Purring Cats Club

Old November 4th 07, 02:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Ray or Fran

Default Purring Cats Club

I'm Fran, Mom to Puddi Cat and Punkins (RB) and I hope you'll excuse my
intrusion. Puddi Cat and Punkins (RB) joined rpc before the break-up talks
and flame wars started but after the original Meowchatters started.

Anyway, I'm not good on adventuring so neither were Puddi and Punkins (RB).
They were good on purring therefore so immediately joined the Purring Cats
Club whose "mission statement" (if cats ever have a mission) was to purr for
all those in need of purrs for whatever cause. If you track our posts over
the years, and we've never left as such, you'll see they tried to purr
whenever anyone was ill or sick or post messages of condolence over the
years.

In addition they always tried to wish cats a happy purrday (however belated
it might be). (Speaking of which Meomie ... Puddi Cat butting in)
What they were good at was being accountant cats, so when there was a toona
collection for the Temple of Bast (many a year ago) they kept a tally and
gave receipts etc. If there was an election they'd tally the votes (if the
election wasn't by acclimation). That was their role (or Puddi's now).
Active in adventuring no, but in their own niche yes. Perhaps unseen, but
present nonetheless.

They always enjoyed Kissamouse, well this hoomin enjoyed the cats Kissamouse
anyway, so have participated in the Sekrit Santa program (thank you Sekrit
Santa) since it's inception. Last year I searched for and found many of the
Kissamouse Carols that some of the very talented furs in this community had
adapted over the years and posted them.

What I'm saying, is there are spots in the Community for those who are
adventurous and much more vocal then Puddi and I as well as for those, like
us, who gently purr in the background, lurking for the most part, and
purring when occasion arises.

I think there may be many more quiet cats then are realized who are in the
Community - they are just not as active as those who love adventuring. And
for the Purring Cats Club, I'm thankful - purrs of joy are wonderful, but I
for one would rather Puddi never had anyone to purr for who was sick, hurt,
financially strapped or had gone to the Bridge.

Fran and of course Puddi
..

--
Remove "spam" from addy to reply

Old November 4th 07, 07:19 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
mlbriggs

On Sun, 04 Nov 2007 14:52:35 +0000, Ray or Fran wrote:

[...]

.

Sending purrs and good wishes for Puddi and Fean. TuTu

Old November 5th 07, 12:01 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Granby

Hey puddi on diz venture we iz gonna startz againz, yourownself ken kom
alongz. Dere is an R.V. for doz who don wanna ride Motorz zycles or in
confertables. You ken jus ride and eat and bisit. (Hooman nots: There is a
certain kitty that belongs to someone named Unkle Bill who always haz
snacks.)

Old November 5th 07, 01:02 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Ms. Tess

On Mon, 05 Nov 2007 00:53:40 GMT, Bizzy
wrote:

Did sumkitty say eat and snaks? Ware?
Bizzy

HiHi Mr. Bizzy! Duz yu lyke snaks? Iz not a big eeter so yu cood say
yu wuz gittin sum snaks fur me an den yu cood eet dem tu.

Tess, waving across the continent

Old November 5th 07, 01:33 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Granby

Wellz, yoz guyz ken go and read bout da venture and den join usens for the
Eastz kost partz of it. Piglet feeling the more the merrier.

Old November 5th 07, 01:38 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Bizzy

Thayr thuh onlee fingz that matters. Heer, haff some mouse chips.
Bizzy, munching away

Old November 5th 07, 02:48 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Ellie

Aw, darnit, Ize allerjic tu mowse. I hab sum moffs onna stick I can share
wiff effurywon, tho.
PP