5-1/2 month old kitten does eat hard food anymore

Old December 12th 05, 07:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Default 5-1/2 month old kitten does eat hard food anymore

Hello,

My Kitten was sick a week ago. I have brought her to the vet and she
received an antibiotic shot and also antibiotic meds to be administered
orally. Since then I have noticed a wonderful difference in Samba!
Her eyes seem healthy and she has stopped vomitting her food. She
vomitted both hard and soft foods.

With that said. She used to eat her hard food like crazy and I would
give her wet food a few times a week as a treat. But now, since the
illness, she doesn't eat the hard food. The Vet stated that whe might
have had a sore throat. He said we should see a difference in a few
days. I saw no difference.

Yesterday, she took a few nibbles of her hard food but not enough to
make a difference.

What could be wrong? Does she hate her hard food now?

I feed her the Nutro brand (indoor kitten food) in both hard and wet.

Thanks for any advice.

Bigs

PS: She almost bit my finger off while giving her meds... *lol* Poor
Samba. So her jaw muscles are nice and strong! *lol*

Old December 12th 05, 07:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Bigs wrote:

[...]

It is actually a good thing that she consumes soft food (canned) now,
because there is more moisture in the canned which is good for cats.

Old December 12th 05, 07:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Joe is correct. Be happy that she likes canned food - it is much better
for her (although not as convenient for you).

---MIKE---
In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
(44° 15' N - Elevation 1580')

Old December 12th 05, 11:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Bigs wrote:
Hello,
What could be wrong? Does she hate her hard food now?

It's much better for kitty to eat canned food and only have dry as
treats. Here's a couple really good articles:

http://www.catinfo.org/zorans_article.pdf

http://www.catinfo.org/index.htm

Lauren

Old December 14th 05, 12:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Thanks everyone for your replies!

Do any of you brush your cats teeth? Does wet food rot their teeth?

Samba absolutely flips over wet food. She climbs my leg! )

This is my Samba! http://www.flickr.com/photos/bigs73/sets/1203738/

Old December 14th 05, 12:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Bigs wrote:

Thanks everyone for your replies!

Do any of you brush your cats teeth? Does wet food rot their teeth?

Samba absolutely flips over wet food. She climbs my leg! )

This is my Samba! http://www.flickr.com/photos/bigs73/sets/1203738/

Oh my gosh! What a cutie!

Yes, I'm certain some do. Use Google and do a search of the archives of
this newsgroup. Phil has offered good advice on the how-to in that area.

Old December 14th 05, 01:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Bigs wrote:
Thanks everyone for your replies!

Do any of you brush your cats teeth? Does wet food rot their teeth?

Samba absolutely flips over wet food. She climbs my leg! )

This is my Samba! http://www.flickr.com/photos/bigs73/sets/1203738/

Samba is really cute!
Now is a good time to get your cat used to having her teeth brushed.
They make little toothbrushes for cats. I like the CET cat one.

For my cats, I give them chicken gizzards which is good for cleaning
their teeth and excercising their jaws. I give them raw, but if you
want, you could braise them in a little butter.

Lauren

See my cats: http://tinyurl.com/76tg8