Ryan has a puuurroblem.

Old December 28th 08, 08:33 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Fred[_2_]

Default Ryan has a puuurroblem.

Ryan has been fussing and complaining all night and Fred got up to
see what was the matter. He couldn't tell at first, but then Ryan
made some hurking noises and fought it back. He doesn't seem to want
to hurk up a hairball, or can't. This could be serious I understand.
Is there a way to help him get rid of it that I can do at home, or
does he have to go to the TED?

--
Peace,
Fred
Old December 28th 08, 09:42 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Anti Sandy

Have you seen him bring up hairballs before? I would say take him to TED.
It could be something other than a hairball that is stuck somehow.

Sandy

Old December 28th 08, 12:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Granby

TED definitely. Could be something other than a hairball trying to get out.
Don't wait any longer than necessary, the stress on Ryan can aggravate the
problem.

Old December 28th 08, 08:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Mosey =^..^=[_3_] Mosey =^..^=[_3_] is offline
Banned

I think you should take him to TED. He might have swallowed
something and can't harff it up..
Kyla...Mosey's Meowmie

"Fred"

Old December 28th 08, 09:20 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Fred[_2_]

Mosey =^..^= wrote:

I think you should take him to TED. He might have swallowed
something and can't harff it up..
Kyla...Mosey's Meowmie

"Fred"
Ryan has been fussing and complaining all night and Fred got
up to
see what was the matter. He couldn't tell at first, but then Ryan
made some hurking noises and fought it back. He doesn't seem to
want
to hurk up a hairball, or can't. This could be serious I
understand. Is there a way to help him get rid of it that I can do
at home, or does he have to go to the TED?

--
Peace,
Fred
(Remove FFFf from my email address to reply by email).

I spoke to the Ted, the one that was recommended by the woman at the
Pet Value store some time ago. She asked me if his activity level
has changed, and no it hasn't. She asked me if his appetite was off,
and no it isn't. She asked me if he is still eliminating regularly,
and as near as I can tell he is. She doesn't think it's very urgent.
And he has been fine all day except for once when I was palpitating
his tummy to see if I could feel anything there. He was
uncomfortable about that and it did set off a small heaving incident.
A few moments later he was ready to play.
Diana has also displayed some unsettled heaving, but not the usual
kind. There is no hurking rythme to it. It's sort of a quivering
hurk, but may be similar to what Ryan is showing also and if they
both have a similar affliction at the same time, it may be food
related. I was trying them on some cat food that I bought in bulk to
save some money. I am throwing out what remains of it,and we're
going back to the Indoor Cat formula I had before.
We'll see how they do tonight. If it gets to be too intense, the
Emergency TED is there 24/7 and I can deal with it as need be. I
have their number now.

Old December 28th 08, 09:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Lucy[_3_]

[...]

Hoo. I would ignore this TED and not wait to see, or call. I would take
him right in. The fact that it has continued indicates abnormality.

Julie
Old December 28th 08, 11:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Fred[_2_]

Lucy wrote:

[...]

I'm taking him in tomorrow when they have regualar appointments. I
have almost no money for this, which is why they are all going to
Heather's on Saturday. I don't want to take a bunch of sick cats to
her either, of course. By the way, Cinnamon is OK and showing no
signs of anything wrong. Diana and Ryan are OK most of the time.
It will cost me $50 just for the taxis to come and go. It will
probably be a couple of hundred dollars for the visit and if they
need operations, well, that just isn't happening here.
If anyone know of a treatment for hairballs that I could administer
at home for a few dollars, that would be a big help. I have mineral
oil, but we've always thought of that as a preventative measure, not
a cure for existing hairballs. If the hairball is too big and will
choke my poor kitties, then I don't want to induce that. But I don't
know what will work and what might be dangerous.
Old December 29th 08, 12:09 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Mosey =^..^=[_3_] Mosey =^..^=[_3_] is offline
Banned

Default Re Hey Fred : Ryan has a puuurroblem.

If anyone know of a treatment for hairballs that I could administer
at home for a few dollars, that would be a big help. I have mineral
oil, but we've always thought of that as a preventative measure, not
a cure for existing hairballs. If the hairball is too big and will
choke my poor kitties, then I don't want to induce that. But I don't
know what will work and what might be dangerous.

We used :Laxatone, it's in a tube and contains,white petrolium USP, cory
syrup, malt syrup, soybean oil, mineral oil, mollassas, and a few other
things. that you can get at TED's, it costs about $12 USA, $6 on the
internet and is made in Ontario, Canada. It's tuna flavored and is for the
prevention and elimination of hairballs. Ask TED about it. I think it
might have a slight laxative effext. Mosey used to have a hairball problem
and got constipated, and that's why we got it.
We ordered 3 tubes of it, and if you'll e-mail me where to send you a brand
new tube, I'll gladly send it to you.
It might be 'nerves' that they're going thru with the move and everything,
but please ask TED if this might help, and let me know.
Write me

with a Cc to

I could just send it to Heather's, but I don't know if she even got her
Kissamouse Card..I have her address. If I send it, IDK if it will get there
by Saturday.
Call TED and ask about it immediately..
IDK if you have a Petco there, but you might be able to get it there.
Puuuuuuurs...everything will be okay....
Kyla

Old December 29th 08, 05:07 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Rusty

On Dec 28, 6:08*pm, Fred wrote:
Lucy wrote:

[...]

(Remove FFFf from my email address to reply by email).- Hide quoted text -

Give 1 teaspoon of canned pumpkin (not the pumpkin pie filling) every
day.
I read about this in a vet column and Rusty's TED said it is O.K. to
use.

Winnie