How many times a day should I feed Tessie?

Old March 24th 06, 09:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default How many times a day should I feed Tessie?

I put the bowl back on the dresser yesterday after they knocked it off
the cat tree... I just heard scrunching sounds and thought 'good
Tessie's having lunch' but then I swivelled my head and saw black fur
on the bench, and grey fur up on the dresser... wrong cat eating!
Silver's way too pudgy already - the last thing she needs is extra
calories!

Since Silver can (and quite happily will) get up to the cat feeder on
the dresser I don't know what else to do other than to start giving
Tessie definite feeding times and put the bowl away somewhere in
between. She eats dry Science Diet kitten kibble, so how much should I
put out at a time, and how often does she really NEED to eat, since
she's about five months old?

Old March 24th 06, 10:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Karen AKA Kajikit" wrote in message
I put the bowl back on the dresser yesterday after they knocked it off
the cat tree... I just heard scrunching sounds and thought 'good
Tessie's having lunch' but then I swivelled my head and saw black fur
on the bench, and grey fur up on the dresser... wrong cat eating!
Silver's way too pudgy already - the last thing she needs is extra
calories!

Since Silver can (and quite happily will) get up to the cat feeder on
the dresser I don't know what else to do other than to start giving
Tessie definite feeding times and put the bowl away somewhere in
between. She eats dry Science Diet kitten kibble, so how much should I
put out at a time, and how often does she really NEED to eat, since
she's about five months old?

Az mutch as shee wantz!!!

Shmogg (IBKFergus)

Old March 24th 06, 10:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Karen AKA Kajikit wrote:
I put the bowl back on the dresser yesterday after they knocked it off
the cat tree... I just heard scrunching sounds and thought 'good
Tessie's having lunch' but then I swivelled my head and saw black fur
on the bench, and grey fur up on the dresser... wrong cat eating!
Silver's way too pudgy already - the last thing she needs is extra
calories!

Since Silver can (and quite happily will) get up to the cat feeder on
the dresser I don't know what else to do other than to start giving
Tessie definite feeding times and put the bowl away somewhere in
between. She eats dry Science Diet kitten kibble, so how much should I
put out at a time, and how often does she really NEED to eat, since
she's about five months old?

Perhaps call the vet and ask how much she should be fed? I think it's
really a subjective thing to ask how much she should eat. The fact is she's
being fed (and thank you for taking her in and doing it!!) so at this point
I'm not sure it matters what she eats or how much.

Jill

Old March 24th 06, 11:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Karen AKA Kajikit" wrote in message
I put the bowl back on the dresser yesterday after they knocked it off
the cat tree... I just heard scrunching sounds and thought 'good
Tessie's having lunch' but then I swivelled my head and saw black fur
on the bench, and grey fur up on the dresser... wrong cat eating!
Silver's way too pudgy already - the last thing she needs is extra
calories!

Since Silver can (and quite happily will) get up to the cat feeder on
the dresser I don't know what else to do other than to start giving
Tessie definite feeding times and put the bowl away somewhere in
between. She eats dry Science Diet kitten kibble, so how much should I
put out at a time, and how often does she really NEED to eat, since
she's about five months old?

I can only offer dog advice, but cats are a bit similar. At five months my
puppies were having three meals a day. Meat a.m. Milk meal,(semolina, rice
pud sort of thing) lunch time. Meat meal p.m.
Six months 2 x meat meals.

Tessie probably needs three meals a day still and milk in some form for a
few weeks yet.

Tweed

Old March 25th 06, 01:40 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Karen AKA Kajikit" wrote in message

She eats dry Science Diet kitten kibble, so how much should I
put out at a time, and how often does she really NEED to eat, since
she's about five months old?///

Lily eats *ALL* the time (she's about the same age as Tessie), but
fortunately I don't have the problem you have with the others. What i
would do, is see how much it says to feed on the sack, add 10% and then
split it into 4 meals.

If she's constantly crying for food, add more, if she leaves some, feed
less.

Helen M

Old March 26th 06, 12:43 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Helen Miles wrote:
"Karen AKA Kajikit" wrote in message

She eats dry Science Diet kitten kibble, so how much should I
put out at a time, and how often does she really NEED to eat, since
she's about five months old?///

Lily eats *ALL* the time (she's about the same age as Tessie), but
fortunately I don't have the problem you have with the others. What i
would do, is see how much it says to feed on the sack, add 10% and
then split it into 4 meals.

If she's constantly crying for food, add more, if she leaves some,
feed less.

Helen M

Of course, doesn't matter how fat they are or whether or not they are really
hungry, all cats are starving all the time. I think it's a law

Jill

Old March 26th 06, 04:39 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Sat, 25 Mar 2006 17:43:41 -0600, "jmcquown"
wrote:

Helen Miles wrote:
"Karen AKA Kajikit" wrote in message

She eats dry Science Diet kitten kibble, so how much should I
put out at a time, and how often does she really NEED to eat, since
she's about five months old?///

Lily eats *ALL* the time (she's about the same age as Tessie), but
fortunately I don't have the problem you have with the others. What i
would do, is see how much it says to feed on the sack, add 10% and
then split it into 4 meals.

If she's constantly crying for food, add more, if she leaves some,
feed less.

Helen M

Of course, doesn't matter how fat they are or whether or not they are really
hungry, all cats are starving all the time. I think it's a law

Tessie's being obstinate... I put a handful of kibble in her bowl this
morning thinking I'd give her more whenever she went up there and
looked hungry... so what did she do? She nibbled at it and left half
of it there all day long. I just heard munchings and crunchings and of
course it was Silver filling her tummy - I shooed her down and turned
my back and five seconds later there she was again! I had to spray her
to chase her away from it...

Cat Used As 'Target Practice' Survives Being Shot 6 Times Andy Cat health & behaviour 0 March 5th 06 07:40 AM
Tessie update jaggath Cat anecdotes 5 February 24th 06 09:44 AM
Tessie settles in jaggath Cat anecdotes 10 February 17th 06 09:26 PM
New York Times: Focus on Cats Suzanne via CatKB.com Cat health & behaviour 1 August 1st 05 11:53 AM
Feed the Animals (Not quite OT) EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque) Cat anecdotes 2 May 25th 04 04:17 AM