Peeking out again

Old November 11th 05, 03:28 AM
Marina

Default Peeking out again

Helen C Simmons wrote:

"Nan" wrote in message

Dentists of the female persuasion are the best kind. Mine is
fantastic. Expensive but fantastic.

Thankfully mine's an NHS dentist - so I've still got to cough up dosh,
but not as much as if I'd been a private patient.

So glad you found a good dentist! I found one last year, too, and she
just sent me a reminder about my check-up. This is the first time in my
life that I quite look forward to having my annual check-up!

Purrs for Vernon's health problems to clear up. Has he tried drinking
cranberry juice for the kidney problems?

He is about to turn into a cranberry. I bought loads and I keep saying
"Drink! Drink!"

LOL! Hope it helps.

It's good that there are some members of the household who are fit. I
hope Waffles has been a good nurse for you both.

Waffles is being a great nurse. Plenty of medicinal mousies being
supplied...

Frank: That's me Waffles! Always giving her hoomins the best care possible.

--
Marina, Frank, Miranda and Caliban. In loving memory of Nikki.
marina (dot) kurten (at) iki (dot) fi
Old November 11th 05, 09:41 AM
Debbie Wilson

Helen C Simmons wrote:

Thankfully mine's an NHS dentist - so I've still got to cough up dosh, but
not as much as if I'd been a private patient.

Blimey - where did you find one of those??? been looking for 8 years now
and there isn't one to be had, not nowhere.

Deb.
--
http://www.scientific-art.com

Old November 11th 05, 09:50 AM
Helen C Simmons

"Irulan" wrote in message
HEY! Are you ok? And your hubby and son? We were worried about you!
Lily & her mama
Jazz, RB

Thanks - on the mend, sort of. Vernon still not too good, but the way we see
it - there's a lot worse off than we are.

Cheers, helen s

Old November 11th 05, 09:52 AM
Helen C Simmons

"Debbie Wilson" wrote in message
Helen C Simmons wrote:

Thankfully mine's an NHS dentist - so I've still got to cough up dosh,
but
not as much as if I'd been a private patient.

Blimey - where did you find one of those??? been looking for 8 years now
and there isn't one to be had, not nowhere.

Deb.

I've been exceptionally fortunate. One of Vernon's clients is a dentist. He
advised on the process of How To Be Seen via NHS route. Basically he told us
where the dental hospital clinic is that runs an emergency service. So I
went there. To cut a long story short - the dentist I saw there was AWFUL -
had me reduced to tears in the car park... (this was *not* Vernon's client
by the way). Vernon's client was not best pleased at the treatment I'd got -
so he stepped in and made an appointment for me to see the BIG CHEESE, who
happens to be a woman and an incredibly humane dentist. I just wish all
dentists were like her & Vernon's client!

For your part of the world, one suggestion I'd received was to go to Guy's
where there's a dental school and emergency dental clinic. You are seen by
the trainees, but there are supervised at all times by their teachers.

Cheers, helen s

Old November 11th 05, 09:53 AM
Helen C Simmons

"Sexocet" wrote in message

Yes, and most welcome!

Hope all's better with teeth, stones, etc. too.

Purrs
Gordon & the FF

Thanks

We are sort of on the mend. Moving in the right direction, anyhow.

Cheers, helen s

Old November 11th 05, 09:54 AM
Helen C Simmons

"Sam Nash" wrote in message

I can see you, Helen. Welcome back. How are you and how's Vernon?
Sam, closely supervised by Mistletoe

Thanks! I'm on strong antibiotics so the swelling jaw & attached pain are
subsiding. Vernon still not good, but on medications too.

Cheers, helen s

Old November 11th 05, 09:54 AM
Helen C Simmons

"Marina" wrote in message

waving Welcome back, Helen!

Frank? Frank?? Come here my sweet!!!
Purrs, PPPPPUUUUUURRRRRRRRR

Waffles

Old November 11th 05, 03:58 PM
Jeanette

Helen C Simmons wrote in message
From under my new Eye-ess-pea!

Am I back?

Cheers, helen s

Oh yes, with the full 'Helen C' as well. Congratulations on the new middle
initial.

Jeanette

Old November 11th 05, 05:51 PM
wafflycat

"Jeanette" wrote in message

Oh yes, with the full 'Helen C' as well. Congratulations on the new middle
initial.

Jeanette

Why thank you, but I've been fiddling with settings ;-)

Cheers, helen s

Old November 11th 05, 09:58 PM

I'm so glad you are back here with us, Helen.
Lots and lots of purrs and best wishes for your and Vernon's health
problems to be solved really soon,
Polonca and Soncek

Helen C Simmons wrote:
remove dependence on fame & fortune
to get correct email address
"CatNipped" wrote in message

waving I see you!

How's your mouth? And how is Vernon's kidneys?

Hugs,

CatNipped

Ah ha! I see you too!

Mouth - sore - have appointment to have the offending item removed via an
actually humane dentist. Guess what - it's a she.

Vernon still got problems. Now he's got bad gout too

Nathan is fit, as are the felines - so that's all right.

Cheers, helen s