who invented these things

Old February 8th 09, 03:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

Default who invented these things

"Stan Brown" wrote in message
t...
Sat, 7 Feb 2009 21:58:10 -0500 from cyberpurrs
:

"Stan Brown" wrote
For domesticated cats, what they would do in the wild is of some
help, but it is not the argument-ender that certain snippy people
seemed to think.

The same is true of humans, by the way. "Natural" behavior for us is
cowering in trees and eating bugs, but I have no desire to go back to
that and I doubt anyone else does either.

Right. So you think this justifies feeding obligate carnivores a diet
that
consists mainly of grains.

Sigh. Some people seem to get a lot of pleasure out of missing the
point.

Which one am I missing? I can see the one on top of your goofy head.

Old February 8th 09, 07:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cyberpurrs

"Stan Brown" wrote in message
t...
Sat, 7 Feb 2009 21:58:10 -0500 from cyberpurrs
:

"Stan Brown" wrote
For domesticated cats, what they would do in the wild is of some
help, but it is not the argument-ender that certain snippy people
seemed to think.

The same is true of humans, by the way. "Natural" behavior for us is
cowering in trees and eating bugs, but I have no desire to go back to
that and I doubt anyone else does either.

Right. So you think this justifies feeding obligate carnivores a diet
that
consists mainly of grains.

Sigh. Some people seem to get a lot of pleasure out of missing the
point.

Translation: Stan has no point. You're a bonehead, Stan.

Old February 12th 09, 04:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
bartlet

On Feb 7, 6:29*pm, Stan Brown wrote:

The same is true of humans, by the way. *"Natural" behavior for us is
cowering in trees and eating bugs, but I have no desire to go back to
that and I doubt anyone else does either.

you are right Stan.

Everything was FINE until the store sold me some tainted meat

enuff said

there is certainly no poop laying around the house, lol

even if there was cat poop laying around
a non infected cat would have to eat the infected cats poop
within 2 days of the first infected cat having contracted the toxin

my point is, now I think it's all them raw meats

or. at least, I've never seen Lucy eat a mouse
Jupiter has. she loves them. she eat thems like popcorn
when available

Old February 12th 09, 04:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
bartlet

On Feb 5, 11:37*pm, "Matthew"
wrote:

Stan * Do you know Barry or his situation? *The answer is no *so this is
where you walk away with some dignity.

She was referring to what he did not the cat species in general- Hide quoted text -

what situation Matt? feeding them raw meat?

I think Stan's point is a very good one

Many people here feed their cat raw meat

Old February 12th 09, 04:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
bartlet

On Feb 5, 10:31*am, "cybercat" wrote:
Don't ever feed her raw meat
again, or let her out where she can kill anything or come upon a kill.
That's where she got it.

not to worry. they have 60sf to run now

Lucy is going to be fine. I plan to bring her home today

I saw her in a little dream last night, she was trotting past me,
turning a corner
going after Jupiter. So, I hope she is able to get her strength back.
I believe she will.

Thanks for the link. I read it, it's a better read than the wikipedia,
imo.

Old February 12th 09, 04:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
bartlet

On Feb 5, 10:31*am, "cybercat" wrote:

If you left her feces around for more than five days

I meant to say, 60,000 sf of space to run.
but Jupiter is the only one who has explored the rest of the place
Lucy evidently, has been fighting this toxin for some time

There is about 5 to 6 beautiful wild cats that live outside
i've fed them some, but they look well fed on river rats I guess

Old February 12th 09, 04:38 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"bartlet" wrote in message
On Feb 5, 10:31 am, "cybercat" wrote:

If you left her feces around for more than five days

I meant to say, 60,000 sf of space to run.

Lucy almost certainly contracted this months ago when you were at the old
place. (The Cornell site says as much if you bothered to read it--by the
time the toxoplasmosis causes paralysis or other extreme condition, the
parasite eggs have been hatching in there for a log time.)

Anything might have been under the house next door, something partially
eaten by rats, dogs, whatever. The warehouse is going to be the same, though
I know the view is better. For you.

Old February 12th 09, 04:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Matthew[_3_]

"bartlet" wrote in message
On Feb 5, 11:37 pm, "Matthew"
wrote:

Stan Do you know Barry or his situation? The answer is no so this is
where you walk away with some dignity.

She was referring to what he did not the cat species in general- Hide
quoted text -

what situation Matt? feeding them raw meat?

I think Stan's point is a very good one

Many people here feed their cat raw meat

Barry do we need to go there my friend. You know exactly what I am talking
about

Old February 12th 09, 10:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
bartlet

On Feb 12, 10:41*am, "Matthew"
wrote:

Barry *do we need to go there my friend. *You know exactly what I am talking
about

No Matt, can't say I do
Old February 20th 09, 10:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
bartlet

On Feb 6, 2:41*pm, Clara Semps wrote:

sarcastic in your statements, but you raise an interesting subject.- Hide quoted text -

You make an excellent point, but I don't find Stan's ideas interesting

it's like, little house on the prarie. the men in them days didn't
live very long
because they had to work so hard for basics. like hot water. they had
to build a fire. we just turn on a faucet, and so on. so we live much
longer now.

cats do too, better medicine and food

They know things Cheryl Cat anecdotes 7 January 27th 09 08:10 PM
[OT] two boys who invented wedgie-proof underwear demonstrate how it works John F. Eldredge Cat anecdotes 1 November 11th 07 04:09 AM
Things to do... CatNipped Cat anecdotes 8 September 4th 07 02:00 PM
Things are still looking up badwilson Cat anecdotes 12 July 15th 06 11:34 PM
I need to know some things Mike Cat health & behaviour 9 November 11th 03 08:36 AM