Strange Hoomin Alert!

Old July 8th 04, 07:54 PM
jmcquown

Default Strange Hoomin Alert!

Persia was out in her Kitty Walk on the patio. I always keep an eye on her
but I turned my back for maybe 10 minutes. Suddenly I hear this loud
meowing. I go to the back patio door. Egads! The postman had dropped off
a package! Persia was *demanding* to be let back inside. MEOWWWW! How
dare you leave me out here when strange humans can just walk up and plop a
box down like that?! Are you insane?

Oh, I'm so sorry, Persia! Come inside and have a nice soothing drink of
cool water from the fountain I just cleaned. Eat some of that $28 food.
Snuggle in my lap for a brushing and then jump on the cat cradle for a
snooze. Don't forget to play with your glittery ball, the crinkly mylar
balls, the sisal mouse with the feather tail and the numerous soft catnip
mice. You lead such a stressed life. Let me see what I can do to make it
more pleasant for you. And I'll call the post office and tell them to
stop delivering packages when you're in your Kitty Walk. I'm sure the
United States Postal Service will bow to that command instantly; I hear
their computers are connected to the Mothership.

Jill

Old July 8th 04, 08:27 PM
Steve Touchstone

On Thu, 8 Jul 2004 13:54:54 -0500, "jmcquown"
wrote:

[...]

Or perhaps she just wants that box emptied - NOW - so she can play
with/in it. I swear it brokeSammy's heart when I accepted delivery of
a package for a neighbor, and then gave it to the neighbor without
letting Sam play in it. Since the box was here a couple days with the
neighbor out of town, even LB got over her fear of new/strange things
in her environment and had taken to napping on it.
--
Steve Touchstone,

[remove Junk for email]
Home Page:

Old July 8th 04, 08:34 PM
Karen

My sister and her beau were visiting this weekend. I don't have many
visitors. Well, Sugar never did come out. Pearl was the only suck up. Grant
came out and laid around but he did see them. They stayed in a room down the
hall. One of the days I was sitting on the couch with Grant and they came in
the front door. Man, Grant sat up and his eyes got huge and he
grrrroooowweled and his claws came out. Sat like a statue on my lap NOT
happy about intruders. AS though he hadn't seen them all the day before!! My
little guard cat.

. ..

Old July 8th 04, 09:25 PM
jmcquown

wrote:

Persia was out in her Kitty Walk on the patio. I always keep an eye
on her but I turned my back for maybe 10 minutes. Suddenly I hear
this loud meowing. I go to the back patio door. Egads! The
postman had dropped off a package!

Or perhaps she just wants that box emptied - NOW - so she can play
with/in it. I swear it brokeSammy's heart when I accepted delivery of
a package for a neighbor, and then gave it to the neighbor without
letting Sam play in it. Since the box was here a couple days with the
neighbor out of town, even LB got over her fear of new/strange things
in her environment and had taken to napping on it.

Oh dear... I didn't think about the BOX! Well, it was a small box so I
wasn't thinking. She wouldn't fit in it. Doesn't mean it's not toy
material - what's wrong with me???

Jill

Old July 8th 04, 09:52 PM
Sherry

My sister and her beau were visiting this weekend. I don't have many
visitors. Well, Sugar never did come out. Pearl was the only suck up. Grant
came out and laid around but he did see them. They stayed in a room down the
hall. One of the days I was sitting on the couch with Grant and they came in
the front door. Man, Grant sat up and his eyes got huge and he
grrrroooowweled and his claws came out. Sat like a statue on my lap NOT
happy about intruders. AS though he hadn't seen them all the day before!! My
little guard cat.

I don't have many visitors either and my cats act exactly like yours do. The

exception is my father who comes every day, who incidentally *hates* cats, and
they crawl all over him. Sometimes I go, "Oooo, they *love* their Grampa." He
just scowls. LOL
My sons cat Bosley loves up on anybody that walks in.

Sherry