HELP... Fever and Not Eating

Old September 9th 03, 10:32 PM
Mavalon

Default HELP... Fever and Not Eating

Greetings All,

I have a 5 year old neutered male cat who is a very special part of
our family. Monday morning, we noticed strange behaviour - not
eating, lifeless, depressed, glassy eyes, etc. He also urinated
outside his litterbox which he has never done before. We monitored
him over the next 24 hours and since he did not get any better we
brought him into the vet first thing this morning. The vet said he
had a fever and was concerned that he was not eating so she
hospitalized him with antibiotics, iv, and pending bloodwork. I'm
supposed to call at 3:00 today for an update. I have been reading as
much as I can over the past couple of hours and have seen these
symptoms associated with fatty liver, FIP and the like, and I'm am
sick to death with worry for our guy.

Are these symptoms also common with non life threatening illnesses?
I'm so hopeful that he'll immediately respond to treatment and get
back to being his normal self, but is this realistic considering his
symptoms? God forbid, should I be preparing myself to possibly lose
him in a matter of hours or days?

Sick with worry,
Jill
Old September 9th 03, 10:52 PM
Karen Chuplis

There are all kinds of treatable and more serious things it could be. Just
plain not feeling well could cause the urinating. Has he had shots lately?
Good luck and keep us posted on the bloodwork.

Karen
m...