Good news for me (OT)

Old September 29th 05, 12:56 AM
jmcquown

Default Good news for me (OT)

No, I didn't win another year supply of prescription cat food LOL

Got a letter from my apartment management. Because I have lived here so
long (since 1998) they are not going to increase my rent when my lease is up
at the end of this year. I also get to choose one item each from A, B, & C:

(A) $50 off one month's rent OR ceiling fan (one per bedroom, I have 2) OR
carpet cleaning

(B) $100 off one month's rent OR $75 gift certificate to Target OR $75 gift
certificate to WalMart

(C) $150 off one month's rent OR $100 gift certificate to Target OR $100
gift certificate to WalMart.

I'm going with the ceiling fans from A, the $75 gift certificate to Target
from B and $150 off one month's rent from C.

I'll have to talk to the apartment manager and see if they will continue to
waive the monthly pet fee for Persia. She's a good person, I'm pretty sure
she will agree to that.

Jill

Old September 29th 05, 02:44 AM
Yoj

"jmcquown" wrote in message
[...]

Wow! That's *very* good news!

Joy

Old September 29th 05, 03:13 AM
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

jmcquown wrote:

[...]

You sound like a responsible tenant - most landlords are
willing to make concessions, if they know you're willing to
pay for any damage your pet might do. (And unless you rent
a place furnished, most of the damage cats do is to your
property, not the owner's.)

Old September 29th 05, 03:32 AM
Cheryl

On Wed 28 Sep 2005 07:56:04p, jmcquown wrote in
rec.pets.cats.anecdotes ):

No, I didn't win another year supply of prescription cat food
LOL

Got a letter from my apartment management. Because I have lived
here so long (since 1998) they are not going to increase my rent
when my lease is up at the end of this year. I also get to
choose one item each from A, B, & C:

(A) $50 off one month's rent OR ceiling fan (one per bedroom, I
have 2) OR carpet cleaning

(B) $100 off one month's rent OR $75 gift certificate to Target
OR $75 gift certificate to WalMart

(C) $150 off one month's rent OR $100 gift certificate to
Target OR $100 gift certificate to WalMart.

I'm going with the ceiling fans from A, the $75 gift certificate
to Target from B and $150 off one month's rent from C.

I'll have to talk to the apartment manager and see if they will
continue to waive the monthly pet fee for Persia. She's a good
person, I'm pretty sure she will agree to that.

Jill

Jill, that's so nice of them to acknowlege your long term stay with
them. In my apt before I bought my house, I had a lot of damage due
to 1) closed bedroom door in order to sleep (Marley would sleep on
my face if he was allowed in the bedroom) and 2) my vaccum cleaner
wasn't very good and there was literally caked in cat fur in the
carpet and they had to pull the carpet before the next tenant could
move in. I have a better vaccum cleaner now, and have professional
cleaning done, but this is home-ownership vs. rental tenant. After
5 years in that apt, and when I moved out, they actually refunded
my security deposit in full. They even sent me a card wishing me
well in my new home. I think the key with anyone is
communication. They know you, they know you have Persia, and they
work with you.

--
Cheryl
Old September 29th 05, 04:31 AM
Marina

jmcquown wrote:
No, I didn't win another year supply of prescription cat food LOL

Got a letter from my apartment management. Because I have lived here so
long (since 1998) they are not going to increase my rent when my lease is up
at the end of this year. I also get to choose one item each from A, B, & C:

Sounds good. I've had some good news too re my new flat. My landlord
bought me a dishwasher! Yay, no more washing by hand in a cramped
kitchenette. Some bloke (a friend of my landlord's) is coming today to
rip out the cabinet under the sink, where the dishwasher will go.

I think I found, not just a good flat, but also a good landlord. ) He
bought this place for himself, but then he had to move to another city
to start up another branch of his business, but he didn't want to sell
this place. He is keeping it for his daughter. So he wanted a good
tenant for the time being. Said daughter is now 6 years old, so I think
I'll be staying here a while yet. ;o)

--
Marina, Frank, Miranda and Caliban. In loving memory of Nikki.
marina (dot) kurten (at) iki (dot) fi
Old September 29th 05, 05:28 AM
Karen

Old September 29th 05, 10:58 AM
Exocat

"jmcquown" wrote
No, I didn't win another year supply of prescription cat food LOL

Got a letter from my apartment management. Because I have lived here
so
long (since 1998) they are not going to increase my rent when my lease
is up
at the end of this year. I also get to choose one item each from A,
B, & C:

That's SO nice. I'm very pleased for you.
Of course more free catfood would've been nicer......:-)

Purrs
Gordon & the FF

Old September 29th 05, 11:39 AM
Adrian

jmcquown wrote:
[...]

Your luck seems to be improving :-) hopefully the next thing will be, you
get a job, one which you enjoy. :-)
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
A House is not a home, without a cat.

Old September 29th 05, 05:46 PM
Irulan

Sounds wonderful. Hope everything goes your way.
Lily & her mama
Jazz, RB

--

Irulan
from the stars we come

Old September 29th 05, 11:42 PM
jmcquown

Marina wrote:
jmcquown wrote:
[...]

Marina, I agree a good landlord is very hard to find. Congratulations on
your dishwasher!

Where I live is managed by a large company, not someone who owns the
property as an individual. They've always been very good - much better than
any other place *or* individual I've rented from in the past. If anything
breaks, they are right there to fix and/or replace it. I've heard so many
horror stories, I'm grateful to have a good management firm.

Jill