kitty radio

Old February 24th 05, 05:53 AM
John Doe

Default kitty radio

I've been doing this for many years, bringing the outside sounds
inside for my inside only cats. The easiest way is to use a
baby/infant room monitor. You put the microphone part outside a
window or door where it won't get wet, and put the receiver part
inside your room/house. If you know an electronics techie friend, he
(or she) can easily connect the receiver to a powered computer
speaker. That makes a much better sound.

My new male cat, kitty has been here about one year. At the moment he
is lying less than one foot from the speaker with his ear pointing at
it. I think he likes it. They all do. Sometimes it takes some
perception, other times it is easy to tell. Keeping the volume very
low at first is a good idea.

Don't expect inexpensive room monitors to transmit more than 20 or 30
feet. My cheap Fisher-Price room monitor is clear at short range, and
sounds great connected to a computer speaker.

Have fun.

Old February 24th 05, 06:57 AM
John Doe

Tough guy wanna-be, blatant troll.

From: "Mary" marys @catlovernospam.com
Newsgroups: rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Subject: kitty radio

Old February 24th 05, 09:09 PM
Priscilla H. Ballou

Mary wrote:

"John Doe" wrote in message
[...]

Huh? That sounds like a good idea. What's your problem with it?

Priscilla
Old February 24th 05, 09:48 PM
Mary

"Priscilla H. Ballou" wrote in message
Mary wrote:

"John Doe" wrote in message
[...]

Read Joe's other posts, that precede this.

Old February 24th 05, 11:13 PM
Priscilla H. Ballou

Mary wrote:

"Priscilla H. Ballou" wrote in message
Huh? That sounds like a good idea. What's your problem with it?

Read Joe's other posts, that precede this.

All I saw was a question about ferals, which I replied to.

Priscilla
Old February 24th 05, 11:16 PM
Priscilla H. Ballou

"Priscilla H. Ballou" wrote:

Mary wrote:

"Priscilla H. Ballou" wrote in message
Huh? That sounds like a good idea. What's your problem with it?

Read Joe's other posts, that precede this.

All I saw was a question about ferals, which I replied to.

OK, I looked at some others. He seems like an ordinary cat person. He
doesn't like you, but then do you expect everyone to? Your behavior is
a bit outrageous, even you must acknowledge.

Priscilla
Old February 24th 05, 11:23 PM
Mary

"Priscilla H. Ballou" wrote:

Mary wrote:

"Priscilla H. Ballou" wrote in message
Huh? That sounds like a good idea. What's your problem with it?

Read Joe's other posts, that precede this.

All I saw was a question about ferals, which I replied to.

OK, I looked at some others. He seems like an ordinary cat person.

Take another look.

Post #1:

John Doe" wrote in message
... Looking for experiences.

Have you ever hung anything from the ceiling for your cat to play with?
How did it go? Is it still available? How is it going?

Have you ever hung anything from the ceiling substantial enough so that
your cat could grab on to the thing and lift itself up from underneath?

2. I answered:

"Mary" wrote in message
news:1109178437.c9f6259e745340f4bb467902c6cc63db@t eranews...

"John Doe" wrote in message
Looking for experiences.

Have you ever hung anything from the ceiling for your cat to play with?
How did it go? Is it still available? How is it going?

Have you ever hung anything from the ceiling substantial enough so that
your cat could grab on to the thing and lift itself up from underneath?

I think I would be worried about the cat hanging itself
somehow.

3. Brandy answered him this way:

"Brandy Alexandre" wrote in message
news:1109184658.a3b599c747c67a88cbeac35d16536ab2@t eranews...
John Doe wrote in
rec.pets.cats.health+behav:

Looking for experiences.

Have you ever hung anything from the ceiling for your cat to play
with? How did it go? Is it still available? How is it going?

Have you ever hung anything from the ceiling substantial enough so
that your cat could grab on to the thing and lift itself up from
underneath?

Kami is not allowed any toys with string. Period. She eats string as
a snack.

4. Monique answered him this way:

Monique Y. Mudama" wrote in message
... On 2005-02-23, Brandy
Alexandre penned:

Kami is not allowed any toys with string. Period. She eats string as a
snack.

Oscar too. She's eaten the string part of a "fishing pole" type toy

(ignored
the toy, though) and a woven nylon cat leash (no, not while she was on

it).
Sigh.

Her new cat tree even came with a dangly toy, but I had to remove it

because
as soon as she noticed it, she went for the string and started chewing.

No
attention paid to the mousie on the end.

*sigh*

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

5.) He answered me:

John Doe" wrote in message
... "Mary"
wrote:
"John Doe" wrote

Looking for experiences.

I think I would be worried about the cat hanging itself somehow.

That's your experience?

newssvr30.news.prodigy.com!newsdbm05.news.prodigy. com!newscon03.news.prodigy
..com!newsmst01a.news.prodigy.com!prodigy.com!news con02.news.prodigy.com!prod
igy.net!news.glorb.com!newsfeed-east.nntpserver.com!nntpserver.com!manticore
..nntpserver.com.POSTED!teranews!not-for-mail
From: "Mary" marys @catlovernospam.com
Newsgroups: rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Subject: hanging something from the ceiling?

portal listed above.

fraudulent.
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2005 12:09:13 -0500

Now then, was this justified by my "outrageou" answer to him that
I might worry about the cat hanging? Or this, to Brandy:

6. "Brandy Alexandre" wrote:
John Doe wrote

Looking for experiences.

Kami is not allowed any toys with string. Period. She eats string
as a snack.

That's your experience with toys hanging from the ceiling?

--
BrandyÿÿAlexandre©
http://www.swydm.com/?refer=BrandyAlx

newssvr30.news.prodigy.com!newsdbm05.news.prodigy. com!newsdst02.news.prodigy
..com!newsmst01a.news.prodigy.com!prodigy.com!news con02.news.prodigy.com!prod
igy.net!newshosting.com!nx01.iad01.newshosting.com !newsfeed-east.nntpserver.
com!nntpserver.com!manticore.nntpserver.com.POSTED !teranews!not-for-mail
Newsgroups: rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Subject: toys: hanging something from the ceiling?
From: "BrandyÿAlexandre" brandyalx @kittylittercomcast.net
$(3?|_NQ7LfQ

portal listed above.

fraudulent.
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2005 18:50:58 GMT

Or this, to Monique?:

On 2005-02-23, BrandyÿAlexandre penned:

(The original post was asking for experiences with toys hanging from
the ceiling)

Kami is not allowed any toys with string. Period. She eats
string as a snack.

Oscar too. She's eaten the string part of a "fishing pole" type
toy (ignored the toy, though) and a woven nylon cat leash (no, not
while she was on it). Sigh.
Her new cat tree even came with a dangly toy, but I had to remove
it because as soon as she noticed it, she went for the string and
started chewing. No attention paid to the mousie on the end.
*sigh*

So you throw up your hands as if you're helpless to do anything
about it. As if there is no way to adapt, you are a victim of
circumstance? Must be rough having to take everything the way you
buy it without being able to modify anything. But seriously, I guess
it's good to know, I feel so capable.

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

newssvr30.news.prodigy.com!newsdbm05.news.prodigy. com!newsdst02.news.prodigy
..com!newsmst01a.news.prodigy.com!prodigy.com!news con02.news.prodigy.com!prod
igy.net!news.glorb.com!logbridge.uoregon.edu!newsf eed.stanford.edu!sn-xit-02
!sn-xit-01!sn-post-01!supernews.com!corp.supernews.com!home.bounceswo osh.org
!news
From: "Monique Y. Mudama" spam @bounceswoosh.org
Newsgroups: rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2005 14:28:46 -0700
1109184658.a3b599c747c67a88cbeac35d16536ab2@teran ews

Not just his asshole replied but his posting of everyone's headers.
Can you say TROLL Priscilla? He pops in every now and then.

He
doesn't like you, but then do you expect everyone to? Your behavior is
a bit outrageous, even you must acknowledge.

Really? Well how about you **** off too, then. :O)

Flexible Kitty Fat Freddy Cat anecdotes 38 November 19th 04 06:09 AM
Fisticuffs Christina Websell Cat anecdotes 18 November 18th 04 12:40 PM
Bad Kitty Day Bobcat Cat anecdotes 3 October 24th 04 06:24 PM
Picture of my kitty..... Gandalf Cat anecdotes 22 May 8th 04 04:43 PM
A Gift from Mai Kitty David Cat anecdotes 20 May 2nd 04 09:50 PM