My birthday gift to Mom

Old January 9th 06, 05:51 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default My birthday gift to Mom

http://community.webshots.com/photo/...39952227XRIzpj

Jill

Old January 9th 06, 08:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"jmcquown" wrote in message
http://community.webshots.com/photo/...39952227XRIzpj

Jill

How lovely. My aunt used to collect those. Only the one you show here is
more unique than any of hers I remember.

Jo

Old January 10th 06, 12:07 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Jo Firey wrote:
"jmcquown" wrote in message
http://community.webshots.com/photo/...39952227XRIzpj

Jill

How lovely. My aunt used to collect those. Only the one you show
here is more unique than any of hers I remember.

Jo

My Scottish grandmother collected them and mom took up the tradition. Then
mom inherited some of her mom's and kept going from there. I used to go
with my father to the jewelry store to help pick out the new Doulton for
Mom's birthday. Now, of course, online makes it all so much easier! And
she hasn't gotten a new one in almost 10 years. It arrived a bit early but
Mom is thrilled and Dad commented on how nice a gift it was. I expected to
get a lecture about wasting my money but, nope, didn't happen! Hey, you
only turn 80 once, right? I'm lucky I can remember which ones she already
has

Jill

Old January 10th 06, 05:11 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"jmcquown" wrote in message
http://community.webshots.com/photo/...39952227XRIzpj

Jill

Not really into that kind of thing myself, but it's a beautiful doll.
Sam, closely supervised by Mistletoe

Old January 10th 06, 06:28 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Sam Nash wrote:
"jmcquown" wrote in message
http://community.webshots.com/photo/...39952227XRIzpj

Jill

Not really into that kind of thing myself, but it's a beautiful doll.
Sam, closely supervised by Mistletoe

Well, it's not a "guy thing" And not something you want to let the cats
play with!

Jill

Old January 10th 06, 07:35 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

jmcquown wrote:

Well, it's not a "guy thing" And not something you want to let the cats
play with!

Jill

Is it part of the "Pretty Ladies" series? Very nice! I don't have but
one piece of Royal Doulton - an antique bird. My Mom had some cups and
saucers which my sister has, I think. I'm not really into collectibles
of that nature (figurals) but I can appreciate the beauty of them.
The only figurals I have are Arts and Crafts period (Rookwood).

-L.

Old January 10th 06, 03:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

-L. wrote:
jmcquown wrote:

Well, it's not a "guy thing" And not something you want to let
the cats play with!

Jill

Is it part of the "Pretty Ladies" series? Very nice! I don't have but
one piece of Royal Doulton - an antique bird. My Mom had some cups
and saucers which my sister has, I think. I'm not really into
collectibles
of that nature (figurals) but I can appreciate the beauty of them.
The only figurals I have are Arts and Crafts period (Rookwood).

-L.

This is a "petite lady"; the pattern dates back to 1964. Mom has some very
old pretty ladies that belonged to her Scottish mother. I also have tea
cups and saucers from various bone china makers; Mom gave me the ones she
didn't care for. I sip chamomile tea from a Foley bone china cup I
don't have room to display them but maybe some day!

Jill