Purrs for a friend

Old April 11th 12, 11:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_4_]

Default Purrs for a friend

Lesley wrote:
I wasn't too bad yesterday she'd been taken off the ventilator and
moved from the ICU to the HDU (I think Merkins call this the Step Down
Ward) but this morning she was taken back to the ICU and it does not
look good.....keep them purrs coming

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Continuing purrs.

--
Adrian
Old April 12th 12, 02:54 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

Lesley wrote:

I wasn't too bad yesterday she'd been taken off the ventilator and
moved from the ICU to the HDU (I think Merkins call this the Step Down
Ward) but this morning she was taken back to the ICU and it does not
look good.....keep them purrs coming

I'm so sorry! Purrs are continuing.

I've never heard the phrase "step down ward", but at one hospital I've
been to (as a visitor, not a patient), they had something called the
"transitional care unit", which was in between the ICU and the regular
ward.

--
Joyce

There is no alternative to being yourself.
Old April 12th 12, 05:14 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

On 11.4.2012 21:19, Joy wrote:

After hearing about a friend who hadn't been found until four days after he
died, I made an arrangement with my kids. I check in with them by email
every day, and tell them of any plans I have to go anywhere for the next two
days. If they don't get my message, one of them will email me the next day.
If I don't respond, they'll call. If I don't answer, and don't return the
call in a reasonable length of time, they will call my next door neighbor,
who has a key to my house.

At my daughter's suggestion, I also have 'Lifeline'. I have a button I wear
around my neck. It can be worn even in the shower. There is a unit in my
bedroom with a built in microphone and loud speaker. If I push the button,
I get a response within a minute. I am supposed to test it every month, so
I've timed it. If I answer when they respond, they will act accordingly -
simply reset if I'm doing my monthly test, order an ambulance and notify my
kids if necessary. If I don't respond, they'll also take action.

After I had my fall in December, Mum wanted me to get one of those
things. She has one, now that she lives in an assisted-living flat. I'm
just glad I didn't hit my head when I fell on my back. I managed to drag
myself on my elbows to where my mobile phone was on a table and rang the
emergency number myself.

--
Marina, Miranda, Caliban and viktor.
In loving memory of Frank and Nikki.

Old April 12th 12, 06:23 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"Marina" wrote in message
On 11.4.2012 21:19, Joy wrote:

[...]

Because of my age and income, I get mine for only $15 a month. I think it's
well worth it.

Joy

Old April 12th 12, 03:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley Madigan

It's not looking good she's still in the ICU and the doc's have now
said if she deterioates any further they will withdraw treatment

Old April 12th 12, 04:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_4_]

Lesley Madigan wrote:
It's not looking good she's still in the ICU and the doc's have now
said if she deterioates any further they will withdraw treatment

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

{{{{{{{{{{{{Lesley}}}}}}}}}}}}
--
Adrian
Old April 12th 12, 04:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
dgk

On 2012-04-11 3:37 PM, Judith Latham wrote:
In ,
wrote:
Lesley wrote:

I get back to work after a week off to find an old work colleague has
been trying to urgently get in touch with me

Judith who is a very good friend (this is the lady who came in and
held my hand at my disciplinary hearing) and honorary aunt to many
cats including my owners has been in an ICU for 2 weeks. Apparently
she had a peptic ulcer perforate with no warning (a couple of mutual
friends apparently went for coffee with her 2 or so days beforehand
and she was fine) and what didn't help is as she lives alone it seems
she may have lay in her flat for 2 days (it was only that a neighbour
who usually sees her in the morning when they both collect their
newspapers realised he hadn't seen her and she would have told him if
she was going away and looked through the letter box and saw her....)

Thank god for attentive neighbors! What a terrible thought, being sick
and not having anyone around to notice for 2 days. I hope she comes
through OK!

I agree!

A friend of mine at work lives alone. He doesn't have many close friends,
in fact I can't think of any other but me, he may have another but he
never mentions anyone. he has an elderly Aunt and a cousin who has a
family but my friend doesn't see him much, he just goes to see his Aunt
every few weeks. He loves to go away on holiday and I worry that if
anything happened no one would know until he didn't turn up for work, that
he wasn't home. I've persuaded him to send me a email when he gets back.
It doesn't matter if it's a load of rubbish he's to send me something.
When he's sick, I email him and if I don't get a reply I ring him to
check.

Judith

A lot of people who live alone, especially as they get older, have an
informal arrangement with a friend that one will call the other every
day without fail, and investigate if there is no reply. It's cheaper
than those alarm necklaces and bracelets, and probably works as well or
better, when you consider sometimes people pass out and can't signal for
help.

Both are best. We're working on that for my Mother who is living
alone. She has lots of friends in the area and all check on each
other, but we're also evaluating which Lifeline type thing to get her.
We don't want her on the floor for a day waiting for someone to come
over and see why she isn't answering the phone.
Old April 12th 12, 05:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

On 12.4.2012 17:42, Lesley Madigan wrote:
It's not looking good she's still in the ICU and the doc's have now
said if she deterioates any further they will withdraw treatment

I'm so sorry, Lesley. Lots of purrs still ongoing.

Old April 12th 12, 09:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley[_4_]

Oh and the day had another sting in its tail- found out one of my
uncles has cancer. ,,with secondaries (My brother said it spread from
his brain to his lungs but likely the other way round) what with 2
funerals this week (friend of a friend lost thei 2-year old daughter,
Ali at work lost her cousin last week- 32 leaving 2 small children)

I am surprised I'm not in a straight jacket

Old April 12th 12, 10:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley[_4_]

And I found out a few hours ago one of my uncles has cancer..Yesterday
a friend supported a friend at the funeral of their 2-year old
daughter tomorrow one of my work colleagues is doing a reading at the
funeral of her 32-year old cousin who has left 2 small children and a
husband bereft.....

I feel like I am in the eye of a storm right now

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Purrs for my friend jmcquown[_2_] Cat anecdotes 3 February 24th 12 12:59 AM
Purrs for a friend Marina Cat anecdotes 0 January 14th 06 04:29 AM
Purrs for a friend Karen Cat anecdotes 0 January 14th 06 04:18 AM
Purrs for a friend CatNipped Cat anecdotes 0 January 14th 06 04:17 AM
Purrs for a friend and her cat (RB) :o( Gabey8 Cat anecdotes 19 March 10th 05 10:23 AM