Persia-versary! (long)

Old January 5th 13, 03:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default Persia-versary! (long)

Tommorrow, January 6th, marks 12 years since this beautiful, persistent,
insistent cat *demanded* I let her inside.

Most of you know the tale. It was a bitterly cold winter afternoon when
this grey cat started crying at my back door. And yes, I tried to shoo
her away. (Silly me! But I'd never really been around cats.) I knew
the temps were suppose to plummet that night (23F, IIRC). So I said to
myself, "Okay, I'll go to the store. If the cat is still here when I
get back I'll let it in."

I went to the drug store a mile down the road. Bought a bag of cheap
cat food, a litter box and litter. I came back and she was still there.
I opened the back door and she strolled in like she owned the place

I gave her some food and water and showed her where the litter box was.
She checked out every room in the apartment and made herself at home.
When I went to bed that night I was very surprised - she jumped up on
the bed and curled up next to me!

The next day I printed a bunch of "cat found" posters and tacked them up
around the neighborhood. I called area vets and shelters. I called the
apartment manager. No one had reported a missing grey cat.

A few days went by. She acted like she'd always lived there. So I
looked at her and said, "Hmmm, I can't just call you 'cat'." I started
to walk into another room when the name Persia popped into my head. I
said "Persia!" and she came running! Ah ha! So that's your name.

I bought a carrier so I could take her to the vet. He checked for a
microchip (none). He guessed her age to be 2-3, so she's about 15 now.
She got her shots and a pretty purple collar. The rest, as they say,
is history

Jill
Old January 5th 13, 04:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ann791

On 1/5/2013 10:05 AM, jmcquown wrote:
[...]

She knew the right house when she found it. I didn't know the story
about how Persia adopted you.
Old January 5th 13, 04:38 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL[_2_]

"jmcquown" wrote in message ...

Tommorrow, January 6th, marks 12 years since this beautiful, persistent,
insistent cat *demanded* I let her inside.

Jill

~~~~~~~~~~~
Happy Persia-versary! And how very fortunate it has been for both of you
that you could not find an "owner" through posters or microchip. Sometimes
serendipity brings wonderful results.

MaryL

Old January 5th 13, 05:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 1/5/2013 11:38 AM, MaryL wrote:

"jmcquown" wrote in message ...

Tommorrow, January 6th, marks 12 years since this beautiful, persistent,
insistent cat *demanded* I let her inside.

Jill

~~~~~~~~~~~
Happy Persia-versary! And how very fortunate it has been for both of
you that you could not find an "owner" through posters or microchip.
Sometimes serendipity brings wonderful results.

MaryL

It was kismet. She's so sweet and has such endearing little traits.
Like the way she taps me gently on my nose to wake me up Of course
that's "Feed Me!". But when I say "It's not time yet" she does give me
another 10 minutes. She's a furry snooze-alarm.

Sometimes when I'm on the couch reading a book she'll be laying next to
me. Out of the corner of my eye I see this little paw reach out to
touch my face. If I acknowledge her ("What are you doing with that soft
little paw?") she tucks it under and looks all innocent. It's a little
game we play

She really does like to touch my face. Could it be because I like to
touch her face?

She also gives me very gentle love bites on my arm or shoulder when I'm
waking up in the morning. It never comes near to being a bite.

Not being familiar with cats, the first time I saw her approaching my
arm with her mouth open and fangs showing I thought "she's going to bite
me!" Nope. It was just a very gentle nip followed by slow blinky eyes
and much purring. Awwww!

She *did* bunny-kick me once (she has her back claws and no, I didn't
front de-claw her, someone else did) and rip long scratches down my arm.
OUCH!

I still wasn't used to having a cat sleeping next to me. I tossed out
my arm during the night. Felt some soft cat fur. Persia had flipped
over onto her belly. So I was rubbing her very soft belly fur when she
woke up. Apparently I hadn't yet been invited to the "belly zone". She
wrapped her front paws around my wrist and started bunny-kicking my
forearm with her back claws. Oh, ow ow ow! That was a surprise.
Hydrogen peroxide on my arm and a severe scolding later, I knew not to
touch her belly in my sleep. She knew not to bunny kick Meowmie.

Jill
Old January 5th 13, 07:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"jmcquown" wrote in message
[...]

What a lovely story! Apparently you didn't know you were a cat person, but
she did. She knew just what she was doing.

I love the fact that you were going to the store and would let her in if she
was still there when you got home. On some level you must have known she
would be, since you bought all that cat paraphernalia. Either that or she
had hypnotized you. ;-)

Joy

Old January 5th 13, 08:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL[_2_]

"jmcquown" wrote in message ...

[...]

That's sweet, and are little gestures (I look at them as love) are so much
like Holly they could be cousins!

MaryL

Old January 6th 13, 02:08 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 1/5/2013 2:41 PM, Joy wrote:
"jmcquown" wrote in message
[...]

She must have hypnotized me because I went to the store specifically to
buy all that cat paraphernalia. I don't know what I'd have done with it
if she hadn't been there when I got home!

Jill
Old January 6th 13, 09:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Magic Mood Jeep

[...]

Weebs wishes a Happy Adoption Annipurrsary to His Preshus Persia! He
wants to let her know that he does the tap-tap with one paw, to...
except he uses just one of his ginsu-sharp lethal claws (he seems to
concentrate to extend just that one claw), just in cast the tap-tap
doesn't do the job Fortunately, he doesn't do the tap-tap on the
face, but on a hand or arm.

her wipe out Bunny's world domination.
--
The ONE and ONLY