Can Mosey Have Some Purrs? I Need some too, please

Old March 23rd 09, 06:09 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^..^=[_2_]

Default Mosey Update: Can Mosey Have Some Purrs? I Need some too, please

"Winnie"
On Mar 22, 10:05 pm, "Kyla =^..^=" :

Oh fooey, I can't tolerate fresh pineapple at ALL, it gives me bladder
infections and other infections, And I can't afford all the
'counteractive'
supplements
I'm glad I asked. There's a line in a Pink Floyd song that says
"You know you just can't win'. I can't tolerate strawberries either, in
'any' form.
Thanks for the info.
*sigh*
Kyla.

There is still ginger and you said you can drink ginger tea, right?
Besides, ginger is cheaper and always readily available, at least over
here.

Winnie

I have some wonderful instant Ginger Tea with honey, brand name OWL
and it is so yummy. You can find it in Oriental Markets and it's not too
expensive.
I had some today and it did help my tummy and my knees both
It doesn't have much honey in it at all. Hmmm, I could use that instead of
chicken broth, which has 3 bazillion mg's of sodium, I love fresh ginger
too, grated over a salad, a baked potato, almost anything. Good for sinus
clearage too You eat a sliver and voila, you can breathe again. God for
stress and the tummy too.
Where is 'here? Canada, IIRC? I'm/we're near Seattle.
Kyla

Kyla

Old March 23rd 09, 06:12 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^..^=[_2_]

Well, it's off my list because I'll get some kinds of infections from it, I
found out years ago, so I'm starting with the Ginger first, Ever had Ginger
Tea? Care for a cup?
I love fresh ginger too.
Kyla

"Granby"
Yes, it HAS to be fresh on account of the enzymes in it. A little each day
can mean a piece about the size of a pineapple ring in those cans.
"Kyla =^..^="
"Jofirey"
"Kyla =^..^=" ...
Wow, you and he went through a lot. I'll try the pineapple and hope my
stomach doesn't hate me for it.
Kyla

Just remember the part 'a little'.

Jo

Will do. Does it have to be fresh? Is it okay in fruit cocktail?
I have some canned and right now I'm having a cup of Ginger Tea and dry
wheat toast. It seems to be agreeing with me so far.
Kyla

Old March 23rd 09, 06:17 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^..^=[_2_]

Default * Mosey Update ALERT: Can He Have Some More Purrs?

annoyed
On Sun, 22 Mar 2009 14:55:24 -0700, "Kyla =^..^="

Poor guy has diarrhea again..I'll keep an eye on him and if he doesn't get
better quick, I'll take him to TED. I don't want to lose my Mosey, but
we
can't afford expexsive treatments.
If you could spare more purrs and prayers, I'd really appreciate it. He
seems fine otherwise. Eats, drinks, plays, sleep...
He's only 6 years old and my 'heartcat'
Love
Kyla
worried and in tears

Comfort purrs from our family to you & Mosey.

Thank you so much. Your purrs are very comforting.

I'm hoping it was just the tiny bit of yogurt I gave him last night,
It's not supposed to be bad for kitties and he's never re-acted this way
from it before.
Kyla

--
mers
Craig, Kathi & "Cat Five" the tabby girl

Old March 23rd 09, 10:02 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

Kyla =^..^= wrote:
Poor guy has diarrhea again..I'll keep an eye on him and if he
doesn't get better quick, I'll take him to TED. I don't want to lose
my Mosey, but we can't afford expexsive treatments.
If you could spare more purrs and prayers, I'd really appreciate it. He
seems fine otherwise. Eats, drinks, plays, sleep...
He's only 6 years old and my 'heartcat'
Love
Kyla
worried and in tears

More purrs on the way.
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Old March 23rd 09, 01:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Winnie

On Mar 23, 2:09*am, "Kyla =^..^=" wrote:

I have some wonderful instant Ginger Tea with honey, brand name OWL
and it is so yummy. *You can find it in Oriental Markets and it's not too
expensive.
I had some today and it did help my tummy and my knees both
It doesn't have much honey in it at all. *Hmmm, I could use that instead of
chicken broth, which has 3 bazillion mg's of sodium, I love fresh ginger
too, grated over a salad, *a baked potato, almost anything. *Good for sinus
clearage too *You eat a sliver and voila, you can breathe again. *God for
stress and the tummy too.
Where is 'here? *Canada, IIRC? *I'm/we're near Seattle.
Kyla

I am in Ontario, eastern Canada.
You can even make ginger tea yourself. Just finely minced some fresh
ginger, after
removing the skin, and add boiling water. Add honey to taste. You can
control the
amount of ginger you want. It is more work but less expensive than
ginger tea.
Another way is to rub ginger, or pure ginger essentail oil (available
at health food store) mixed with some unscented body lotion, on your
knees. You would smell like
ginger, but it worked for me. If you use the oil, make sure you mixed
it with a lotion or
some carrier oil. Pure ginger oil is too concentrated for the skin.
You need only 1
or 2 drops. Hope this helps.

Winnie
Old March 23rd 09, 07:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormmee

there is low salt/no salt in the stores, and i make it myself with cheap
chicken, Lee
"Kyla =^..^=" wrote in message

"Jofirey"...

"Kyla =^..^="
I'm sick of talking about neverending pain, but I've sure learned a lot
and I thank you all for caring about me.
Love
Kyla
PS Mosey is feeling so much better and I'm happy about that.

If you cut back on preserved food you can cut back a lot on salt. Just
check the
nutrition labels for sodium.

Will do

There are natural anti-inflammatories like pineapple, ginger, and
Turmeric.
You can find an anti-inflammtory diet listed in Dr. Weil's website.

Winnie

I love ginger, pineapple is a little acid for my stomach and I don't
think I'v tried Turmeric, but I will. Thanks Winnie
Kyla

I'm having a cup of hot Ginger Tea and it feels good, but it seems
'anything' I eat runs right thru me, which worries me. I'll call my Dr
tomorrow for a blood draw.

Turmeric is really easy to cook with. It does add a bright yellow color
if you use very much of it, but that isn't always a bad thing. I add just
a bit to rice, scrambled eggs, anything that has chicken broth in it. It
hides nicely in tomato sauces and most things made with ground beef.
(There is quite a bit in ordinary prepared mustard)

You can make very pretty rice by cooking the rice in chicken broth and
adding turmeric, then adding parsley or cilantro when its done. Or you
can add a handful of frozen peas or other vegetables.

Jo

Sounds yummy Jo, I'll have to try it.
Chicken broth has too much sodium in it, I'm afraid, but I can make it
with water.

Kyla

Old March 23rd 09, 07:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormmee

he and i always had a great time, can't really speak for Gramby or my DH, we
got a bit rowdy sometimes for them, Lee
"Kyla =^..^=" wrote in message
Sounds like you had a great time Kyla

I haven't any idea but we did have fun, especailly when the waitresses
couldn't figure out who was with who... Lee

Sometimes you guys were the Walton's, and sometimes the Simpson's.
Either way it could, as the cats on rpcc say "be barressing". He never
gave you any whiskey so, at least he had that much sense. Your DH and I
just sort of sat back and watched which it was to be for the evening.
God, what do people do who don't have memories, silly or not, to
entertain them when things change?
"Stormmee" ...
and just for the record, I am still mad he left, Lee, who adored
Gramby's husband, even if she wouldn't act like she knew us in a
resturant
"Kyla =^..^=" wrote in message
Wow, you and he wentthrough a lot. I'll try the pineapple and hope my
stomach doesn't hate me for it.
Kyla
"Granby"
My Bob was a paraplegic, a diabetic and had a couple of heart
attacks. The anti inflammatory diet is what I TRIED to keep him on,
sometimes without him knowing. It did help and thank God he liked
pineapple. He ate a little each day and it helped a lot of things.
"Winnie" On Mar 20, 11:11 pm, "Kyla =^..^=" :
I'll have Dutch look for it when he goes to the store. Yes, I
googled sore
knees, painful knees and a lot of the recommendations advise
replacement,
which has already been done, in 2001. There's a LOT of info out
there and I
thank you for it.
Most of the things to relieve the pain involve anti-inflammitories,
which
my stomach won't tolerate, and exercises I can't do, and believe me,
I have
tried.
We'll get this figured out. First, no salt, that's the baddie. 1 tsp
per
day is all that's allowed. I went to WebMD for this info and I guess
I'll
have to go see the Dr, even tho I have NO health insurance, and get
some
bloodwork done. I can't live like this. I can't sleep, I have to
wear
support hose 24/7, I ...oh let's talk about something more pleasant,
shall
we? I'm sick of talking about neverending pain, but I've sure

Old March 23rd 09, 07:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormmee

this is one of those times when you look at the positive, you can have the
ginger, that is one more thing than you knew about before this thread
started, Lee

Old March 23rd 09, 09:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^..^=[_2_]

"Winnie"
On Mar 23, 2:09 am, "Kyla =^..^="

I have some wonderful instant Ginger Tea with honey, brand name OWL
and it is so yummy. You can find it in Oriental Markets and it's not too
expensive.
I had some today and it did help my tummy and my knees both
It doesn't have much honey in it at all. Hmmm, I could use that instead of
chicken broth, which has 3 bazillion mg's of sodium, I love fresh ginger
too, grated over a salad, a baked potato, almost anything. Good for sinus
clearage too You eat a sliver and voila, you can breathe again. God for
stress and the tummy too.
Where is 'here? Canada, IIRC? I'm/we're near Seattle.
Kyla

I am in Ontario, eastern Canada

Oh, okay. We've only been to Victoria, long ago, and Vancouver.
We were in Vancouver in 1994 to see a Pink Floyd concert.

..
You can even make ginger tea yourself. Just finely minced some fresh
ginger, after
removing the skin, and add boiling water. Add honey to taste. You can
control the amount of ginger you want. It is more work but less expensive
than
ginger tea.

The packets of ginger tea cost about $4 for a bag of 20 packets. And it is
the perfect strength with just the rigtt amount of honey

Another way is to rub ginger, or pure ginger essentail oil (available
at health food store) mixed with some unscented body lotion, on your
knees. You would smell like
ginger, but it worked for me. If you use the oil, make sure you mixed
it with a lotion or
some carrier oil. Pure ginger oil is too concentrated for the skin.
You need only 1
or 2 drops. Hope this helps.

Winnie

I will have to try that. I'd be inclined to use the fresh ginger. Thank
you for your ideas

Kyla