The Giant Cat Hammock

Old January 29th 06, 06:14 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default The Giant Cat Hammock

Today DH hung his grandmother's quilting frame in the den for me. It is
a wooden frame, suspended from the ceiling with twine, and holds a
full-sized quilt.
This is going to be very interesting. You know the cats will be all
over it. I resisted hanging it for that reason, but decided to go for
it anyway.
His mother is coming over tomorrow to show me how to secure the quilt
top to the frame and get me started. But I"m sure she never had to
push five cats out of the way to quilt. I bet I do.
Sherry

Old January 30th 06, 04:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

In article ,
Marina wrote:
wrote:
Today DH hung his grandmother's quilting frame in the den for me. It is
a wooden frame, suspended from the ceiling with twine, and holds a
full-sized quilt.
This is going to be very interesting. You know the cats will be all
over it. I resisted hanging it for that reason, but decided to go for
it anyway.
His mother is coming over tomorrow to show me how to secure the quilt
top to the frame and get me started. But I"m sure she never had to
push five cats out of the way to quilt. I bet I do.

Crafts are always interesting with cats around.

Yup. Rita loves to watch me sewing, and if I'm not diligent, she even
tries to catch the shiny silver thing that goes up and down. I'm
terrified that some day she'll catch it,and the needle will go straight
through her little paw!

Jane
- owned and operated by Princess Rita

Old January 30th 06, 04:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Jane wrote:

Yup. Rita loves to watch me sewing, and if I'm not diligent, she even
tries to catch the shiny silver thing that goes up and down. I'm
terrified that some day she'll catch it,and the needle will go straight
through her little paw!

This reminds me of a funny thing that happened with my sister's cat
Linus when he was a kitten. I didn't have my own sewing machine at home,
and I needed to take in a pair of jeans, so my sister told me to use her
machine. She wasn't at home herself, but Linus the hoolikitten was
*very* interested as I set up the sewing machine. Then I started sewing
a trouser leg. Linus was laying behind the machine keeping an eye on the
strange hoomin sitting at his table. The machine started feeding the leg
towards him. Linus jumped up in shock at the big black monster that just
kept coming at him, while the sound of the machine must have sounded
like a giant snake hissing at him. LOL! I didn't have to worry about
lttle paws under the needle, he stayed well away from me and the machine
for as long as I was there.

marina (dot) kurten (at) iki (dot) fi