Stinky Pictures!

Old March 16th 04, 04:45 PM
Bobcat

"Kreisleriana" wrote in message
On Tue, 16 Mar 2004 09:43:39 -0500, "Bobcat"
yodeled:

"Kreisleriana" wrote in message
.. .

Here he is, his Black and White Pinky Noseness!
http://community.webshots.com/album/125591586JWEFwh
Theresa

He's gorgeous- did you once say you rescued him from the New York subway
tracks? If so, it's impossible to believe it today. I love his attack on

the
Christmas wrapping - it's similar to our Emily's never-ending battle with
rolls of paper towelling.
BobKitty

Yes, that's true, although I hate to think about it. Hi, BobKitty.

Theresa

Hi yourself. Haven't we met before somewhere? ;)
BK

Old March 16th 04, 06:16 PM
m. L. Briggs

On Tue, 16 Mar 2004 09:16:54 -0500, Kreisleriana
wrote:

On Tue, 16 Mar 2004 03:47:02 GMT, yodeled:

m. L. Briggs wrote:

He is a beautiful cat. Too bad his name doesn't fit.

I'd say it's a *good* thing his name doesn't fit.

Although, we can't really tell, can we? He *looks* great, but how
does he smell?

Joyce

He has absolutely no smell-- his body, anyway. It's quite remarkable.
you can put your nose right up against him, take a good long pull, and
smell-- absolutely nothing.

When I brought him home, he was a scraggly, skinny six-month-old with
rough, sticky fur, a long skinny neck, enormous ears, a bad case of
FAR, and left prodigiously smelly things in the litter box. He also
had the sweetest, friendliest, most trusting, relaxed, beautiful
disposition imaginable. I took him to the vet to be cleaned up amd
neutered, and when I went to get him, the vet tech said "Oh, everyone
here LOVES him! He is the sweetest little fella."

He was then, and he is now, except it didn't take long for his looks
to match his personality. A friend of mine says that Stinky "glows
with amiability," and he really does.

Theresa
alt.tv.frasier FAQ:
http://www.im-listening.net/FAQ/

Single-mindedness is all very well in cows or baboons; in an animal
claiming to belong to the same species as Shakespeare it is simply disgraceful.
(Aldous Huxley)

So, if you were to rename him what would it be? Do you have a "love
name" for him? MLB
Old March 16th 04, 07:31 PM
Kreisleriana

On Tue, 16 Mar 2004 10:16:22 -0700, m. L. Briggs
yodeled:

m. L. Briggs wrote:

[...]

I wouldn't rename him.

But I call him Stinkycat, or Stink or Monsieur Stinky, or Monsieur Le
Stinkitude, or Mr. Stinky, or Stinkadink, or Stinkybutt. I call him
Dr. Stinky sometimes, and when my nephew was born, I called him Uncle
Stinky. Or Loudmouth, or Nosy, or Little PinkyNose. Or Monster, or
Picklepuss, or Banana (I don't know why), and Ketzel. I call him
Nutball and Goofball, and Dingbat quite a lot.
I also call him Stinky Dear, and Stinky Baby.

Theresa

Old March 16th 04, 08:23 PM
m. L. Briggs

m. L. Briggs wrote:

[...]

There is a story on the newsgroup about a cat (RB) named Banana .
Arthur Shapiro, who writes in occasionally, is the author. It is a
great story --- i f you can find it, read his other stories also. I
have it bookmarked, but cannot find the URL.
Old March 16th 04, 08:23 PM

Kreisleriana wrote:

But I call him Stinkycat, or Stink or Monsieur Stinky, or Monsieur Le
Stinkitude, or Mr. Stinky, or Stinkadink, or Stinkybutt. I call him
Dr. Stinky sometimes, and when my nephew was born, I called him Uncle
Stinky. Or Loudmouth, or Nosy, or Little PinkyNose. Or Monster, or
Picklepuss, or Banana (I don't know why), and Ketzel. I call him
Nutball and Goofball, and Dingbat quite a lot.
I also call him Stinky Dear, and Stinky Baby.

Wow, that's quite a repertoire! This guy isn't hurting for names.

Ketzel is Yiddish for kitten - is it also German? My grandmother used
to call me "ketzela" all the time. I had no idea it meant kitten - I
thought it had something to do with kettles.

Joyce
Old March 17th 04, 12:32 AM
Steve Touchstone

On Tue, 16 Mar 2004 12:23:27 -0700, m. L. Briggs
wrote:

There is a story on the newsgroup about a cat (RB) named Banana .
Arthur Shapiro, who writes in occasionally, is the author. It is a
great story --- i f you can find it, read his other stories also. I
have it bookmarked, but cannot find the URL.

Here it is:
http://members.cox.net/mybrainhurts/BananaStory.htm
--
Steve Touchstone,

[remove Junk for email]
Home Page:
Old March 17th 04, 12:37 AM
Kreisleriana

On Tue, 16 Mar 2004 17:32:51 -0600, Steve Touchstone
yodeled:

http://members.cox.net/mybrainhurts/BananaStory.htm

Sad story about a lovely cat. Glad she had some years of comfort,
love and peace.

Theresa

Old March 22nd 04, 11:32 PM
polonca12000

What an elegant kitty! (As you can see, I'm way behind in looking at the
pics.)
Best wishes,
--
Polonca & Soncek

Old March 23rd 04, 12:05 AM
Kreisleriana

On Mon, 22 Mar 2004 23:32:28 +0100, "polonca12000"
yodeled:

What an elegant kitty! (As you can see, I'm way behind in looking at the
pics.)
Best wishes,

Thanks, and aren't you sweet. He's a big old sprawling slob (but
also very beautiful)

Theresa