Air Mattress

Old October 4th 10, 09:48 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mischief[_2_]

Default Air Mattress

When it was really hot last week in Los Angeles, (115 degrees), I
brought out the air mattress into the living room so I could sleep
with the a/c on (no a/c in the bedroom) It takes up almost all of the
open living room space so periodically I would deflate the air
mattress so it would be easier to walk through the living room

The cats didn't know what to make of it at first. Here was this thing
that would move up and down as if there were greeblings in it. Mayhem
has stared at it very intently when i'm inflating it. And once when i
popped the valve so it could deflate, I then walked into the other
room. I then came back and saw Mayhem on the deflating mattress with
wide eyes, and every now and then the movement would catch her
attention and she would pounce. Then another section would deflate
and she'd pounce again. Silly!

However, I find then the deflated mass of blankets on top of the air
mattress is quite comfy. Because when I finally get tired and go to
inflate the mattress, I find I can't because there's a cat curled up
on it with a look saying, "I don't plan on moving."

Okies, gonna try to sleep now..

Kristi
Old October 4th 10, 02:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_4_]

You are *such* a well-trained slave! ;

--
Hugs,

CatNipped
See our clowder at: http://www.PossiblePlaces.com/CatNipped/

See the RPCA FAQ site, by Mark Edwards, at:
http://www.professional-geek.com/rpcablog/

Old October 4th 10, 04:25 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Wayne Mitchell

Mischief wrote:

there's a cat curled up
on it with a look saying, "I don't plan on moving."

I think "Assertive Relaxation" is probably a course they have to pass in
order to be approved to own human slaves.
--

Wayne M.
Old October 4th 10, 04:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mischief[_2_]

On Oct 4, 8:25*am, Wayne Mitchell wrote:
*Mischief wrote:
there's a cat curled up
on it with a look saying, "I don't plan on moving."

I think "Assertive Relaxation" is probably a course they have to pass in
order to be approved to own human slaves.
--

Wayne M.

Yeah, kinda hard to inflate an air mattress when there's at least one
cat curled up on it, saying "You want something? You want me to
move? Oh that's nice."

Kristi
Old October 4th 10, 08:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
AZ Nomad[_2_]

?Mischief wrote:
there's a cat curled up
on it with a look saying, "I don't plan on moving."

I think "Assertive Relaxation" is probably a course they have to pass in
order to be approved to own human slaves.
--

Wayne M.

Yeah, kinda hard to inflate an air mattress when there's at least one
cat curled up on it, saying "You want something? You want me to
move? Oh that's nice."

Kristi

There is something about cats and bedding. Part of our ritual when
changing the sheets is to install the bottom sheet over a kitty and then
play with the moving lump. We always eventualy free them, but they
never think that getting trapped under the bottom sheet is a bad thing.
Old October 4th 10, 09:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

AZ Nomad wrote:

There is something about cats and bedding. Part of our ritual when
changing the sheets is to install the bottom sheet over a kitty and then
play with the moving lump. We always eventualy free them, but they
never think that getting trapped under the bottom sheet is a bad thing.

Believe me, if the cat wanted to get free, it would figure it out. Roxy
plays this game sometimes, and when she's done, she knows to go to the
edge of the mattress and dive out the side. No chance of having a cat
trapped under a fitted sheet for all eternity.

Joyce
Old October 4th 10, 09:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
John F. Eldredge

On Mon, 04 Oct 2010 01:48:30 -0700, Mischief wrote:

[...]

I kept wondering if the story was going to end up with a cat trying to
knead the air mattress, and accidentally puncturing it with its claws.

--
John F. Eldredge --
"Reserve your right to think, for even to think wrongly
Old October 5th 10, 08:12 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mischief[_2_]

On Oct 4, 1:59*pm, "John F. Eldredge" wrote:
[...]

nope, that's why a thick comforter has been covering the air
mattress. But when it's deflated, it just looks like the comforter
has been spread out on the floor. When I woke up this afternoon,
there were three cats on it.

I'm sleeping in my bed tonight, but I cannot seem to fold/put away the
blankets or air mattress, because every time i look there's at least
one cat on it....

Sigh,

Kristi