OT - An 'apology' to the M.E.

Old July 4th 04, 06:11 PM
Victor Martinez

Default OT - An 'apology' to the M.E.

Magic Mood Jeep© wrote:
don't agree with some of the individual statements (and I guess I'm
apologizing in advance to those individuals on this group who might be
offended by it):

If you knew beforehand it would offend people here, why post it in the
first place?

apology. Deep down inside when most Americans saw this reported in the news
we were like .. so what? We lost hundreds and made fun at a few prisoners.

This country is indeed in worse shape than I thought if this sentiment
is shared by many people.

If you want an apology from this American your gonna have a long wait. You
have a better chance of finding those 72 virgins

Yeah, American arrogance is as big as its military power.

Interesting how the author failed to mention all the bad things
americans have done, not only in the middle east, but in the entire
world. There's plenty of blame to go around, trust me.

--
Victor Martinez
Send your spam he

Old July 4th 04, 07:45 PM
Sherry

I got this in an email a while back, and thought I would post it here as it
sorta falls into what the "Happy July 4th" threat has become. I don't know
the accuracy of all the statements, and while I agree with the gist of it, I
don't agree with some of the individual statements (and I guess I'm
apologizing in advance to those individuals on this group who might be
offended by it):

Apology accepted. But I don't think this groups is the place for that kind of
propaganda. I read it as an attempt to justify the mistreatment of prisoners,
which is something that goes against everything I thought we stood for. IMO,
apologizing for treating human beings worse than animals isn't entirely a bad
idea. **Not* apologizing would rather indicate there was nothing done wrong,
nothing to be remorseful about. Which would about put us wallowing in the same
muck, on the same level, right along with the "enemy."

The remark about the French was as stupid as "Freedom Fries."

Sherry

Old July 4th 04, 08:29 PM
Kreisleriana

On Sun, 04 Jul 2004 16:04:20 GMT, "Magic Mood Jeep©"
yodeled:

I got this in an email a while back, and thought I would post it here as it
sorta falls into what the "Happy July 4th" threat has become.

I'm not offended, but I must confess I'm puzzled. We weren't
discussing the war here recently to start with, and I think that's
probably just as well. This is a very provocative piece of writing.
Why post it here at all?

Theresa

Old July 5th 04, 12:14 AM
Yowie

We are responsible for our actions, whether they be good or bad. Previous
actions, and the actions of others do not - indeed cannot - lessen this
responsibility. If we have erred, we and we are alone are responsible for
that error.

If we have done the wrong thing, we should try to make amends. Waiting for
others - who we condemn as savages, barbarians, and evil doers - to admit
fault before we do is childish and immature, in fact it shows that we are
absolutely no better than them

Adults accept the fact that they've screwed up, deal with the consequences,
and move on. Spoilt little brats say "but they started it", "it wasn't my
fault", "they made me do it", "why blame me, they do it all the time", "yes,
but they're worse", and every other excuse in the book to avoid admitting
liability.

Which one are we?

Yowie

Old July 6th 04, 02:15 PM
Adrian

Yowie wrote:
[...]

As usual, a very eloquent reply from Yowie.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy, Milo & Bagheera)
A house is not a home, without a cat.