Biskit Update

Old March 13th 04, 12:44 PM
Adrian

Sherry wrote:
Well, maybe I should say *lack of* an update. I had to take DH for a
procedure in the city today and in the afternoon called to see if I
could pick up Biskit. The receptionist said she was fine, but was
"wiped out" still from the surgery and suggested we leave her again
overnight. I am still quite worried, mostly because she still seems
like such a frail little thing. I know they are tougher than we
think though. Thankks everyone for the purrs and hopefully some good
news tomorrow.

Continuing purrs, hoping when Biskit comes home she won't ahve to see TED
again for a long time.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy, Milo & Bagheera)
A house is not a home, without a cat.

Old March 13th 04, 12:52 PM
Adrian

Sherry wrote:
Hey friends.
I just got back from picking up Biskit. She seems *very* well
considering. And the vet said the "tumor" was more like just a fatty
mass. He didn't think it was a bad thing at all.
I am *so* relieved to get this over with. Now if she'll just quit
spraying we can all settle down. I have been told she probably will
after the spay surgery. Thank you *all* for the purrs. Such a
difference.

Sherry

That's great news. The power of the purr works again.

Old March 13th 04, 01:13 PM
Sherry

I'm so glad she's fine, but I didn't know female cats sprayed!

Ugh. I didn't know they did, either. She didn't start till she went into heat.
One day I went to get a CD out of the rack, and they were....wet. I thought the
boys were upset because of her, even though they'd never done it before. Turns
out it was her. She didn't spray when she was locked up in the bedroom. I guess
she was marking territory or something, and wouldn't spray in "her" room. I've
heard cats won't soil "their den." . So she's been in the bedroom since then.
Some very knowledgeable people on the other NG's have assured me it will stop
with the spaying. I hope so!!
She's had the run of the house for the last day/night. So far so good.

Sherry
Old March 13th 04, 04:33 PM
John F. Eldredge

--
John F. Eldredge --

PGP key available from
http://pgp.mit.edu

Old March 13th 04, 06:53 PM
Hopitus2

So the spraying, no matter the gender, is some kind of "my-turf" thing.
Thank God the old girls here recognize that it's all Rowdy's "turf" (they
could care less) here.....they just get annoyed because they don't want to
*play* with His Obnoxiousness when he jumps on them. I personally think,
since everyone is plump, that it's good exercise for the girls now and then.
But nobody sprays.

:
: Continuing purrs, hoping when Biskit comes home she won't ahve to see TED
: again for a long time.
: --

Old March 13th 04, 07:45 PM
Sherry

So the spraying, no matter the gender, is some kind of "my-turf" thing.
Thank God the old girls here recognize that it's all Rowdy's "turf" (they
could care less)

Neither of my boys care about turf either. It's like, "Oh, you want my
territory? OK, you can have it."

Sherry
Old March 13th 04, 08:29 PM
SUQKRT

In article , "Karen"
wrote:

It's good news she came through well. Please keep us posted. Purrs
continuing.

Karen

Great!
Suz
Macmoosette
Thank Heavens There's Only One

I've learned to not sweat the petty things, and not pet the sweaty things.

Old March 13th 04, 10:58 PM
Takayuki

John F. Eldredge wrote:

My previous cat, Annabel Lee, sprayed just once. A visiting tomcat
sprayed the outside of my front door, so Annabel Lee sprayed just
inside the front door, probably to assert her claim to the territory.
She was about 5 years post-spaying at the time.

moment of silence for Annabel Lee