OT SIL surgery update

Old December 14th 06, 11:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Annie Wxill

Default OT SIL surgery update

Our son-in-law is home with an immobile and numb shoulder and pain pills for
when the numbness wears off. He also brought home a video of the surgery,
but we said we'd bring popcorn and watch it some other time. We were kidding
him about how we could say a lot of stuff that he did or said and he
wouldn't know which we made up because he'd be too woozy to remember.

Thanks for the purrs and encouragement.

Annie

Old December 14th 06, 11:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Annie Wxill wrote:

Our son-in-law is home with an immobile and numb shoulder and pain pills for
when the numbness wears off. He also brought home a video of the surgery,
but we said we'd bring popcorn and watch it some other time. We were kidding
him about how we could say a lot of stuff that he did or said and he
wouldn't know which we made up because he'd be too woozy to remember.

LOL - I guess that's the wave of the future. Doctors can't crack nasty
jokes about the patient anymore, and family and friends can't screw with
the patient's head anymore, either.

But I sure wouldn't want to watch that while I was still recovering!

I'm glad he's OK!

Joyce

Old December 15th 06, 12:56 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Annie Wxill

wrote in message

But I sure wouldn't want to watch that while I was still recovering!
I'm glad he's OK!
Joyce

Thanks, Joyce. His mother is a scrub nurse for a different doctor who does
the same kind of surgery. She'll be up for a few days, so I guess we'll get
a blow-by-blow description when we see the video.
Annie

Old December 15th 06, 02:39 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matthew

Glad everything is ok. Continuing purrs for him and you all to have a Merry
Christmas

The other part this is a little off topic but funny. I had a friend that
went into surgery quite a long time ago. He had a very jealous wife and
when he was coming out of the anesthetic. His wife said I love you Larry he
said I love you Diane her name was Maria she went apeSh@t. When he
recovered fully she read him the riot, act chewed him a new a@@. She filed
for divorce the whole works.
He of course was upset but laughed at her and said he would have the
last laugh. They went to court she told the judge everything that happened.
The judge asked him did he have an affair he said yes. He had been in love
with her all his life and always would be. The judge was puzzled about this
and asked why he would admit to something like this in open court most
people lie and try to hide the fact. Larry smiled the biggest sh@t eating
grin I have ever seen him do. He said you want the truth here it is. Larry
said, "Diana is my mother" and I will always love her. Sometimes something
like messing with a person fresh out of surgery can comes back and bites
you in the a@@. Just my little story for everyone to have a laugh. :-)

Old December 15th 06, 03:03 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Annie Wxill

"Matthew" wrote in message
..... Sometimes something like messing with a person fresh out of surgery
can comes back and bites you in the a@@. Just my little story for everyone
to have a laugh. :-)

Merry Christmas to you, also, Matthew.

Thanks for the laugh. We'll heed the warning.

Annie

Old December 15th 06, 03:29 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Julie and Sam

"Annie Wxill" wrote in message
Our son-in-law is home with an immobile and numb shoulder and pain pills
for when the numbness wears off. He also brought home a video of the
surgery, but we said we'd bring popcorn and watch it some other time. We
were kidding him about how we could say a lot of stuff that he did or said
and he wouldn't know which we made up because he'd be too woozy to
remember.

Thanks for the purrs and encouragement.

Annie

Annie,
I'm behind in posting purrs but I've been thinking of your SIL today and I'm
glad to hear he is home recovering. We will continue to send recovery purrs
that he feels very little pain and gets full use of his shoulder when all is
done.

About 15 years ago Rusty had surgery on his knee to repair torn ligaments
from previous skydiving adventures. They gave him a video of his surgery.
The optic camera was attached to the end of the cutting device. It looked
like a little shark chewing away at tissue. No blood or gore at all,
thankfully.

Purrs for you all,
Julie, Hobbes, Lacey, Sam and Barnabus

Old December 15th 06, 03:33 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Annie Wxill

"Julie and Sam" wrote in message
. ..
The optic camera was attached to the end of the cutting device. It looked
like a little shark chewing away at tissue. .. Julie, Hobbes, Lacey, Sam
and Barnabus

Thanks, Julie. I had to laugh at the shark chewing description. I'll pass
it on,

Annie

Old December 15th 06, 05:42 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jo Firey

"Annie Wxill" wrote in message
Our son-in-law is home with an immobile and numb shoulder and pain pills
for when the numbness wears off. He also brought home a video of the
surgery, but we said we'd bring popcorn and watch it some other time. We
were kidding him about how we could say a lot of stuff that he did or said
and he wouldn't know which we made up because he'd be too woozy to
remember.

Thanks for the purrs and encouragement.

Annie

I'll bet the surgeons really like being able to provide that. Most of them
are so proud of their work and their primary audience is out cold during the
whole thing.

I know one of my surgeons just loved showing me pictures afterwards.

Jo