Heartwarming story about rescuing cats from Katrina

Old September 7th 05, 11:42 PM
MaryL

Default Heartwarming story about rescuing cats from Katrina

If you go to the front page of CNN.com and click on the "watch" section for
"rescuing cats," you will see a video that depicts the rescue of 3 cats
(after considerable trouble). I don't know of any way to post a specific
link, but I think many of you would like this article.

MaryL

Old September 8th 05, 12:21 AM

MaryL wrote:
If you go to the front page of CNN.com and click on the "watch" section for
"rescuing cats," you will see a video that depicts the rescue of 3 cats
(after considerable trouble). I don't know of any way to post a specific
link, but I think many of you would like this article.

MaryL

That's neat. Poor things. We are getting 12 dogs from La. the end of
the week. They didn't say anything about cats.

Sherry

Old September 8th 05, 02:21 AM
MaryL

wrote in message
oups.com...

MaryL wrote:
If you go to the front page of CNN.com and click on the "watch" section
for
"rescuing cats," you will see a video that depicts the rescue of 3 cats
(after considerable trouble). I don't know of any way to post a specific
link, but I think many of you would like this article.

MaryL

That's neat. Poor things. We are getting 12 dogs from La. the end of
the week. They didn't say anything about cats.

Sherry

We have a fairly large number of evacuees in town. Some came here
specifically because most of the hotels and motels permit pets (but all are
now full). Many more are staying in local relief shelters. They do not
permit pets, but pets they brought with them are being cared for. Thd
director of the local animal shelter said they cannot keep them safely
because some of the animals at the shelter are not vaccinated. However, a
combined effort by her and a number of local veterinarians has placed all of
them in boarding facilities (including those run by the veterinarians). I'm
going to take a case of Holly and Duffy's cat food (Wellness) to one of the
vets who is caring for cats from evacuees.

MaryL

Old September 8th 05, 03:56 PM
Kathrine

wrote in message
oups.com...

MaryL wrote:
[...]

This is so upsetting.. why wouldnt they rescue the cats?

Old September 9th 05, 12:55 AM
MaryL

"Kathrine" wrote in message
news:1126202204.d14c392ff721547b80064101a5b6e489@t eranews...

If you go to the front page of CNN.com and click on the "watch" section
for "rescuing cats," you will see a video that depicts the rescue of 3
cats (after considerable trouble). I don't know of any way to post a
specific link, but I think many of you would like this article.

MaryL

dumbaZZ...
there isn't anything on there about resuing cats you friggen idiot.

There was when I posted it. It was a video showing a rescue of cats -- and,
as I said in the original message, there was no way to post a specific link
just to the video because of the way CNN published it. Unfortunately, CNN
keeps some of those links just for a single day, and sometimes less.

MaryL