Here's a Hint for Static electricity and cat fur

Old March 15th 18, 04:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default Here's a Hint for Static electricity and cat fur

It's the time of year where I live when static electricity due to the
changing of the seasons and shedding combine to make a keyboard with a
cat nearby a *magnet* for fur.

Here's the hint. Rub a dryer fabric softener sheet over the keyboard.
It actually picks up cat fur while leaving behind an anti-static chemical.

Of course you don't want to rub one on your cat. If your cat loves to
loll on the keyboard you probably want to skip this helpful hint.

Buffy doesn't get on the keyboard. Her fur just sort of wafts there.
(she gets brushed and furminated all the time - she's just a fur
factory!) This is a quick and easy way to deal with it.

Of course shut your computer off (or disconnect your keyboard) before
you run the anti-static fabric softener cloth across the keyboard.
Unless you want it to look like a cat trying to send code back to the
Mothership.

TYHJNM,wq eeeeeeeeeeeeRFTVGBYHUIJOKLP;'/IOU765TR346T7YUIKOLP;['

I have no idea what that just did to my computer. LOL It really does
work to get rid of and retard the collection of cat hair on a keyboard
due to static electricity.

Jill
Old March 19th 18, 07:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 3/17/2018 1:50 PM, Judith Latham wrote:
In article , jmcquown
wrote:
[...]

That's a good tip.

Judith

I know it works. Buffy sheds a LOT. Her fur just sort of wafts
everywhere despite frequent brushings. Using an (intended to be
electric clothes dryer sheet) on the keyboard is quite effective. It
picks up existing cat fur as a dusting cloth and also repels it.
Anti-stick anti-static.

Jill