Sorry - just venting (Was: adopting a stray)

Old March 7th 05, 04:48 PM
Brian Link

Default Sorry - just venting (Was: adopting a stray)

Sometimes usenet just seems like a big canyon I can holler into in
frustration.. I forget sometimes that there's folks inside getting
hollered toward..

I'm not doing anything rash. I'd been awake for about 30 hours when I
wrote that and was just ****ed. Sorry if I've alarmed anyone.. =P

BLink

Old March 7th 05, 04:58 PM
Mary

"Brian Link" wrote in message
Sometimes usenet just seems like a big canyon I can holler into in
frustration.. I forget sometimes that there's folks inside getting
hollered toward..

You're doing what you're supposed to do with it.

I'm not doing anything rash. I'd been awake for about 30 hours when I
wrote that and was just ****ed. Sorry if I've alarmed anyone.. =P

In my heart of hearts I believe you love Henry and will not be happy
letting him go. He is not just a stray you fostered and helped, you
are really attached to him. (Partly why I cannot bring myself to foster--
yet.) I still think you should keep Henry. It is your love that makes
him "different" from the millions of others.

Old March 7th 05, 05:12 PM
KellyH

"Mary" wrote
In my heart of hearts I believe you love Henry and will not be happy
letting him go. He is not just a stray you fostered and helped, you
are really attached to him. (Partly why I cannot bring myself to foster--
yet.) I still think you should keep Henry. It is your love that makes
him "different" from the millions of others.

Mary, if Henry is making the other cats miserable, why is it a good thing to
keep him? Sometimes a cat just does not work in a particular household.
Should that cat or the other cats have to suffer just because the person
loves him? I've dealt with a lot of people surrendering cats, and when
applicable, I do urge them to keep their cats.
I know it's a cliche, but sometimes love isn't enough. It has to be the
right home for the cat, too.
Yes, I do get attached to my fosters and I *still* love them, even though
they aren't here. I did end up keeping one and I would love to keep my
current foster. So far, no one's interested in her Those that are, get
scared off by her condition.

--
-Kelly
kelly at farringtons dot net

Old March 7th 05, 05:30 PM
Mary

"KellyH" wrote in message
"Mary" wrote
[...]

I have followed Brian's stories about Henry from months ago when he first
posted.
I understand all of the above--that Brian's love for Henry is not
"enough" to solve all the problems, particularly with the other cats. I
understand
why giving Henry away makes sense, logically. But I also believe that Brian
will not be happy unless he finds a way to keep Henry. He loves him.

Old March 7th 05, 05:37 PM
KellyH

"Mary" wrote
I have followed Brian's stories about Henry from months ago when he first
posted.
I understand all of the above--that Brian's love for Henry is not
"enough" to solve all the problems, particularly with the other cats. I
understand
why giving Henry away makes sense, logically. But I also believe that
Brian
will not be happy unless he finds a way to keep Henry. He loves him.

I also take in my fosters knowing that they are fosters, so that is a big
difference.
I feel awful for Brian, what a tough place to be in

Old March 7th 05, 06:03 PM
Mary

"KellyH" wrote in message
"Mary" wrote
I have followed Brian's stories about Henry from months ago when he

first
posted.
I understand all of the above--that Brian's love for Henry is not
"enough" to solve all the problems, particularly with the other cats. I
understand
why giving Henry away makes sense, logically. But I also believe that
Brian
will not be happy unless he finds a way to keep Henry. He loves him.

I also take in my fosters knowing that they are fosters, so that is a big
difference.
I feel awful for Brian, what a tough place to be in
--

Yeah. I would not be strong enough to give Henry away. My heart
would break. I'd just have to find a way to keep him.

Old March 7th 05, 06:24 PM
Priscilla Ballou

In article ,
Brian Link wrote:

Sometimes usenet just seems like a big canyon I can holler into in
frustration.. I forget sometimes that there's folks inside getting
hollered toward..

I'm not doing anything rash. I'd been awake for about 30 hours when I
wrote that and was just ****ed. Sorry if I've alarmed anyone.. =P

Hang in there, Brian! Your concern for Henry is touching, and I have a
feeling a good solution can be found.

Priscilla
--
"You can't welcome someone into a body of Christ and then say only
certain rooms are open." -- dancertm in alt.religion.christian.episcopal