Bittie update

Old October 29th 05, 12:34 AM
Victor Martinez

Default Bittie update

Helen Miles wrote:
She goes in for an op to remove the eye on Monday or Tuesday. In the
meantime, she's on antibiotics and lots of TLC.

Awwww... lots of purrs for a swift recovery.

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old October 29th 05, 12:55 AM
Lucy's Mom

Many purrs and prayers for Miss Whiskers!!! Keep us posted...

Lucy's Mom and the rest of the Chigger Ranch Crew
On Fri, 28 Oct 2005 20:46:09 +0000 (UTC), "Helen Miles"
wrote:

Well, Bittie is at Chez Miles. From the sounds of it, she's (I'll call
her a she, because that is what everyone thinks she is) had quite the
adventure. (

She was found in a rubbish skip this morning, and had a badly
burst/ulcerated eye and a lot of blood all over her. She was immediately
taken to the vet, who has discharged her this afternoon to regroup for
eye surgery on Monday or Tuesday. (Her left eye will be removed).
Because the vet called the RSPCA because of the cruelty aspect, they
became involved and came and collected the kitten from the vet. Cats
Protection threw (quite understandably) a complete sh1t fit, and rang
the RSPCA and demanded the kitten back. The RSPCA agreed because the
paperwork said it belonged to CP and so the swap was done in a B&Q (Home
Depot) carpark. Don't ask. She then found her way to me.

A very dirty, scruffy, long haired tabby and white baby, who purrs as
soon as you touch her. That's the bit that upset me the most. She
presses into your hand as soon as you start scritching and asks for more
and purrs hard. She also has very fine pair of lungs and a squeaky
hoarse meow.

I've nicknamed her Miss Whiskers, because she does have a very
impressive set of whiskers. )

She goes in for an op to remove the eye on Monday or Tuesday. In the
meantime, she's on antibiotics and lots of TLC.

Helen M

Old October 29th 05, 02:41 AM
Susan M

Otis and Chester send their very strongest of get well purrs to Miss
Whiskers. We all wish her the best with her surgery and recovery and
finding her forever home. She sounds like a real love.

Susan M
Otis and Chester
Feeling teary for poor Miss Whiskers

news:e5e40f9d3683563689d1a1a6b672415d.76411@mygate .mailgate.org...

Old October 29th 05, 03:00 AM
Sandy

Rebecca says to tell her that there is definitely life for kitties after
losing an eye. When I got her, Rebecca was missing an eye and a couple of
teeth, and had a badly injured shoulder. It took her quite a while to get
used to being here, but now she, too, is very affectionate.

Good luck with the little one, and I hope the surgery goes well.

Sandy

Old October 29th 05, 03:49 AM
badwilson

Purrs for her to be ok. She'll manage fine with one eye, Waffles
does!
--
Britta
"There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast." -- Unknown

Old October 29th 05, 03:56 AM
Jo Firey

"Helen Miles" wrote in message
news:e5e40f9d3683563689d1a1a6b672415d.76411@mygate .mailgate.org...
Well, Bittie is at Chez Miles. From the sounds of it, she's (I'll call
her a she, because that is what everyone thinks she is) had quite the
adventure. (

She goes in for an op to remove the eye on Monday or Tuesday. In the
meantime, she's on antibiotics and lots of TLC.

I'm sure she will do fine. But I do sympathize. I'm virtually blind in one
eye so I have almost no depth perception. I would think that could be a big
problem for a cat. It sure kept me from pilot training.

We are glad she is purring, and are sending more purrs from rainy
California.

Jo

Old October 29th 05, 05:48 AM
Marina

Helen Miles wrote:

A very dirty, scruffy, long haired tabby and white baby, who purrs as
soon as you touch her. That's the bit that upset me the most. She
presses into your hand as soon as you start scritching and asks for more
and purrs hard.

tears I'm so glad she is with you now.

--
Marina, Frank, Miranda and Caliban. In loving memory of Nikki.
marina (dot) kurten (at) iki (dot) fi
Old October 29th 05, 11:39 AM
Adrian

Helen Miles wrote:
[...]

I'm so glad she's now getting the care she needs, and deserves. Apart from
the eye, I've no doubt that now she will fully recover.

Did you see the item on 'Newsnight' about the RSPCA? I've been concerned
before about their powers and how easily they are abused.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
A House is not a home, without a cat.

Old October 29th 05, 07:15 PM
Ann

Purrs on the way.
Ann

see pictures of Sam at
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/ann791/my_photos

Old October 29th 05, 08:10 PM
Jeanette

Helen Miles wrote in message
news:e5e40f9d3683563689d1a1a6b672415d.76411@mygate .mailgate.org...

She goes in for an op to remove the eye on Monday or Tuesday. In the
meantime, she's on antibiotics and lots of TLC.

Helen M

And knowing you, it will be the finest TLC going. She sounds beautiful.

As the owner of a one eyed tabby and white, I'm sure she will find a new
home very quickly.

Jeanette