Monkeys we like...

Old March 11th 04, 02:36 AM
TJ and The Dust

Default Monkeys we like...

Dusty and I have been just fascinated at how big our Sea Monkeys have grown. We
emptied the packet into the water the day after Christmas and they have grown to
be quite the happy little community. Lots of teeny, tiny babies too! Dusty
loves to watch them swim in their little plastic tank. I am amazed they are
still alive AMD making babies. (at any given time their are at least 2 Sea
Monkeys "hooked" together in the dance of romance). I can handle these monkeys
no problem.

TJ and The Dust

Old March 11th 04, 03:43 AM
Yowie

"TJ and The Dust" wrote in message
Dusty and I have been just fascinated at how big our Sea Monkeys have

grown. We
emptied the packet into the water the day after Christmas and they have

grown to
be quite the happy little community. Lots of teeny, tiny babies too!

Dusty
loves to watch them swim in their little plastic tank. I am amazed they

are
still alive AMD making babies. (at any given time their are at least 2

Sea
Monkeys "hooked" together in the dance of romance). I can handle these

monkeys
no problem.

Waaah! My sea monkeys died after 2 days and I have no idea where to get more
of them (they were a Christmas gift)

(Not that I'm blaming any felines anywhere, but it would not surprise me if
one small grey furry tyrant took objection to the competition)

Yowie

Old March 11th 04, 04:40 AM
Victor Martinez

TJ and The Dust wrote:
Monkeys "hooked" together in the dance of romance). I can handle these monkeys
no problem.

What do you feed them? I feed my fish brine shrimp (aka sea monkeys)
every day.

--
Victor Martinez
Send your spam he

Old March 11th 04, 05:06 AM
badwilson

Sounds fascinating...but what are sea monkeys?
--
Britta
Check out pictures of Vino at:

Old March 11th 04, 05:35 AM
TJ and The Dust

"Victor Martinez" wrote in message
TJ and The Dust wrote:
Monkeys "hooked" together in the dance of romance). I can handle these

monkeys
no problem.

What do you feed them? I feed my fish brine shrimp (aka sea monkeys)
every day.

--
Victor Martinez

Oh my! LOL. I just feed them (every 2 weeks) a pinch of the powdered muck that
came in a package in the kit. Some of mine are 1/2 in long and the babies are
just little moving dots. Honestly, I never even thought they would "hatch" let
alone live and reproduce. I am disappointed though that they don't wear crowns
and have scepters like in the picture on the box.

TJ

Old March 11th 04, 05:42 AM
TJ and The Dust

Well Britta they are the worlds most amazing instant pet! You get the instant
live eggs in a package, you dump them in water, add some growth food, they
hatch, they grow, they become a colony (they just don't look like the way they
are portrayed on the box) Basically they are brine shrimp like Victor said.
It's like a $7 goofy gift. They have never worked before in all of my 40 years
and I have had many a Sea Monkey kit to try.
http://www.discoverthis.com/sea-monkeys-faq.html
Here is a link to some interesting facts and a picture of what they look like.
Very odd stuff.

TJ

Old March 11th 04, 05:51 AM
Takayuki

"badwilson" wrote:

Sounds fascinating...but what are sea monkeys?

Don't you eat them in Som Tam?

Old March 11th 04, 06:05 AM
badwilson

"TJ and The Dust" wrote in message
Well Britta they are the worlds most amazing instant pet! You get the

instant
live eggs in a package, you dump them in water, add some growth food, they
hatch, they grow, they become a colony (they just don't look like the way

they
are portrayed on the box) Basically they are brine shrimp like Victor

said.
It's like a $7 goofy gift. They have never worked before in all of my 40

years
and I have had many a Sea Monkey kit to try.
http://www.discoverthis.com/sea-monkeys-faq.html
Here is a link to some interesting facts and a picture of what they look

like.
Very odd stuff.

TJ

Ooooh, brine shrimp, kewl! If you ever get too many, take them out of the
tank and dry them. Then you can add them to Som Tam, a great Thai salad
with green papaya :-)

Old March 11th 04, 07:24 AM
Hopitus2

As I related some time ago, my first visit to an old pal who had moved to
SLC I insisted we go swim in the Great Salt Lake right outside of the city
(wanted to see if it was easier to float in it than the salty Atlantic of my
home beaches). Natives picnicking on its "beach" stared in amazement as we
waded right in (almost no one was actually in the lake water!)and we soon
found out that (1) it (and soon we) smelled rank, and (2) it's filled with
brine shrimp, plus (3) big flies circulating overhead. To this day, she
never lets me forget our "swim" (NOT) in the GSL (ROFL). I wonder if the
people in SLC know their huge source of this Thai salad garnish, LOL....I
doubt it.

"badwilson" wrote in message
:
: "Takayuki" wrote in message
: ...
: "badwilson" wrote:
:
: Sounds fascinating...but what are sea monkeys?
:
: Don't you eat them in Som Tam?
:
: ROFL! See my reply to TJ, which I wrote before reading your message :-)
: --
: Britta
: Check out pictures of Vino at:
: http://photos.yahoo.com/badwilson click on the Vino album
:
:
:
:
:

Of Men and Monkeys badwilson Cat anecdotes 27 February 27th 04 07:37 PM
LOTR3 Yowie Cat anecdotes 84 January 6th 04 10:20 PM
Ping: Alan Erskine Stacey Cat anecdotes 3 November 26th 03 01:11 AM
Who hated monkeys????? Stacey Cat anecdotes 18 October 18th 03 08:38 AM