Purrayers needed for little Delta please!

Old September 20th 03, 09:35 AM
Kajikit

Default Purrayers needed for little Delta please!

Little Delta needs your purrayers please... she went to what was
supposed to be her forever home the other day, and John just had to go
and pick her up from the vet tonight - somebody who was supposed to
love
her didn't

She's going to be living with John now (along with the three foster
cats
he collected just before the other five left)... but what I don't
understand is how can people be so incredibly horrible to such a small
helpless loving creature? I didn't even have to SEE her to love her -
whenever I'm on the phone with John she's snuggled up close to him
mewing occasionally just so we don't forget her. It must be an
incredibly comical sight because she's so tiny and he's such a big guy
that he must seem like a MOUNTAIN to her I just hope he'll be able
persuade her that it's still okay to love and trust people after what
happened to her...

Anyway, purr for her please... she needs a lot of love

--

Karen AKA Kajikit

Here kitty kitty kitty... visit http://www.catslaves.org!

Come and visit my part of the web:
Kajikit's Corner: http://Kajikit.netfirms.com/ and/or http://www.kajikitscorner.com
Old September 20th 03, 10:04 AM
MaryL

"Kajikit" wrote in message
Little Delta needs your purrayers please... she went to what was
supposed to be her forever home the other day, and John just had to go
and pick her up from the vet tonight - somebody who was supposed to
love
her didn't

She's going to be living with John now (along with the three foster
cats
he collected just before the other five left)... but what I don't
understand is how can people be so incredibly horrible to such a small
helpless loving creature?

I just hope he'll be able
persuade her that it's still okay to love and trust people after what
happened to her...

Anyway, purr for her please... she needs a lot of love

--

Karen AKA Kajikit

I hope this means that John has adopted her and that this is not a temporary
move. If it is, I am sure Delta will soon adjust. My Duffy (who is blind
but gets around wonderfully well) was returned to the shelter after two
years. Like you, I simply can't understand it because he is an incredibly
loving, sweet-natured cat. I sometimes think about how terrible it must
have been for him to have been abandoned like that and left to live at the
shelter for several months before I adopted him. However, the day he came
into my life was truly a lucky day for me -- and I believe it also was for
him because no one could love him more. The same will be true for Delta and
John. Just give her lots of love, and she will soon know this time it
really is her forever home.

MaryL

Photos of Duffy and Holly (pictorial history of my blind cat Duffy's
integration into our household):
Duffy, Part I: The Introduction -- http://tinyurl.com/8y54
Duffy, Part II: Life at Home -- http://tinyurl.com/8y56

Old September 20th 03, 02:27 PM
jmcquown

Kajikit wrote:
Little Delta needs your purrayers please... she went to what was
supposed to be her forever home the other day, and John just had to go
and pick her up from the vet tonight - somebody who was supposed to
love
her didn't

How horrible! What did they do to the poor little thing?!

She's going to be living with John now (along with the three foster
cats
he collected just before the other five left)... but what I don't
understand is how can people be so incredibly horrible to such a small
helpless loving creature? I didn't even have to SEE her to love her -
whenever I'm on the phone with John she's snuggled up close to him
mewing occasionally just so we don't forget her. It must be an
incredibly comical sight because she's so tiny and he's such a big guy
that he must seem like a MOUNTAIN to her I just hope he'll be able
persuade her that it's still okay to love and trust people after what
happened to her...

Anyway, purr for her please... she needs a lot of love

She's got my purrs, and Persia's too!

Jill

Old September 20th 03, 02:35 PM
Christine Burel

How sad, Karen -- major purrs for the little baby to recover quickly under
John's care. Hugs for you, too.
Christine
"Kajikit" wrote in message
[...]

Allergyfree Eating Recipe Swap:

Old September 20th 03, 02:49 PM
Gizela

Purrs for poor little Delta

I don't understand the mentality of people who do that. Why would they adopt
a cat then not want it anymore? Aren't those beautiful adorable eyes looking
up at you enough?

Angela and Gizmo (both posing under an alias, Gizela)

Old September 20th 03, 04:25 PM
MaryL

"Nanny" wrote in message
Maybe the same thing that happened to me long ago ?
We'd been adopted by a really sweet cat, but didn't want a 5th cat at that
moment. A (female) coworker of my then husband wanted to take her in, and
when we got there she and the cat bonded immediately, the cat was on her
lap, purring, almost before we sat down. We asked her how her boyfriend
would react, and she said he'd love it, he was always so loving with her
parents cats.
Well, at the end of the evening, she was on the phone in tears, totally
upset, and her boyfriend shouting in the background, he was so angry that

we
thought he'd kill the cat, so we went there again to pick her up, ignoring
all traffic rules. My husband went in on his own, the boyfriend was still
angry, saying things like he couldn't understand how crazy people could be
having 4 cats, which was directed at us. Fortunately he hadn't hurt the

cat,
so she came home with us again, and got a loving home a week later with
people that had lost a cat that looked exactly like her.

--
Nanny

I hope your friend dumped her boyfriend. He sounds like he could be
violent -- and someone who can be violent toward cats can also be violent
toward people.

MaryL

Old September 20th 03, 04:37 PM
jmcquown

MaryL wrote:
"Nanny" wrote in message
Maybe the same thing that happened to me long ago ?
Well, at the end of the evening, she was on the phone in tears,
totally upset, and her boyfriend shouting in the background, he was
so angry that we thought he'd kill the cat

(snip)
--
Nanny

I hope your friend dumped her boyfriend. He sounds like he could be
violent -- and someone who can be violent toward cats can also be
violent toward people.

MaryL

My long-gone-ex-husband brought home a tiny mutt puppy. I never wanted a
dog but I fell in love with it. Well, when he discovered the puppy would
poop on the floor he went ballistic. Literally threw the tiny dog down on
an enclosure on the cement balcony. Then he came running to me, "I think
there's something wrong with the dog!" My god, it could barely breathe. I
(we, yeah, right) rushed it to the vet; in my haste I left without my
glasses and couldn't even see to drive. When we got to the vet, we were
asked, "Was this dog hit by a car? It's got contusions and internal bleeding
like it was hit." My (THANKFULLY) ex-husband said yes. I said NO. You
THREW HIM. YOU DID THIS. He was appropriately ashamed and offered no
comment. I made sure the vet was going to take care of the pup.

You are absolutely correct in that someone who would get so upset about a
cat or a dog can become violent towards women. I wasn't married 2 years
before I left the *******, and took the dog with me, too. He never hit me,
but he shoved me and knocked over furniture. What on earth causes someone
to have that much rage in them? I have no idea.

20 years later, my fiance, Ray, is a dog person. But even Persia has
managed to charm him All he asks is that Persia not attack what she
thinks is a 'snake' under the covers when he's about to wake up in the
mornings. ROFL!

Jill

Old September 20th 03, 04:58 PM
JBHajos

On Sat, 20 Sep 2003 18:35:23 +1000, Kajikit
wrote:

Little Delta needs your purrayers please...

Awww, poor little baby. She certainly has as many purrs, purrayers,
doggy-wags, and good thoughts as we can muster. I'm glad she's back
with John; he'll be so good to her.

Jeanne
Old September 20th 03, 08:03 PM
Steve Touchstone

wrote:

[...]

Major purrs going out that Delta will quickly forget her bad
experience, and that her next home will in fact be her onetruehome.

I won't try to express my feelings towards those who would abuse any
animal - but am thinking some pretty ugly thoughts.
Old September 20th 03, 09:53 PM
Brenda

"Kajikit" wrote in message
Little Delta needs your purrayers please... she went to what was
supposed to be her forever home the other day, and John just had to go
and pick her up from the vet tonight - somebody who was supposed to love

her didn't

She's going to be living with John now (along with the three foster cats
he collected just before the other five left)... but what I don't
understand is how can people be so incredibly horrible to such a small
helpless loving creature? I didn't even have to SEE her to love her -
whenever I'm on the phone with John she's snuggled up close to him
mewing occasionally just so we don't forget her. It must be an
incredibly comical sight because she's so tiny and he's such a big guy
that he must seem like a MOUNTAIN to her I just hope he'll be able to
persuade her that it's still okay to love and trust people after what

happened to her...

Anyway, purr for her please... she needs a lot of love

--

Karen AKA Kajikit

Here kitty kitty kitty... visit http://www.catslaves.org!

Come and visit my part of the web:
Kajikit's Corner: http://Kajikit.netfirms.com/ and/or

http://www.kajikitscorner.com
Allergyfree Eating Recipe Swap:

purrs and scritches for sweet little Delta.
Brenda