Daisy RB

Old December 27th 03, 05:05 PM
HRFLTiger

Default Daisy RB

Hi Folks,

Please could my gran and my 16 year old cat Daisy have some purrs? She
was sent to Rainbow Bridge this morning because her kidneys failed
over Xmas and her vet, Suzanne, suggested that it was time to let her
go. My gran had to do the difficult task, as she has been Daisys human
since 1996.

We're still numb & in shock here, but my nan is particularly upset
(understandably so) as she also had to make the decision to have our
17 year old dog put down this year too.

Daisy was a quirky black and white madam, who loved prawns and tuna.
She arrived as a kitten at the place my nan was working one day in
1988. She was presented to my nan by a little boy in tears, with the
words "can you take this kitten, my dad kicked it and said he'd kill
it if I didn't get rid of it". She had a broken leg.

She crashed into our lives, and took them over. I think my favourite
memory of her, is as a young cat she killed a pigeon and ate it - but
she gorged herself so badly she had indegestion. Ever seen a cat with
hiccups? It's hysterical. So we have some wonderful memories, but
nothing will ever replace a small black and white quirk ball.

Helen M
Old December 27th 03, 05:15 PM
Marina

"HRFLTiger" wrote

Please could my gran and my 16 year old cat Daisy have some purrs? She
was sent to Rainbow Bridge this morning because her kidneys failed
over Xmas and her vet, Suzanne, suggested that it was time to let her
go. My gran had to do the difficult task, as she has been Daisys human
since 1996.

Oh, Helen, I'm so sorry! Many purrs for you and your gran from the cats
here, and my sincerest condolences.

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki

Old December 27th 03, 05:56 PM
Jeanette

HRFLTiger wrote in message
om...
Hi Folks,

Please could my gran and my 16 year old cat Daisy have some purrs? She
was sent to Rainbow Bridge this morning because her kidneys failed
over Xmas and her vet, Suzanne, suggested that it was time to let her
go. My gran had to do the difficult task, as she has been Daisys human
since 1996.

(((Helen)))

I'm so sorry, I remember you telling me about Daisy. It's always sad when we
lose a companion of so many years. It sounds like Daisy had a wonderful
life, which would have been much shorter and nastier if not for your family.

Old December 27th 03, 06:17 PM
jmcquown

HRFLTiger wrote:
Hi Folks,

Please could my gran and my 16 year old cat Daisy have some purrs?
Helen M

Purrs issuing Daisy over that bridge. Purrs for you and your gran, too.

Jill & Persia

Old December 27th 03, 06:55 PM
Christine Burel

So very sorry for your grandmother's loss -- please give her our best purrs
and condolences and purrs to accompany Daisy to the RB.
Christine

Old December 27th 03, 08:56 PM
Yowie

Purrs aplenty coming. Daisy sounds like a very special cat, all the more
unique for that wonderful quirkiness. Please also convey my condolences -
its hard to lose a furkid.

Yowie

Old December 27th 03, 09:55 PM
Tanada

HRFLTiger wrote:

Daisy was a quirky black and white madam, who loved prawns and tuna.
She arrived as a kitten at the place my nan was working one day in
1988. She was presented to my nan by a little boy in tears, with the
words "can you take this kitten, my dad kicked it and said he'd kill
it if I didn't get rid of it". She had a broken leg.

She crashed into our lives, and took them over. I think my favourite
memory of her, is as a young cat she killed a pigeon and ate it - but
she gorged herself so badly she had indegestion. Ever seen a cat with
hiccups? It's hysterical. So we have some wonderful memories, but
nothing will ever replace a small black and white quirk ball.

Daisy was my kind of cat. Quirky, active, and with a sense of humor.
Purrs and healing thoughts to your Grandma and you all on the loss of a
sweet friend. Daisy will be missed by everyone who knew her.

Pam, Rob, and the NC nine
Old December 27th 03, 11:01 PM
lrulan

We will light a candle for Daisy's safe journey to the RB. She will be happy
there. Give your gran a hug from us.
Jazz & his mama

--

Irulan