Can Mosey Have Some Purrs? I Need some too, please

Old March 24th 09, 04:12 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

Default Mosey Update: Can Mosey Have Some Purrs? I Need some too, please

That was a bad year for you! 1986 was that bad year for my family. My
husband died on February 9. My first cousin committed suicide in August,
and my Dad died on October 26.

--

Joy

No amount of time can erase the memory of a good cat, and no amount of
masking tape can ever totally remove his fur from your couch. - Leo Dworken

"Kyla =^..^=" wrote in message
Okay, now you both have me in tears
My Mom died in late Aug 2007
and I miss her so much. Her birthday is April 1 and she would have been
86.
I know, it's not the same...but still....I believe our departed loved ones
are watching over us, and we'll see them again. My dad died late Jan
2007, and we also had our beloved kitty, Mutt, age 19, go to The Bridge
Dec 9, that same year.
Love, Kyla
"Granby"
She will see him again I am sure and Heaven, the Bridge or whatever your
belief will never be the same again.

He has been so ill and a nurse told me she thought he was hanging on for
my sake. I gathered my courage and told him, if he had to go it was ok I
would be fine. First time in 30 years he listened to me. He knew his
scooter dog was waiting.

I am hoping some day i wil get over the fact that the one time he chose
to listen to gramby whas when she told him she would be ok and he could
go, ******* did it before i could get there to say good bye, oh well, i
will see him again i am sure, Lee

Well, you have some great memories
Kyla

he and i always had a great time, can't really speak for Gramby or my
DH, we got a bit rowdy sometimes for them, Lee
Sounds like you had a great time Kyla

I haven't any idea but we did have fun, especailly when the
waitresses couldn't figure out who was with who... Lee

Sometimes you guys were the Walton's, and sometimes the Simpson's.
Either way it could, as the cats on rpcc say "be barressing". He
never gave you any whiskey so, at least he had that much sense.
Your DH and I just sort of sat back and watched which it was to be
for the evening. God, what do people do who don't have memories,
silly or not, to entertain them when things change?
"Stormmee" ...
and just for the record, I am still mad he left, Lee, who adored
Gramby's husband, even if she wouldn't act like she knew us in a
resturant
"Kyla =^..^=" wrote in message
Wow, you and he wentthrough a lot. I'll try the pineapple and
hope my stomach doesn't hate me for it.
Kyla
"Granby"
My Bob was a paraplegic, a diabetic and had a couple of heart
attacks. The anti inflammatory diet is what I TRIED to keep him
on, sometimes without him knowing. It did help and thank God he
liked pineapple. He ate a little each day and it helped a lot of
things.
"Winnie" On Mar 20, 11:11 pm, "Kyla =^..^=" :
I'll have Dutch look for it when he goes to the store. Yes, I
googled sore
knees, painful knees and a lot of the recommendations advise
replacement,
which has already been done, in 2001. There's a LOT of info out
there and I
thank you for it.
Most of the things to relieve the pain involve
anti-inflammitories, which
my stomach won't tolerate, and exercises I can't do, and
believe me, I have
tried.
We'll get this figured out. First, no salt, that's the baddie.
1 tsp per
day is all that's allowed. I went to WebMD for this info and I
guess I'll
have to go see the Dr, even tho I have NO health insurance, and
get some
bloodwork done. I can't live like this. I can't sleep, I have
to wear
support hose 24/7, I ...oh let's talk about something more
pleasant, shall
we? I'm sick of talking about neverending pain, but I've sure
learned a lot
and I thank you all for caring about me.
Love
Kyla
PS Mosey is feeling so much better and I'm happy about that.

If you cut back on preserved food you can cut back a lot on
salt. Just
check the
nutrition labels for sodium.
There are natural anti-inflammatories like pineapple, ginger,
and
Turmeric.
You can find an anti-inflammtory diet listed in Dr. Weil's
website.

Winnie

Old March 24th 09, 06:28 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sherry

On Mar 23, 4:29*pm, "Stormmee" wrote:
if you got the fresh ginger, ground it and made your tea, then you could use
the softened ginger to make a paste for your knees, Lee, always thinking of
how to save money"Kyla =^..^=" wrote in message

"Winnie"
On Mar 23, 2:09 am, "Kyla *=^..^="

I have some wonderful instant Ginger Tea with honey, brand name OWL
and it is so yummy. You can find it in Oriental Markets and it's not too
expensive.
I had some today and it did help my tummy and my knees both
It doesn't have much honey in it at all. Hmmm, I could use that instead
of
chicken broth, which has 3 bazillion mg's of sodium, I love fresh ginger
too, grated over a salad, a baked potato, almost anything. Good for sinus
clearage too You eat a sliver and voila, you can breathe again. God for
stress and the tummy too.
Where is 'here? Canada, IIRC? I'm/we're near Seattle.
Kyla

I am in Ontario, eastern Canada

Oh, okay. *We've only been to Victoria, long ago, *and Vancouver.
We were in Vancouver in 1994 to see a Pink Floyd concert.

.
You can even make ginger tea yourself. Just finely minced some fresh
ginger, after
removing the skin, and add boiling water. Add honey to taste. You can
control the amount of ginger you want. *It is more work but less expensive
than
ginger tea.

The packets of ginger tea cost about $4 for a bag of 20 packets. *And it
is the perfect strength with just the rigtt amount of honey

Another way is to rub ginger, or pure ginger essentail oil (available
at health food store) mixed with some unscented body lotion, on your
knees. You would smell like
ginger, but it worked for me. If you use the oil, make sure you mixed
it with a lotion or
some carrier oil. Pure ginger oil is too concentrated for the skin.
You need only 1
or 2 drops. Hope this helps.

Winnie

I will have to try that. * I'd be inclined to use the fresh ginger. *Thank
you for your ideas

Kyla- Hide quoted text -

Old March 24th 09, 06:37 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sherry

Default Stormee: How to Make Ginger Tea? Was: Mosey Update: Can MoseyHave

On Mar 23, 4:29*pm, "Stormmee" wrote:
if you got the fresh ginger, ground it and made your tea, then you could use
the softened ginger to make a paste for your knees, Lee, always thinking of
how to save money"Kyla =^..^=" wrote in message

Stormee, if you wouldn't mind sharing exactly how you make ginger tea.
(I have
never purchased fresh ginger -- I don't care for it, but I'm thinking
about making
the tea to try for DH's joint problems).
I'm not a natural-food expert by any means, but it just makes sense to
me that
buying the "real thing" with as little pre-processing as possible is
better. I think
this is true of most any food we consume.
I also did a quick google search to find out where OWL ginger tea is
available, and
found out that it is manufactured in Singapore, and the company has
been cited for
non-disclosed products being in the tea. Specifically this was milk
products, which
generally wouldn't hurt you but it just makes me leery after the pet-
food-melamine
disaster, to consume anything from China.
We have our own honey bees too, but it would just make better sense
(and cheaper)
to make the
tea from scratch. If I *knew* what to do with a ginger root once I had
it in my hands. :-)
He loves ginger snaps, so he'd probably like the taste of the tea, no?
Sherry
Old March 24th 09, 01:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Winnie

On Mar 24, 2:37*am, Sherry wrote:
[...]

I am not Stormee, but this is how I make ginger tea.
Thinly sliced the ginger root. Cut off the skin. Slice into thin
strips, then into small
pieces for better infusion. Put in a cup or teapot. Pour boiling water
into it. Cover
and let steep for 10-15 min. Add a touch of honey if desired. You can
vary the
amount of ginger to taste. I would suggest start with 2 thin slices.
Let me know how it goes.

Must admit I have been lazy and bought organic ginger tea with no
added sugar. Some of the ginger tea I found in Chinatown taste too
sweet to me, and
probably have lots of sugar or honey in it.
Of course I use ginger a lot in my cooking. I keep running out of
ginger
I also found there are hardly any ginger in some popular brands of
ginger ale.

Winnie

Old March 24th 09, 02:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
---MIKE---

Default *Mosey Update ALERT: Can He Have Some More Purrs?

Kyla wrote:

I suspect it was the small amount of
yogurt I gave him,

If the yogurt was the natural type it would probably help. You could
also try to add some acidolphulos powder to some canned food. This
helps restore the bacteria that is needed to form solid stools.

---MIKE---
In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
(44° 15' N - Elevation 1580')

Old March 24th 09, 02:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

"---MIKE---" wrote in message
Kyla wrote:

I suspect it was the small amount of
yogurt I gave him,

If the yogurt was the natural type it would probably help. You could
also try to add some acidolphulos powder to some canned food. This
helps restore the bacteria that is needed to form solid stools.

I've got Persia purring for Mosey and for everyone who needs them.

Jill

Old March 24th 09, 06:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormmee

a couple of ways, either buy it fresh and mince it the finer you do it the
more flavor you get, then just pour over boiling water let steep strain, add
sweetener and drink, you can also let it dry and then do it but i prefer the
taste of fresh, ... make sure to peel it first, and get fresh, you might
want to google for how the fresh looks, it has been too long since i
actually saw it so rely on DH,

another thing you can do but i don't like it as well is to buy the candied
ginger and mince it, same procedure, how long you steep depends on how
strong he likes it.

and you can freeze it almost indefinitely and use as needed... or so they
say when i buy it i never have it long enough to do that.

Old March 24th 09, 07:19 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jofirey

"Stormmee" wrote in message
a couple of ways, either buy it fresh and mince it the finer you do
it the more flavor you get, then just pour over boiling water let
steep strain, add sweetener and drink, you can also let it dry and
then do it but i prefer the taste of fresh, ... make sure to peel it
first, and get fresh, you might want to google for how the fresh
looks, it has been too long since i actually saw it so rely on DH,

Ginger is another great place to use a 'micro plane' like Rachael Ray
uses on her TV show all the time to grate garlic. Its just a small
grater that is good for lemon peel and orange peel and ginger, etc.
Often I just add ginger to my regular pot of green or black tea.

Jo

Old March 24th 09, 07:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Winnie

On Mar 24, 2:35*pm, "Stormmee" wrote:

another thing you can do but i don't like it as well is to buy the candied
ginger and mince it, same procedure, *how long you steep depends on how
strong he likes it.

and you can freeze it almost indefinitely and use as needed... or so they
say when i buy it i never have it long enough to do that.

With candied ginger, you may as well eat it instead of using it to
make
ginger tea. I just bought some dried ginger chunks from the health
food store. They
are good but at $11 per kg, I have to limit myself.
I am trying to figure out whether I can make them myself.

Winnie