Cat herding

Old February 8th 06, 03:26 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Cat herding

Jo Firey wrote:
"Helen Miles" wrote in message
news:5da7e7f7daeda6eeb6ad6f2af175e578.76411@mygate .mailgate.org...
Cracking video.

Helen M

Love the part with the lint roller.

Jo

When I was sitting my first day in the insurance licensing class I was
wearing black jeans and constantly picking grey Persia fur off my pants.
Every time I looked down I had cat fur on me; it was like Persia was there
in spirit rubbing up against my legs! I *so* wanted to ask the instructor,
do you have any sticky tape? LOL

Jill

Old February 8th 06, 03:34 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Jeanne Hedge wrote:
On Tue, 7 Feb 2006 21:57:26 -0000, "Adrian" wrote:

Helen Miles wrote:
Cracking video.

Helen M

An old one but a good one, I first saw that in 2000 :-)

Is it the EDS Super Bowl ad? I also liked the follow-up (or was Cat
Herders the follow-up?), "Running With Squirrels"

I think it was a Super Bowl ad around 2000. It's been around for a few
years now. Another thing I like about this is they have the guy saying, "I
got this one right here" (pointing to a scratch) "and" he points to the man
next to him, "you look at him and he's just ripped to shreds!" But the guy
"ripped to shreds" is holding and petting a cat and you can hear the cat
purring in the microphone (prrrr, prrrr, prrr)... that cat isn't upset! That
cat is in heaven being petted even though it's on top of a horse LOL

Jill

Old February 8th 06, 04:21 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

At the time that came out, there was a possibility I might work for that
company. My employer at the time had outsourced their mainframe data
processing to them, and most of us were offered jobs with EDS. After having
worked with them for several months, I decided I didn't like the way they
operated and I declined the job offer. I heard from several of the people
who accepted that I made a good decision.

I do like that commercial, though!

Sandy

Old February 8th 06, 08:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

I'd seen photos from that ad, but never the ad itself, and I was glad
to have a chance to see it. =o) Maybe the company isn't perfect, but I
like the imagination and effort they put into that particular
commercial. My clowder didn't act particularly impressed, though. Too
busy basking in the morning sun on the couch to come watch.

Melissa