The Furminator

Old May 14th 16, 01:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default The Furminator

Nope, I'm not spamming and I don't get paid for this. But I really like
this cat grooming tool.

Buffy is a moggie, an American Short Hair. Short hair? Sure. But she
has a very thick, heavy coat. She sheds constantly. Pet her, run your
hand across her back, fur comes wafting off. Achoo!!

This grooming tool is the best thing I've found for combing that thick
undercoat. And she absolutely loves the grooming sessions, which, in
her case, occur at least weekly. She purrs, she rolls into me, she does
the elevator butt thing on purpose so I can get to her back and tail. It
must feel a bit to her like being given scritches.

The amount of excess fur this grooming tool removes is utterly amazing.
I highly recommend the Furminator if you have a cat that sheds a lot.

Jill
Old May 14th 16, 04:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL[_2_]

On 5/14/2016 7:34 AM, jmcquown wrote:
Nope, I'm not spamming and I don't get paid for this. But I really like
this cat grooming tool.

Buffy is a moggie, an American Short Hair. Short hair? Sure. But she
has a very thick, heavy coat. She sheds constantly. Pet her, run your
hand across her back, fur comes wafting off. Achoo!!

This grooming tool is the best thing I've found for combing that thick
undercoat. And she absolutely loves the grooming sessions, which, in
her case, occur at least weekly. She purrs, she rolls into me, she does
the elevator butt thing on purpose so I can get to her back and tail. It
must feel a bit to her like being given scritches.

The amount of excess fur this grooming tool removes is utterly amazing.
I highly recommend the Furminator if you have a cat that sheds a lot.

Jill

I have one, and you're right--they're great! The amount of fur they
remove (3 cast--2 long hair and one short hair) is amazing. I could be
in business if anyone wanted pillows stuffed with cat fur instead of
goose down.

MaryL

Old May 14th 16, 08:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 5/14/2016 11:53 AM, MaryL wrote:
[...]

Exactly! I could probably knit another cat (if I knew how to knit) from
the fur I get off Buffy with that de-shedding tool.

Jill
Old May 18th 16, 12:53 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

jmcquown wrote:

[...]

Does the Furminator make any noise? (I'm trying to determine whether
Licky would be afraid of it.)

--
Joyce

- Mommy loves you too my sweaty litter baby fire
- Ummm what mom?
- MY SWEET LITTLE BABY GIRL!! sorry honey!
-- damnyouautocorrect.com
Old May 18th 16, 01:20 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL[_2_]

On 5/17/2016 6:53 PM, Bastette wrote:
jmcquown wrote:

[...]

No, the furminator is simply a tool for bruching/combing a cat or dog
and helping with deshedding. There are a variety of sizes available.
There is one type that can be attached to a vacuum, but I have never
used (or even seen) that version.

Here is a site with a video shown how it is used:
http://www.furminator.com/pet-deshed...ons-tools.aspx

MaryL

Old May 18th 16, 01:22 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL[_2_]

On 5/17/2016 7:20 PM, MaryL wrote:
On 5/17/2016 6:53 PM, Bastette wrote:

Does the Furminator make any noise? (I'm trying to determine whether
Licky would be afraid of it.)

No, the furminator is simply a tool for bruching/combing a cat or dog
and helping with deshedding. There are a variety of sizes available.
There is one type that can be attached to a vacuum, but I have never
used (or even seen) that version.

Here is a site with a video shown how it is used:
http://www.furminator.com/pet-deshed...ons-tools.aspx

MaryL

Ooops! It's obvious that I need to do some proofreading. I meant to
say that it is a tool for "brushing/combing."

MaryL

Old May 18th 16, 06:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy[_3_]

On 5/18/2016 7:22 AM, Adrian wrote:
MaryL wrote:
On 5/17/2016 7:20 PM, MaryL wrote:
On 5/17/2016 6:53 PM, Bastette wrote:

Does the Furminator make any noise? (I'm trying to determine whether
Licky would be afraid of it.)

No, the furminator is simply a tool for bruching/combing a cat or dog
and helping with deshedding. There are a variety of sizes available.
There is one type that can be attached to a vacuum, but I have never
used (or even seen) that version.

Here is a site with a video shown how it is used:
http://www.furminator.com/pet-deshed...ons-tools.aspx

MaryL

Ooops! It's obvious that I need to do some proofreading. I meant to
say that it is a tool for "brushing/combing."

MaryL

LOL I didn't notice the typo until you pointed it out.

I didn't either.
Old May 25th 16, 06:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"jmcquown" wrote in message
Nope, I'm not spamming and I don't get paid for this. But I really like
this cat grooming tool.

Buffy is a moggie, an American Short Hair. Short hair? Sure. But she
has a very thick, heavy coat. She sheds constantly. Pet her, run your
hand across her back, fur comes wafting off. Achoo!!

This grooming tool is the best thing I've found for combing that thick
undercoat. And she absolutely loves the grooming sessions, which, in her
case, occur at least weekly. She purrs, she rolls into me, she does the
elevator butt thing on purpose so I can get to her back and tail. It must
feel a bit to her like being given scritches.

The amount of excess fur this grooming tool removes is utterly amazing. I
highly recommend the Furminator if you have a cat that sheds a lot.

Jill

Now I'm here for a moment, I have never tried the Furminator, don't even
know if you can get it here? I use a Zoom Groom on Boyfie, it pulls his
loose hair out with rubber fingers and providing I croon to him that it's
lovely, he agrees with me and will turn over to have his tummy done, which
is amazing. He loves the sensation of massage it gives.

Old May 25th 16, 09:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL[_2_]

"jmcquown" wrote in message
[...]

Yes, Zoom Groom is great. Furminator and Zoom Groom are my two favorite
tools.

MaryL

The Furminator jmcquown[_2_] Cat anecdotes 16 July 28th 10 04:59 PM
The Furminator LauraM[_2_] Cat health & behaviour 16 August 27th 08 09:53 PM
Finally got a Furminator MaryL Cat anecdotes 5 May 23rd 07 11:04 AM
The Furminator? Sherry Cat anecdotes 13 April 18th 07 11:30 AM
Furminator Karen Cat anecdotes 7 August 16th 06 07:25 PM