to see where she can help. She's set to digging
a fire pit, not too deep needed but get all the grass and roots out of
the way. Since they are all firesafe, Iowna sets to with a will and
digs out a shallow 4inch deep 2ft wide pit. She puts the turf to the
side so it can be backfilled neatly. It makes a sort of backsplash.

Daisy-chan pulls out a mini-grill that needs only 6 coals and gets it
lit while Iowna pulls out 2 lbs of bacon then licking her chops, lays
out the bedding.

Around, you can all hear folks setting up camp. They have room for a
little tent under their cover in addition to them.

Lucy Lu finishes setting up the tent and starts a fire in a pit Samwise
has put stones around. " I'm looking forward to having supper with Chief
Smith. I bet he has lots of interesting stories. "

Lucy Lu
Old September 3rd 14, 03:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Rex and Regina DesChat

With a huge grin, Iowna makes a proper sort of curtzy and gives a quick
nuzzle then sniffs about and catches Cash then with a wink, trotts off
to their campsite very nearby where Harri was calling.

Daisy-chan shrugs, removes a small thermos from her carryall and folds
into an elegant 4 legged Japanese sitting stance, toes and ankles
tucked 'just so'. She pours tea (green with a little nip added) for
Regina and sits back. If the tea is accepted, the apology is
understood though there is no blame. JUst a sort of 'oops'.

[Regina drops into meatloaf position and accepts the offered tea,
meowing in appreciation of the delicious tea and wonderful nip.]

Mebbe after dinner wif Chief Smith you and your travelling companions
might like to join Rex an me fur some big-cat refreshments? We have a
few bottles of some wonderful nip wine in the cooler.

Regina

Old September 5th 14, 04:01 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Community Kitties[_2_]

[ Harri's wars twitch as she hears a loud ringing coming from the
direction of Chief Smith's house. When she walks out in to the clear she
sees the Chief on his porch, ringing a large triangular dinner bell. She
spots Big Mama headed that way, so she falls in and follows. As they
approach the porch Chief Smith shouts "Come around back, please. I have
the tables set up there."

Both girls follow the directions and walk around the house, finding
several rows of long tables set up. The tables are low to the ground,
set upp to be comfortable for cats and dogs. The head table is heaped
with platters of goodies. Barbequed fish, fried hominy, roast venison,
and crawdads, as well as dishes the kitties are more familiar with -
roast turkey, grilled salmon, roast beast, barbequed ear of sooven, and
other deliciacies. As the other guests begin to arrive. the Chief
addresses everybody.

"Welcome to my home, everybody. I would like to introduce my
grandchildren, Rosa, Angel, and Robert. They prepared all of the
wonderful dishes you see here today. We are honored to have you join us
here today. Please, find seats whereever you would like, then help
yourself to the food. Those of you who aren't able to help yourselves,
we will be glad to serve you."
]

Old September 6th 14, 02:17 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
cshenk

Community Kitties wrote in rec.pets.cats.community:

[...]

Cash licks his chops then gets bopped on the head by Iowna who reminds
him to not slobber on the fellow guests as she wipes a little slobber
off a paw.

Daisy-chan and Cash take a plate. Daisy-chan announces the salmon is
excellent while Cash checks out a Sooven ear (with a few hidden green
beans under it and hoping no kittahs laugh at him for likeing them).

Iowna, comes up and bumps gently into Rosa and thanks them for offering
a little help. She needs only a lift to the accomodation bench already
there for the venerable kittahs who do not jump well then a lift back
down. Once up there, she happily sniffs and selects: 3 oz raw venison,
2 crawdads, 1 baby carrot (thinking, she adds 2 more since Cash likes
them but is bashful about it), a green bean, an apple slice and 3 raw
chicken wingtips.

Rosa grins, glad they remembered to add a few other things to the table
as Iowna jumps down after sniffing to make sure the spot was empty and
trotts off to follow the scent to Cash and Daisy.

Old September 6th 14, 01:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Ann791

On 9/5/2014 9:17 PM, cshenk wrote:
[...]

Samwise and Lucy Lu take plates and get in line for supper. "Every thing
looks so good. I think I'll try the roast venison, and crawdads." After
filling their plates they find a spot at one of the tables sitting near
Regina and Rex. Lucy Lu leans over to Regina " I heard why you left so
fast and we understand. No one will say anything to the police or
FBI.You can travel with us as long as you would like."

Lucy Lu
Old September 8th 14, 05:07 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Sylvia M[_3_]

"Sundance" wrote in message
On Wednesday, August 27, 2014 9:07:22 AM UTC-7, Community
Kitties wrote:
"Kitties and doggies, this is Chief Smith. He's trustee of this
land,

and has welcomed us to his property. There are great campsites
just over

there, some tents for those who prefer tent camping, and on the
other

side of the woods are some cabins for those who prefer more
creature

comforts. He has also invited us all to dinner tonight."

Fangu, Big Mama. I will see if Pitoonya wantz to joyn da groop,
an which acommydashunz she purrfurz. Az long as dere iz fudz, I
iz OK wif eethur da tentz or da kabinz.

Sundance

Darlink! I mizt yuz!
I styll kaynt pozt yuzink mine own identity....
DummMeowmeee duzint kno heow to set dat op wiff Eternal
September, ower noo nooz server.
Mabee e-venshullee.
YES! I yam starfft!

Pit2nya AKA Sweetee

Old September 9th 14, 09:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
cshenk

ann791 wrote in rec.pets.cats.community:

[...]

Iowna finds a place between Cash and Rex and can sniff that Daisy-chan
is next to him. She tucks a carrot on Cash's plate and then scarfs up
a chicken wingtip, closing her eye and looking beautific in praise.

Coming back to earth she sniffs for her next bite but a tantalizing
aroma drifts over. Sniffing, it is on Cash's plate and he's talking to
someone else. Stealth doggie sniffs closer and finds it. He found
CHEESE! Nose counting there are 4 little cubes! She sneaks one out and
replaces it with her green bean.

Cash finishes his chat andlooks down to notice he now has 3 little
cheese squares and a green bean. He licks Iowna's head then rotates
his plate so his cheese treats are way from Iowna then Daisy-chan nails
one! Swoop, gone...Cash sighs.

Rosa snickers and brings over a little plate of cubed cheeses. There
are 15 kinds and Iowna's nose goes spastic and almost falls off as she
sniffs it all! She is in Beagle heaven!

She determines 7 of them are goat cheeses with no lactose for those
with problems and they vary from fresh soft curds to a feta sort. The
fresh soft ones have a dusting of nip on them. Then there is a baby
butter swiss, Gouda, Havarti, Cheddar, Mozzarella, Philly Cream, Brie
and a facinating smelly one she is told is limburger.

Sniffing about, she wonders where Mosey got to?

Old September 9th 14, 10:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
cshenk

cshenk wrote in rec.pets.cats.community:

[...]

Stealing her reserve and remembering Regina is a royal cat and sitting
next to Rex (who might be too? She doesnt know but he sniffs as a
friendly sort of fellow), Iowna steals her reserve and passes the
cheese their way for first pick.

The plate is generous so there is plenty for all but She secretly hopes
there is a tiny bit of that fascinating limburger when it gets back as
she will be the last to get the plate.

As the plate passes, she nibbles up 2 oz of her venison which is
excellent! Turning to Rex, she proffers the remaining oz if he would
like it since it may not have been there when he got a plate and asks:

"Hi Rex, are you also a Royal since you sit next to Regina? Iz AKC
registered but i don't know iffin that makes me some sort of nobility.
Iz not feel very noble."

As she waits for Rex to answer after he chomps the venison bit, she
chomps an apple sliver then sees her other carrot and sneaks to to
Cash's plate.

Old September 9th 14, 11:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Rex and Regina DesChat

[...]

Hi, Iowna. Yes, I am Regina's wink, and together we rule Catsylvania.
But now we'z just enjoying exploring Catmerica!

I must say, you certainly look and act quite noble. It is a treat to
find doggies as well-mannered as we haf met on dis trip.

Actually, Regina was just about to take some goodies up to the buffet
table. She fixed some traditional dishes from our country, and was eager
to share them with the Community and with our hosts. She has a platter
of rabbit stew with root vegetables from the valley we live in, and some
of our local cheeses (including many made from goats milk and sheeps
milk). We brought along some excellent goats milk limburger; may I offer
you some?

[Rex places some small cubes of cheese on Iowna's plate, including
several of limburger, before returning the platter to Regina.]

We also brought some mountain berry cider. It is brewed from a special
variety of berry vine that grows just in our mountainous country. This
batch of cider was made from the first berries to appear after the vines
appear from under the snow - the sweetest of the season. May I pour you
some?

Rex
Old September 10th 14, 12:09 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
cshenk

Rex and Regina DesChat wrote in rec.pets.cats.community:

[...]

Ah! Wez an interesting place! Very big too!

I must say, you certainly look and act quite noble. It is a treat to
find doggies as well-mannered as we haf met on dis trip.

Thank you Rex, wez all try! Iz a champion sleeper too cuz Iz 13 now.
Dats older in doggie years dan cat years but wez all very as bast or
sirus decideded.

Actually, Regina was just about to take some goodies up to the buffet
table. She fixed some traditional dishes from our country, and was
eager to share them with the Community and with our hosts. She has a
platter of rabbit stew with root vegetables from the valley we live
in, and some of our local cheeses (including many made from goats
milk and sheeps milk). We brought along some excellent goats milk
limburger; may I offer you some?

Iowna's tail starts wagging like mad at Rex laughs

[Rex places some small cubes of cheese on Iowna's plate, including
several of limburger, before returning the platter to Regina.]

Sniffing down,Iowna is too polite to attack it as he's still talking so
she grins and raises her nose to Rex.

We also brought some mountain berry cider. It is brewed from a
special variety of berry vine that grows just in our mountainous
country. This batch of cider was made from the first berries to
appear after the vines appear from under the snow - the sweetest of
the season. May I pour you some?

"Oh thank you Rex!"

Sniffing it is a sort of blueberry relative, totally safe for doggies
and cats. The name escapes her unless it is Lingnon or something
close? A delicious little one that comes in several colors and so much
liked by doggis, that wild wolves tend to get most of them off the bush.

As Rex pours some of the precious wine, it is passed around the table,
each keeping their first one until Regina gets a glass.

Cash stands with his Glass and Looks to Rex and Regina. "Thank you Rex
and Regina for the lovely additions and the fun of having you here. Iz
a simple sort of country doggie, but Iz been graced with being about
sum of da bestest kittahs ana doggies in spirit all about dis land."
Bowing his head, "Iz been graced". Then he raises his glass in a
toast: "Fur Regina anna Rex!"

Cheers sound then everyone settles into some serious eating. Iowna
gives Rex a fast lick on the cheek then tests her limburger and is
delighted with it.